Should I Give Up?

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 21

Amber’s POV:

It’s been a week since I woke up in the hospital. No matter how many times I told Victoria that I feel a lot better and can go home, she would always just glare at me saying that I would be able to leave the hospital once my doctor says it is okay.

I can’t help but seriously…go insane. It’s so boring lying in bed with absolutely nothing to do. Victoria has company related issues to attend to in my absence, my friends have classes to attend to so they can’t visit ‘til later, and Krystal had to go to Beijing with her father for a couple of days.

“GAH!!! Someone get me outta here!!” I screamed while pulling out on my hair.

My screaming made the nurse who entered my room drop the tray with my meds on them. She sighed in frustration because she had to go back to get a new batch.

I apologized for my outburst as she walked out the door.

“I think being cooped up in the room for too long may have snapped something in your brain.”

I turned over to the door, only to see Luna leaning against the door frame.

I jumped out of bed and went to hug the living daylights out of her.

“My savior!” I screamed aloud as I hugged her.

“A-Am-ber! Let go! I can’t breathe.” Luna croaked out as I violently shook her from side to side.

“Eheheh, sorry.”

“Should you even be standing?” Luna said patting off the imaginary dirt off her clothes.

“Meh.” I shrugged. “So what are you doing here? Don’t you have class?”

“I do, but I’d figured you would go crazy being all alone inside all day. And by the looks of it, I guessed right.”

“Aw, you’re the best.” I attempted a second bear hug only to be pushed back.

“So, I thought we’d head to the roof for some quality bonding.” Luna said lifting up a full bag of to-go boxes, smiling.

“Ehehehe, you read my mind all the way from school!” I smiled happily, following her to the roof.

*grumble, grumble*

“Ahahaha, more like I read your stomach.”

XxxxxX

On the Roof:

“So mind telling me how you remembered?” Luna asked.

“I don’t know, it just happened. I don’t…I mean…it…”

“Get to the point, Amber.”

“Heh, okay, patience is a virtue.”

“I don’t have any, now spill.” Luna said grabbing the collar of my shirt shaking me back and forth impatiently.

“Okay, Okay, just stop shaking me!”

XxxxxX

Krystal and I had just bought our ice cream and decided to take a stroll along the sidewalk of the park. I happily my cookie dough ice cream like a little child.

We decided to sit on a bench near the lake that resides right alongside the park. Neither of us had spoken since we left the ice cream parlor. My reason being that my throat still somewhat hurts. For Krystal, every time I glanced at her she looked like she was deep in thought.

That brings me to my second reason, I didn’t want to interrupt her thoughts, that and she looked somehow angry and frustrated and I didn’t want my head to be bitten off.

After sitting down I slumped down in the seat with both my elbows spread across the back support and my legs split resting on the heel of my shoes.

I closed my eyes feeling the cool breeze at it blew against my face. I took in a deep breathe, smelling the fragrance that nature had to offer, from the lake to the flower beds.

I then glanced over at Krystal, she sat with her legs crossed and playing with her fingers looking off to nowhere.

I sat back up properly and leaned in closer. Her gaze was facing the opposite direction so she didn’t notice me intently staring at her.

I was less than a foot from her head. She then released a heavy sigh and turned back around only to find my face which was now inches away from her.

“Gah! Amber!!!! NO!” She screamed, pushing me away.

I just continued laughing. “You should’ve seen the look on your face, it was priceless.”

“Well, no duh! You scared the out of me!”

“Ew…do wanna go home to change? You wouldn’t want to get a rash.” I joked.

“Quit playing around.” She slapped me on the arm, hard.

“Come on, it was only a prank. Loosen up a little.”

“Whatever…” She said with arms crossed, puffing out her cheeks.

I laughed some more before poking her puffed out cheeks, releasing the air in them resulting in a sound that’s similar to a fart.

She then grabbed my arm and dug her nails into them as a process. I must admit, it hurts but I was too amused to really care.

She finally let go when she realized I’m not doing anything about it.

“So what were you thinking about anyways?” I asked breaking the silence.

“Nothing…” Guess she’s still a little mad.

“Okay.” I didn’t pursue any further.

And as if on cue, her shoulders fell after I dropped the subject. Score one for Amber.

“Okay? That’s it? You’re not going to push me to tell you?” Krystal asked with a confused face.

“Why should I? I’m not really interested.” I lied, making sure my evil grin doesn’t pop out.

“Fine, I’ll tell you.” Score Two!

“I was just thinking of the person I like.” She let out a sigh.

“They don’t remember all the good times we had together and I don’t know if I should keep pursuing because I was the cause of it all.” She continued.

“Well, I think…” I began.

“Shut up, I’m not done yet.” I couldn’t help but laugh at her in my head.

“I love this person so much but…even after all my efforts, they don’t seem to notice and even if they did I don’t think they feel the same. Should I just give up and let ‘em go? Though, if I did…I think my heart with break in two.”

“Do you think he’s worth it?”

She didn’t answer me and just stared out at the lake. The look in her eyes, it’s the only answer that I needed. The eyes are the window to the soul. And by the look of it her soul holds all the guilt, pain, and love that she feels towards her special someone.

“Nothing is simply given to us, Soojung. Success without effort is worse than failure. If they’re worth it, then fight for them ‘til the end. Because even if you come out of it heart broken and teary eyed at least you tried…”

“Easier said than done.” She muttered.

“You know, sometimes I wish I was kid again.”

“Why?” Krystal asked. That statement was a little out of place.

“Because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts.”

Krystal was even more confused now.

“Amber…do you have someone you love?”

“I…I don’t know.”

“How can you not know?” Krystal asked getting a little irritated.

“Um…I know she’s special but every time I try to think about it, my head starts to hurt really bad; so I just stop.”

“Who is it?”

“You don’t know her.”

“How do you know that? I know a lot of people.” Krystal said scooting closer trying to the answer out of me.

Out of instinct I started moving down the bench as well. She kept moving closer, I kept retreating. Unfortunately for me I was running out of space to run away.

I finally reached the end and lost balance.

“Amber, be careful!” I started waving my arms in circular motion to keep myself from falling off the bench but to no avail.

I fell back and bumped my head really hard.

I groaned in pain. I sat up holding my head. I looked behind me to see what it was I exactly I hit my head on because it felt like someone just inserted ten thousand needles into my cranium.

“…why do they put the benches so close to each other” I grumbled as i stared at my attacker, the neighboring bench.

“Amber, are you okay?” Krystal asked as she kneeled down next to me.

“Yeah, I’m fine. My head just hurts. OW.” Pain just shot through my head and I cringed in pain.

“Let me see…” Krystal said taking my hands away from my head and examined it with a worried look.

“See, I’m okay.” I said getting up.

“No, you’re not. You’re bleeding.” Krystal said as she grabbed my hand and led me out of the park.

“I just called my driver. We’re going to the hospital.”

XxxxxX

“After that, during the night the pain got worse and I don’t know, it kinda flashed before my eyes.”

“Wow, that . First you get a concussion then you get shot. You’re unlucky these days.”

“I’ll say….”

“So you remember…everything?” Luna asked hesistantly.

“Yeah….everything from my first meeting with Krystal to when I got kidnapped.”

“Okay, now tell me about the kidnapping.”

“But you already know about it.”

“Yea but not he details of when you were still missing.” Luna gave me a duh face as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.”

“Amber, are you up here?” Victoria said as she peeked through the door.

“We’re over here.” I waved my hands.

“There you are, it’s late, come on both of you, downstairs.”

“But Victoria! Amber was going to tell me about her kidnapping.”

“She can tell you later or do you want to catch a cold?” Victoria said with her arms crossed.

“No….” We both said as we made for way downstairs.

“Party pooper.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing!” We both quickly said before running down the stairs.

 

 

(A/N: *Sigh* Finally i am able to write again. This whole writer's block thing isn't very pleasant. Sorry i didn't mean to leave the last chapter as a cliffie but when i re-read it, it didn't seem like one to me so i posted it. :P mea culpa.

So with that being said i probably won't be updating for awhile again. Too many things are coming up this month, *cough, cough* SMTOWN LIVE '12 *cough, cough*

They don't allow cameras but hey people are going to sneak them in regardless. soooo ehehehehe >:) unless you don't want photos of Kryber then i wont bring it :P

Well i hope you guys enjoy this extra long chapteer. And as always i do very much appreciate the comments and subs.

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and if i get 65 or more subs i might just write an epilogue to 'For Your Ears Only' >:D)