Idol Image

I Love You Too

(Felt being nice today. Think of it as a double post. Tehee.)

 

The DongBangShinki boys were patiently waiting till their names were called for the filming to start. They sat by the couches and studied the script handed to them and left little notes of reminders of questions to ask.

        Jaejoong sitting quietly by himself could not get over his little date with Yoobin. He honestly has never felt as happy as he was when he was with her. Was he already falling for his new bride too fast? No, maybe his was just infatuated with the idea he gets to be on a show on marriage. I mean, the man is a fully grown adult who is at the right age to be dating. But being DBSK’s Jaejoong, love would have to wait. He decided that he shouldn’t let business be mixed with pleasure especially with the peak his group was in. Jaejoong did not want to be selfish.

In the mist of his deep thoughts, he remembered the origami shaped paper bird Yoobin gave him on their first meeting. He rummaged through his bag and found the bird in a little worn out condition but nothing too serious. He read the letter to himself.

Annyong! Yoobin-imnida.

       Who ever you maybe, I guess we have already met. Your reading this letter because I have written down some goals and thoughts of this marriage. Honestly I feel marriage is a far subject for me. I have a lot of growing up to do and hopefully you may influence me along the way. Please do not feel that you always have to guide me because I am a woman but treat me as your equal. I want to let you lean on me as well. I hope this marriage can be a fun and learning experience for both of us. I like honest opinions and I feel the obstacles we face in life are hidden experiences. I want a husband who wants to treat me well not because he “has” to but he “wants” to. To my groom, may this letter shed some light to what my heart has to say.

Jaejoong reread the last sentence a few more times, maybe the whole feelings situations may be as difficult than he thought. He was touched to see a warm, heartfelt letter from Yoobin. Though she did not know what to expect from the first meeting, she generally had a sincere heart and the letter was just the cherry on top.

He jot down some notes from her letter because he had a itch feeling, he might use some of them as lyrics for his songs. If Yoobin didn’t know any better, she might have just inspired the young idol.

Yunho walked back inside the dressing room to see s all in their own word. Jaejoong was dazing off to his own thoughts, Changmin was munching on some snacks while the stylists tried to fix his outfit, Junsu was playing on his DS, while Yoochun was listening to his I-pod for some inspirations. It was as if Yunho did not miss any action going on.

“Yah, Hyung. Why did you have lipstick smudged on your lips? I think you need to go to noona for touch up.” Changmin stated as he munched some more on his chips.

“Mianhae. Probably wiped some off with a towel when I went to the men’s room.” Yunho nervously chuckled to see if any more evidence was on his face. After clearing up his face, he walked towards Jaejoong, who was in deep thought.

“Uh, Jaejoong hyung. I want to say sorry for the way I have been acting the past couple of days. I realized my actions were unjust and I should treat your wife with more respect than I have shown her. When I see her again, I will properly apologize to her on my rude behavior.”

“Yunho, it’s ok. I understand how you felt. I mean I would be alittle upset as well if someone disturbed my sleep. Lets call it truce and focus on getting our groove back on before the comeback. As for now, let’s enjoy this shooting and forget about the past.

The two grown men shook hands and gave each other a side hug with a pat on the back. Their brotherhood was too strong to be broken by a silly fight.

“DongBangShinki! You are needed on the set, we will begin shooting in just a few minutes.”

~~

“Wonder Girls, please start heading towards the set. We shall begin shooting soon.”

The girls were walking towards the set and respectively started bowing to the upper staff then to their sunbaes on stage. They took their spots and quietly waited for the rest to show up.

“Ah, It’s nice to see fresh faces again. I’m so honored to have you hear on your first national t.v appearance since your return from Korea.” Ho Dong said as he smiled none-stop at the quintet group.

~~

DongBangShinki were heading towards the stage when they noticed some familiar faces on stage. The Wonder Girls were sitting quietly by themselves studying the script before them. They quickly stood up and bowed to the boys when they noticed their presence.

“1, 2, 3...annyong haseyo Wonder Girls imnida.”

        Both groups wanted to congratulate each other’s member on the pretend marriage but realized they couldn’t till the first episode was aired. Damn restrictions. They casually said their hello’s and took their seats. They acted as if they did not have any relations at all and smiled to the camera.

        The idea of doing a fake persona comes part of the idol image. Pretending not to know one another in fear of scandals often makes idols look like they are competing with one another but in reality they are all just good friends. Idols do not have a personal life, rather they are limited to the types of people they can hangout with especially if those people happen to be from the opposite . Sure fans want to see their idols be happy but the idea of them being claimed by someone else can make those die heart fans into monsters.  Yes, this is a life of an idol. Working hard 24/7 from their trainee years to now, they are pushed to perfection, an unreachable goal. A life of fabrication but inside are true people trapped in a bubble they cannot escape. I guess that is what you called the price of fame. It is true what people say that we can never have our cake and eat it too.