Chapter 38: Time to Move on

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was a nervous wreck. She was following his manger oppa absent-mindedly while being cautious of her surroundings. They were currently at SBS building for the script reading of her new drama. But she was not nervous because of that. She had done countless of script readings before that she could do it with her eyes closed. And besides, she studied her script so well last night. She was nervous because outside the building, she saw a group of fans holding balloons in the color of Sapphire Blue and that only meant one thing. She was currently at the same place as Super Junior. She was currently at the same place as Kyuhyun. And any moment now, he might just appear in front of her. That might possibly happen because, after all, SBS station's building is a small place.

"Look at you. Geez." Manager Joon clucked his tongue at Shin Hye.

"What?" Shin Hye asked him while she was looking around.

"Nothing. Just can't believe the minute I left you in your new apartment alone that you would invite your ex-boyfriend over for dinner." Manager Joon said while shaking his head.

Shin Hye gasped. "I did not invite him! I was just.. I was just.." Shin Hye struggled to find the words to explain why she did what she did. "I was just being polite!" She exclaimed. Right after Kyuhyun left her apartment the other night, she immediately called her manager oppa and told him what happened. And not just the things that happened but the things that she felt as well.

"Yeah, sure! Being polite by inviting him for dinner." Manager Joon pointed out. "What are you so nervous for, anyway?"

"That I might bump into him here." Shin Hye said while trying to squeeze herself behind her manager.

Manager Joon chuckled. "Well you don't need to worry about that. The drama department, which is where we are right now, is at the east wing. While the music department, which where Kyuhyun probably is right now, is at the west wing." He smirked.

"Yah! Oppa!" Shin Hye exclaimed as she hit her manager oppa's arm. "Don't mention his name out loud!" She whispered loudly.

Manager Joon rolled his eyes. "Fine. And so what if you bump into him?" He asked.

"I'm kind of embarassed with, you know, with what happened that night." Shin Hye quietly said.

Manager Joon scoffed. "What? With you blushing when he smiled at you?"

Shin Hye looked up at her manager briefly before bowing her head down shyly. She gave a weak nod as a response.

"Why? Is that the first that you blushed in front of him?" Manager Joon asked with an arched eyebrow. It seemed that he was genuinely asking.

"Well.. No.. But.. I shouldn't have done that! Because.. I'm over him already!" Shin Hye exclaimed as she stomped her foot.

"Shin Hye-ah, blushing is an involuntary reflex so you might want to think about saying that you are over him already some more." Manager Joon snickered at her.

"What was that supposed to mean? Of course I'm over him already!" Shin Hye said as she and her manager oppa stopped walking in front of a door.

"Arasso, Shin Hye-ah. For now, I need you to pull yourself together. Forget about Kyuhyun for a couple of hours and focus on Lee Minho only." Manager Joon lectured her.

Shin Hye scrunched up her face at the mention of Lee Minho's name. He was her new drama partner. They have met before for an advertisement shoot but didn't actually kept in contact over the years. Now, he was considered a top star with rabid fangirls tailing his every move. Shin Hye was sure that she would gain a new batch of anti-fans through this drama.

"Arassoyo, oppa. Keunde, I told you not to mention his name!" Shin Hye hissed at her manager.

"Fine, fine! Let's go. But wait--" Manager Joon stopped as he was about to open the door when a thought came to him. "One more thing, Shin Hye-ah. Don't call me in the middle of the night to talk to me about your ex-boyfriend again ever. You have your girlfriends for that. Okay? Now, breathe deep and be Cha Eunsang." He said as he opened the door to one of the many conference rooms in SBS station's building.

Shin Hye was mentally internalizing for her character as they entered the room. To her surprise, none of her new co-stars weren't here yet. Only the staff, crew, the writer and the director were there. They seemed to be busy discussing something but everyone lifted their heads up when Shin Hye entered the room.

"Oh! Park Shin Hye is already here!" Kim Eunsook, the scriptwriter, happily exclaimed.

"Annyeong hasseyo." Shin Hye bowed down and politely greeted everyone.

"Shin Hye-ssi, you're a bit early." The director said while chuckling at her.

"Really?" Shin Hye exclaimed as she felt a blush creep on her cheeks.

"Yes. The others informed us that they might be a little late because most of them would be coming from different schedules." The scriptwriter informed her.

"Is that so?" Shin Hye mumbled.

"Wow. Uri Shin Hye is the most punctual out of all the kids despite being the sunbae." The director happily said.

"Eyy, aniiyo." Shin Hye good naturedly teased. "Can I just come back in a while then?"

"Of course, of course!" Kim Eunsook said. "Too bad Lee Minho-ssi isn't here yet. You two could use a little alone time on your own." She winked at Shin Hye.

"No. They've known each other from way back. They're already friends. Right, Shin Hye-ssi?" The director asked.

Shin Hye laughed awkwardly. "Ah, deh." She answered.

Slowly, she and Manager Joon backed out of the door as the group continued on with their discussion. They gently closed the door and walked a few paces away before talking.

"Oppa! That was embarassing!" Shin Hye squealed as she covered her face with her hands.

"We're an hour early. Sorry!" Manager Joon apologized while holding out a peace sign with his fingers. "Hey! Look who's coming!" He said as he nudged Shin Hye and pointed at the end of the hall.

"Huh? Who?" Shin Hye asked as she removed her hands from her face. She squinted at the direction where her manager was pointing but couldn't make out who it was. But it surely wasn't Kyuhyun. It was smaller and a little thinner. When the guy was only about a mile away, he smiled and Shin Hye recognized who it was.

"Oppa." Shin Hye said while clutching her manager's arm. "Why don't you go and grab my stuff from the van while I go.." She said while pointing at her back.

"While you what?" Manager Joon asked but wasn't able to get an answer because Shin Hye dashed out to the opppsite side of the hallway. "Yah! Park Shin Hye! Where are you going?!"

Shin Hye ignored her manager as she continued to ran. She ran and ran until she could no longer do it. Luckily for her, she found a couch at the end of a hallway. She made her way there and plopped down on the couch.

"Oh this is embarassing! How could I forget that he was in this drama, too?" Shin Hye asked herself. She was panting from her run. "Ah ottoke?!"

Shin Hye pouted to herself. Her day had just started and already, it wasn't turning out in a good way. She had made a fool out of herself twice already. First at the conference room and the second was when she ran away from him, again.

"Why am I always embarassing myself lately?" She asked herself. She looked around and at the corner, she saw a vending machine which had her favorite Banana Milk. She stood up from the couch and approached the vending machine. She fumbled for her pockets and luckily for her, she found a couple of coins buried at the depths of her pockets.

"Yes! This is the first good thing to happen to me today! Maybe my day would turn up just fine." Shin Hye sighed in relief while assuring herself.

She inserted the coin on the slot and pressed the button for the Banana Milk. She waited eagerly while keeping her eye on her target. She waited for what seems like minutes but to her dismay, nothing was happening. The Banana Milk wasn't moving and she might have just wasted her precious coins.

"My coins. My Banana Milk. What is going on with me?" Shin Hye whimpered and pouted.

She lightly kicked the dissapointing vending machine. Slowly, she slid down to the floor. She hugged her knees and rested her forehead on it. She continued to whimper and feel sorry for herself. She didn't know how long she was in that position that she didn't hear someone's footsteps approached her and didn't notice a familiar scent of a guy's perfume wafting in the air.

"Is everything okay?"

Shin Hye snapped her head up when she heard that very familiar voice. He was kneeling on the floor, one knee bent and was looking intently at her with his furrowed brows and eyes full of concern. Shin Hye felt her breath got caught in . Her heart started beating rapidly. Kyuhyun was kneeling right in front of her looking very handsome and smelling really nice.

"Uhm.. Well.. Because of this vending machine.." Shin Hye quietly said.

Kyuhyun looked at the vending machine then to her. "Why? What did the vending machine to you?" He smiled at her.

Shin Hye felt her mind had stopped working because of that smile. "Because.. I wanted to drink Banana Milk so I inserted a coin but nothing happened." She wanted to slap herself for sounding so stupid. She already embarassed herself in front of an ex-boyfriend earlier and now, she's doing it again in front of a different ex-boyfriend. An ex-boyfriend that is making her heart race.

"Oh." Kyuhyun nodded his head. "This vending machine , you know. It's not doing what it's supposed to be doing. But this is my favorite one out of the many here in this building. Too bad that they're not trying to fix it. But I could help you." He said as he smiled.

Shin Hye watched as Kyuhyun stood up and looked at the vending machine. With a hit to the side and a loud bang, Shin Hye's Banana Milk came tumbling down. She took a mental note of how manly Kyuhyun looked while he was inspecting and hitting the vending machine.

Kyuhyun grabbed the Banana Milk and stuck the straw in it. He knelt down in front of Shin Hye and gave it to her. "Here you go. Your favorite Banana Milk." He smiled at her.

That smile again. He needs to stop doing that or else I just might lose it. Shin Hye thought to herself. She felt a blush trying to creep in her cheeks. She tried her hardest to prevent it but eventually, it came. She just hoped that Kyuhyun didn't notice it. "Uhm, komawo." Shin Hye said as she took the Banana Milk from him. Their fingers lightly brushed and Shin Hye felt it again. That little jolt of electricity. The same one as what she felt in the elevator the other day when their hands touched lightly.

"You're welcome." Kyuhyun smiled. He stood up and with another loud bang, retrieved a drink for himself. A Banana Milk, too.

Shin Hye noticed that Kyuhyun didn't even placed a coin in the slot. He just went ahead and slammed the vending machine to get a drink for himself.

"You didn't even use a coin!" Shin Hye exclaimed.

Kyuhyun chuckled. "This one right here doesn't really need coins. It just needs a little push." He said as he slammed the vending machine again but this time, lighter. Light enough not to cause any drink to tumble down.

"That's so unfair." Shin Hye pouted as she tought of her coin. She felt cheated and betrayed.

Kyuhyun sat down on the floor beside her, his legs crossed. Not too close to her but not too far either. No one talked for a few minutes. They were just quietly sipping their own Banana Milks. Shin Hye took a chance and looked at Kyuhyun. To her surprise, he was staring at her. And quite intently at that. He didn't even backed down even when Shin Hye looked at him. She quickly turned her gaze away and concentrated on a loose thread on her pants and fiddled with it.

"How are you?" Kyuhyun asked, breaking the silence between them.

Shin Hye looked at him in surprise. "Huh? I'm fine. Good." She gave him a tight smile. She realized that it was only polite to ask him how he's doing as well so she asked. "How about you? I mean, how are you?"

"I'm better now." Kyuhyun smiled at her.

That smile again. Shin Hye nodded her head and looked down to find the loose thread on her pants, not knowing what to say next.

"So, what brings you here?" Kyuhyun asked her again.

"Nothing. Just hiding from someone." Shin Hye absent-mindedly answered as she was trying to pull the loose thread off of the pants.

"You mean, you specifically went here in SBS station's building just so you could hide from someone? Wow." Kyuhyun asked in an amused tone.

Shin Hye bit her lip, realizing her mistake. "Oh. You meant here as in SBS station's building.."

Kyuhyun nodded his head. "Yup. That was exactly what I meant." He said. He looked like he was trying to surpress a laugh.

"Oh. I thought you meant here as in here.." Shin Hye said as she motioned to the space around the two of them. She was acting like a complete babo in front of him and she had a bad feeling about it. "I'm here, at SBS, for the script reading of a new drama."

"Oh right! I've heard of that. That was in the news the other day. Wow. There's you and Lee Minho, Kim Woobin, Krystal, Kang Minhyuk, that guy who was in Donghae hyung's drama plus a bunch of other sunbaes." Kyuhyun said as he listed off the cast members in his fingers. He turned to Shin Hye and looked straight in her eyes. "Oh and how could I forget. There's also Kang Haneul." He smirked.

Shin Hye blinked her eyes several times at Kyuhyun. She had never mentioned that name to him before and so did he. He never dropped that name before. "Uh, yeah.. He is.. He is.. Part of the cast.." She stuttered.

Kyuhyun nodded his head slowly. "So, is he the one that you're hiding from?" He asked in an uncertain tone.

Shin Hye let out a deep breath and nodded her head. "Yeah." She said in a low voice.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kyuhyun asked kindly. But seeing Shin Hye's expression, his stance changed. "I mean, it's okay if you don't want to.. Talk about it that is.. I just figured that maybe if you let it out then maybe you'd somehow feel nice and comfortable.. You know.. It's okay if you don't want to say anything to me. I totally understand. But if you do, then I'll be happy to listen and maybe give some advice or whatever. But if you don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter