Everybody Wants Something

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 3

(A/N: You guys make me laugh. You're so sure her assistant is Krystal huh? Well i hope you guys won't be too disappointed.)

I never liked these types of events. They always felt…fake. No, not the food, that’s usually the best part of these things; free food. The fake ones are the people.

I don’t even know half these people in here but apparently they know me. I know I’m shouldn’t be saying that they are fake when I don’t even know them. But trust me, if you were in a room with more than a hundred people and they’re all saying that they feel sorry for your loss and that he was a great man; you would feel a little skeptical too.

Realistically, how many of them actually know my father personally? Probably a good 10% of this room and I’m one of them.

I was standing next to the refreshments table when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see a well over middle-aged man and his wife, who more looked like his daughter except for the fact that she’s not Asian.

Between you and me; she’s going to rob him blind.

“Good evening Ms. Liu. I hope you are enjoying tonight’s festivities.” He greeted while extending a hand out.

“Good evening, ugh…Mr..?” I didn’t know his name. But I reached out my hand to shake his out of manners.

“My apologies, Ms. Liu. How rude of me not to introduce myself first. The name is Hung Shun Fu and this is my lovely wife Stephanie Crowther-Hung.

‘Oh, so he’s Chinese. I have a feeling he wants something…’

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Hung.” I greeted her and shook her hand.

“The pleasure is all mine.” She smiled sweetly and me and returned my hand.

I didn’t not like the way she said it, there was something up with this girl.

“Your father was a great man, young lady.” Mr. Hung started.

“Thank you, he did the best he could to help those around him.” I smiled back. This guy was full of bull.

“Indeed he did. He helped me out when my company was hitting its rocky points. He acted as a beneficiary to my company to help me back on my feet. I hope that you too can follow in his footsteps.”

‘Bingo! He wants money.’

“I shall recheck the status on your company and consider it. But at the current moment I need to stop all proceeds until everything has stabled under my new position.” I said seriously so he wouldn’t take it as a joke.

“Very well. I wish you best of luck with such a thriving empire that you late father let behind for you. Don’t disappoint.” He smiled before walking away.

I knew he was angry. I could see it in his face. At the moment I mentioned that I would check his company’s status his eye and upper lip twitched.

I’m gonna have to go through everything that my father was involved in and making sure no one else took advantage of my father’s generosity.

I suddenly felt someone right in front of my face. It was Mrs. Hung.

“You must be one talented kid to inherit the Liu Corporation at such a young age.” She said as she played with the buttons on my shirt.

Seriously she’s trying to flirt with me? I grabbed her hands and removed it from my buttons.

“Yes, it shall be difficult but I will do my best.”

“I see, how about we get out of here?” She whispered in my ear.

“Excuse me?” I looked at her with my eyebrow raised.

“Well, you see, I’m rather attracted to you and look like you would be really great in bed.” She replied putting her arms around my neck.

I backed away a little. This girl really is something else.

“First of all, you do know I’m a girl right? Second, you’re married. It’s immoral.”

“I know, but you’re hot so I don’t care. And my husband can’t do the job anyways; he’s a useless old man. His company can’t even stand without your money. Come one, what do you say? You look like you could use a stress reliever.”

“Thanks for the offer but I’m gonna have to pass on this one.” I said as I waved goodbye and walked to the other side of the room.

I let out a sigh of relief when I finally see that she wasn’t pursuing me any further.

“My, my. Look at how beautiful you’ve grown.” I heard a man’s voice.

I turned around only to see a close friend and partner to my dad.

“Mr. and Mrs. Jung!” I ecstatically ran up and hugged them. I know it was a little much but I missed them.

“Someone is happy to see us.” Mrs. Jung smiled sweetly at me. Even though she is in her late middle ages she still looks as beautiful as ever.

“Of course! I haven’t seen you both in almost five years.” I smiled back at them, but with a genuine smile this time.

The Jung’s were good people. I’ve known them for as long as I could remember. They have two daughters which I’ve only meet a couple of times when I was about five or six years old but after that they moved to the U.S. so I didn’t get to see much of them after that. I don’t really remember their names it was so long ago. I do remember that they both had some pretty cold personalities though.

“How are you holding up dear?” Mrs. Jung asked me. This was the first time tonight any has asked me how I was doing.

“I’m doing okay. Just a little stressed out. School starts next week and with the company I don’t feel really confident right now.”

“Don’t worry, it’s always nerve wreaking when you first get into the business but you are a bright girl and hard working too. I know you will be able to bring your father’s legacy into a whole new level.” Mr. Jung said with a reassuring smile.

“I believe so too, Amber. And if you need any help you can always come to us. My daughters and I  recently moved back here to Korea. So whatever it is that you need feel free to ask for help.”

“Thank you Mrs. Jung. I really appreciate it.”

“Mind I asking which University you are going to attend?” Mr. Jung asked.

“Seoul University, I’m majoring in Business and Management, and minoring in Psychology.”

“Oh, then you won’t be alone, my youngest daughter, Soojung, will also be attending that school.”

“I’ll be looking forward to it.” I smiled to them before looking at my watch.

“I’m sorry, it’s getting late. I need to return home as my new assistant should be arriving soon.”

“Okay, make sure you take care of yourself. Your health is always in your top priorities.” Mrs. Jung said.

“Oh and Amber?”

“Yes, Mr. Jung.”

“You do be careful. There might be a lot of friendly faces out there in this industry but you mustn’t let your guard down. There are a lot of people with ill intents hidden under those masks. Your father was a great man but he still made a lot of enemies along the way. It’s part of the business so I suggest hiring a bodyguard.”

“Thanks, I’ll take it into consideration.”

XxxxxX

What Mr. Jung is right, I really should be on my toes. I don’t want too much attention so I’ll just hire a bodyguard that doesn’t stick on in the crowds and that can observe from afar.

When I got home I reached in my jacket pocket for my house keys. When I opened the door I searched in the dark for the light switch.

When I turned it on I was immediately tackled to the ground. I panicked for a second before my instincts start kicking in but I realized that the person on top of me was hugging me, not trying to kill me.

“I missed you soooo much, little foot!”

Only one person calls me that...

“Victoria?!” I screamed happy and I too returned her hug. We both started rolling on the floor laughing and hugging.

We then let go of our embrace and sat on the floor.

“What are you doing here?” I asked curious but still happy at the same time.

“What? I can’t visit my baby cousin?”

“Yes, you can but this is out of the blue.”

“Well, I got a job here so I decided to come live with you, if that’s okay?”

“Of course! This house is too lonely and quiet. You can stay forever!” I screamed and hugged her again. Finally! Someone in the house.

“Oh, my assistant will also be staying here if you don’t mind.” I added.

“Of course not. I mean, you are looking at her.” Victoria smiled.

“What?” I couldn’t believe what she just said.

“I.AM.YOUR.NEW.ASSISTANT!”

I then leaped up onto my feet and pulled her up with me. We both started jumping up and down with joy.

Hey, I maybe boyish on the outside but trust me when I say that the girl part seeps its way out from time to time.

Now that I have someone to talk to at home I don’t have to worry about going bonkers anymore.

No more talking to my totoro pillow!’

 

(A/N: Here's the next chapter. Don't worry, Krystal is going to be in the story. I don't want to rush things. They'll meet when they meet. The fates (me) will bring them together. Hope you liked the chapter. Comments are really appreciated :) )