Chapter 45: Teasings and Bickerings

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Light is seeping through Kyuhyun's sleep deprived eyes. He wants to sleep some more but it's already morning. Despite knowing that he had schedules for the day, he refused to open his eyes. His mind is already awake but his body is still asleep. All he wanted to do was to sleep and replay the events that happened last night. Last night was like a roller coaster of events. But eventually, his night ended in a very good way. He could call last night as one of the best nights of his life so far. He sighed happily as he opened his eyes and turned to his side. He smiled, wide, as he looked at the sleeping figure right next to him. She looks delicate while sleeping. He wished every morning would be like this. He wished that he could wake up right next to her every day. He wished her face is always the first thing that he sees as soon as he opens his eyes. She's so beautiful that it doesn't feel real. It's like a dream. Kyuhyun brushed the hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. He gently caressed her cheek until she stirred. She smiled but she didn't open her eyes.

"Hey." Kyuhyun whispered to her. He lightly pinched her soft and fluffy cheek.

Shin Hye tried her best to open her eyes. When she did, she was squinting at Kyuhyun. "Hi." She croaked out in a husky and y voice. She blinked several times and decided to close her eyes again.

Kyuhyun chuckled. How could someone be so cute and y at the same time? He watched her rub the sleep out of her eyes. When she finished, she looked up at him and smiled her sweetest smile.

"Good morning, boyfriend." She said.

Kyuhyun bit his lip to suppress a really huge smile. That feels really good to hear. He has waited so long to hear those words out of her precious lips again.

“Good morning, girlfriend.”

Shin Hye giggled. She giggled uncontrollably until her giggles turned into a full blown, melodious laugh. If Kyuhyun isn’t so confused why she was laughing, then he probably would have laughed too.

“What’s funny?” He asked.

Shin Hye’s laughter subsided and she smiled at Kyuhyun. He is knocked breathless every time she smiles at him like that.

“Because I’m really happy.” Shin Hye said. She reached out and pinched his cheek. “Also, your face is really puffy and you look really cute. Like a baby.”

Kyuhyun smiled and closed his eyes. He just let Shin Hye poke and pinch his cheek all she wants. He doesn’t care if after this, his face might get more swollen because of all the pinching Shin Hye is doing. It feels like heaven to him. To hear her laugh and giggle while lying beside him is everything for him. He would trade anything in the world for this.

When he felt that Shin Hye had stopped playing with his face, he opened his eyes to a beautiful sight. Shin Hye was staring at him with her gorgeous brown eyes. And her stare wasn’t wavering. It made Kyuhyun a little conscious. He felt his cheeks heating up and some other part of his body heating up as well. It’s early in the morning. Why would Shin Hye have to look at him like that?

“What?” He asked as he ran a hand through her hair.

Shin Hye sighed and shook her head. It wasn’t an exasperated sigh. It was a sigh of contentedness. She smiled at him and Kyuhyun felt like the whole room was suddenly too bright and warm but in a good way. A very good way.

“Remember what we talked about last night?”

Kyuhyun furrowed his brows. What did they talk about last night? They talked about a lot of things last night that he wasn’t sure what Shin Hye is talking about right now?

“Hmm.. Can’t exactly remember.” Kyuhyun grinned at his girlfriend.

Shin Hye clucked her tongue. She pulled her blankets closer to her. When they retired on Shin Hye’s bed last night, only she got under the covers. It wasn’t part of the plan that they sleep beside each other. After tucking Shin Hye in, Kyuhyun was supposed to go to the couch and sleep there. But their talk extended and soon enough, Shin Hye fell asleep and Kyuhyun was only watching her. He didn’t even know that he fell asleep on the bed as well.

“About us.” Shin Hye removed her gaze away from him. She suddenly found the hem of her blanket very interesting as she tugged and played with it.

“Oh.”

Kyuhyun took a sharp breath. Of course his girlfriend wants to be more cautious this time. She felt like they weren’t careful before thus, pictures of them on a date were snapped by a paparazzi. Now, Shin Hye proposed that they should be more careful. She told him before that she was ready to reveal their relationship if ever word got out about it, now it seems like she’s backing out of her own words.

“Fine. No matter how much I want to let the whole world know that you’re mine, I’ll try to control myself.” He winked at Shin Hye.

Shin Hye lightened up and sat up on the bed excitedly. “Thanks!” She smiled and lightly clapped her hands.

Kyuhyun sighed as he sat up as well. They were having such a good time last night that he didn’t want to bring the topic up. But he guessed that now’s a good time as any. It’s better to talk about it earlier than when it actually happened.

“You know, we got caught once before and the chance of getting caught now is higher. And if we ever had our photos taken again, I don’t think we can bribe those journalists again. They might just release the photos without our knowledge. If that happens, what do we do?”

Kyuhyun sounded so serious and distressed that Shin Hye’s smile faded. Her shoulders slumped. She dropped her hands on her lap and looked at it.

“I know that.” Shin Hye said in a very small and sad voice that Kyuhyun regretted bringing that up.

“Okay. You know what? Let’s talk about that some other time. Let’s just take one step at a time and enjoy our relationship with just the two of u swho only knows about it.” Kyuhyun said as he took her hands and held it. He gave her an encouraging smile that says everything’s going to be alright.

Shin Hye’s face lit up mirroring Kyuhyun’s smile. But a thought crossed her mind and the smile went away replaced by a guilty look on her face.

“There’s just one thing.” She said in her tiny voice.

“What?”

Shin Hye bit her lip as she looked up into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“It’s the fans. Our fans.”

“Okay. What about them?” Kyuhyun asked, frowning.

“When I received those pictures of us before, I thought about it getting out of the media and what my fans would think about it once they knew. And I don’t want them to feel like I betrayed them by not telling them about it. I don’t know. I just.. I feel like I owe them this. I don’t want them to turn their backs on me. Thankfully your company and mine had managed to block that news from getting out of the media and also, that you broke up with me.” Shin Hye said all in one breathe. She grinned after saying the last part.

Kyuhyun just narrowed his eyes at her when he heard that last bit of her sentence. But he is also confused. Shin Hye is trying to point something out and he has an idea what it could be. He just isn’t sure if his hunch is correct.

“Are you saying.. We should, like, tell our fans about us?” Kyuhyun said in a slow manner. Like he wasn’t sure if what he was saying is correct.

Shin Hye slowly nodded her head. “Yeah. Something like that.”

She answered in quiet voice that Kyuhyun almost didn’t hear it. He moved his head closer to her to hear her better.

“Again. You want us to tell our fans that we’re dating?” Kyuhyun said, emphasizing each word.

Shin Hye only nodded her head at him with her big and bright eyes blinking. When Kyuhyun didn’t respond and is only looking at her in a dumb founded manner, she waved her hands in the air dismissively.

“I think you’re right. Let’s talk about this some other time some other time.” She grinned at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded his head. “That wasn’t a bad idea, though. Aigoo. My girlfriend is smart.” He smiled. He reached over to her face to pinch her cheeks.

Shin Hye smiled and giggled. She grabbed Kyuhyun’s hands and removed it from her cheeks.

“You know what else we should talk about?”

Shin Hye whispered to him in her husky morning voice. God, Kyuhyun wished she’d stop whispering to him like that. It’s making him feel things especially this early in the morning. She might not even be aware how y her voice sounds if she whispered like that.

“What?” Kyuhyun croaked out.

“Let’s talk about why you’re on my bed. Weren’t you supposed to be sleeping on the couch?”

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes at him while crossing her arms pretending to be mad. She’s back to her adorable self. Although Kyuhyun had to admit, he liked y whispering Shin Hye as well. He let out a breath.

“Well.. You know when I walked you to your room and we ended up talking some more and then you fell asleep and I just had to watch you sleep because, geez, you are gorgeous while you’re sleeping and you’re just the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on and I thought I would be missing half of my life if I don’t watch you sleep. Next thing I knew, I fell asleep beside you.” Kyuhyun said in one beat. He smiled at her while wriggling his eyebrows.

In spite of her whole I’m-mad-at-you adorable act, Shin Hye smiled and giggled. Her cheeks turned into a stunning shade of pink.

“That’s very sweet. Although it was a bit creepy.”

“I’m sorry for being creepy. I mean it, though. You’re beautiful. And I could just watch you sleep for as long as I could handle.” He whispered.

“You’re being creepy again.” Shin Hye whispered back.

Kyuhyun ignored that. He smirked, placing his hand behind Shin Hye’s neck. He gently pulled her face closer to his until their lips had touched. Something exploded inside him as soon as Shin Hye responded to the kiss. He’s not sure what it is but it is making him feel bold. Gently, he pinned her down to the bed. He s his hand on Shin Hye’s waist pulling her body closer to him. Shin Hye responded by entangling her hands into Kyuhyun’s hair. She grabbed a handful of his hair in her fist making Kyuhyun moan in her lips.

Kyuhyun’s mind is going haywire. His body is tingling with electricity. This kiss is so hot and intense. How many times have they kissed before? But today, something was different with both of them. They both approached each other with a certain hunger with their kisses. His hand travelled underneath her shirt. He smirked as he felt Shin Hye sighing into his lips. Her hands moved to the back of his neck, her nails digging pleasurably at his skin. He nibbled on her lips at how good that felt. At the back of his mind, Kyuhyun knew that they need to stop because if they didn’t, he is sure something might probably happen. But he can’t. He can’t pull his lips away from hers.

Suddenly, someone’s phone is ringing. But not one of them is pulling away from each other. Their hot kiss continued on with the ringing of the phone as their background. Finally, Shin Hye pushed him away. They were both out of breath because of the kiss. Kyuhyun moved away from Shin Hye. Wow. What just happened?

Shin Hye scrambled for her phone which has been incessantly ringing. When she has finally located her phone, she stood up from the bed and looked at Kyuhyun. Her face is flushed. He watched her as she answered the call. Who could be call at this hour, disrupting what they were doing?

“Yoboseyo? Oh, oppa. What’s up?” Shin Hye answered.

There was a long pause. Shin Hye’s manager oppa is probably relaying her schedules to her. From where he was sitting (on the bed), Kyuhyun could hear Manager Joon’s voice. It was loud. He couldn’t make out what he was saying but his voice is loud enough for him to hear.

“Tonight? No, of course not! I did not forget!” Shin Hye laughed nervously while throwing Kyuhyun an apologetic look. “Yes, I know. Alright. Okay. Yeah. Arasso. Bye. See you later.” She sighed as she ended the call.

She threw her phone on the bed which Kyuhyun managed to catch. With the different versions of ‘Okay’ that Shin Hye had said on the phone, you’d think that she was just on the phone with her eomma.

Shin Hye sighed. She crossed her arms and bit her lower lips.

“Wae?” Kyuhyun asked.

Shin Hye shook her head. “Nothing. I just forgot that I’m leaving tonight.”

“Where are you going? And how long?”

Kyuhyun didn’t meant for the question to sound a bit whiney. But what can he do? They just got back together and Shin Hye’s leaving. He thinks he has the right to whine given that his girlfriend would be gone for a few days.

“China. I’ll be gone for a week or so.” Shin Hye grinned at her boyfriend’s shock expression.

“A week?” Kyuhyun gasped. “Why so long?”

Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders. “I know. Joon oppa said that after the fanmeeting, we would be meeting with some people and signing contracts.”

“Contracts for?”

Shin Hye just shrugged her shoulders again. She held her hands out to Kyuhyun who was still lounging on her bed.

“Come on. Let’s get you home.”

Kyuhyun pouted like a baby. He sighed before taking Shin Hye’s hand. Shin Hye pulled him out of the bed. Against his will, Kyuhyun was dragged out of the bedroom and into the living room. Shin Hye picked up Kyuhyun’s jacket which was lying on the couch and placed it on her shoulders. His cap, which he made her wear last night, was also picked up by Shin Hye. She tiptoed as she placed the cap on Kyuhyun’s head. He felt a tickling sensation on his skin where Shin Hye’s fingers touched or grazed.

“I don’t want to go.” Like a little kid, Kyuhyun pouted and stomped his feet.

Shin Hye laughed at him. “I don’t want you to go too. But you have to. Any minute now, Joon oppa might come barging on the door.” She grabbed his shoulders, turned his body around and started pushing him towards the door.

“Why would he come barging in? Does he know your lock code?” Kyuhyun asked as he was being pushed away.

“Yes.” Shin Hye answered patiently.

“Why?”

“Just because.”

“Can I stay here while you’re gone?”

“Nope.”

“Why not?”

“Because we’re being careful, remember?”

“Can I know your lock code?”

“YAH!” Shin Hye yelled.

Kyuhyun turned around to face her. She looks mad but not that mad. His questions must have probably annoyed her a bit. He smiled, lightening the mood.

“So, that’s a ‘no’ then?” He grinned.

“Yes.” Shin Hye sighed.

“Yes you’ll tell me your lock code?” Kyuhyun tried again.

“No!” Shin Hye glared at him and hit his arm.

“Okay, okay!” Kyuhyun chuckled as he massaged where he was hit. “I think I know what it is, anyway.”

Shin Hye gasped at him. As she opened to say something, Kyuhyun cupped her face and dropped a kiss on her lips. A more innocent kiss than what they shared earlier.

“Don’t worry. I won’t do that and break into your apartment.” Kyuhyun said as their lips pulled apart.

Shin Hye made a face at him. An It’s-okay-I-forgive-you face and it was adorable. She looked up at his eyes and smiled. She wrapped her arms around Kyuhyun and buried her face in his chest. Kyuhyun was shocked by her sudden actions. But he smiled to himself as he wrapped his arms around her as well.

“What are you doing? I thought I should get going?” Kyuhyun teased.

“Wait. I need to get a week’s worth of hug from you first.” Shin Hye said through muffled voice.

Kyuhyun laughed. Who is he to complain if his girlfriend wants a week’s worth of hug? He burrowed his face in her hair, inhaling its sweet smell. It turns out, he also needs a week’s worth of hug. He smoothed her hair out and kissed her at the top of her head. Shin Hye looked up at him, still not letting him go.

“I’m going to miss you.” She said in her aegyo voice.

Kyuhyun smiled at her. “Well, I miss you already.” He bent his head down and kissed her on the lips again.

Shin Hye blushed. She pulled back from him and turned him around again.

“Okay, you really need to go.” She giggled as she opened the door.

Kyuhyun sighed while stepping out of the door. He faced her and pouted.

“See you when you get back.” He said in a sad voice while waving his head.

Shin Hye nodded her head while waving at him back. “Yes. We still have a lot of things to talk about.”

“Right.” Kyuhyun pouted.

“Now go.” Shin Hye waved him away. She smiled to him sweetly before shutting the door.

Kyuhyun smiled to himself as he stared at the closed the door. He is so happy. He figured, it’s okay that Shin Hye would be gone for a week right after they got back together. He has his whole life to show her how much he loves her, anyway. He walked happily towards the elevator. If he wasn’t so embarrassed about the cameras, then he probably would’ve happily skipped as well.

When he reached the elevator, he looked at the opposite end of the hall to his noona’s apartment. He wondered if she was there. He shrugged his shoulders. He’ll talk to her some other time. As he pressed the down button, he realized he forgot something. He ran back to Shin Hye’s door and banged the door. When the door opened, he was greeted by a shocked Shin Hye.

“Hi! Did you forget something?”

“Yup. I did.”

Kyuhyun grabbed her waist and pulled Shin Hye to him. He kissed her tenderly on her warm and soft lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter