Chapter 26: The Truth

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye awoke with a pounding head and no memory of what had happened the night before. The last thing that she could recall of the events of last night was of her, Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae playing a board game and some bits of pieces of her and Eunhyuk dancing to Gee. Shin Hye covered her face with her hands and grunted. She then noticed a jacket draped over her. She sniffed it and it smells exactly like Kyuhyun's cologne. Shin Hye wobbly sat up from the couch and saw Kyuhyun sprawled out on the floor sleeping.

"What's he doing here?" Shin Hye whispered to herself.

She wobbly stood up and tiptoed to get her bag but unfortunately, she tripped on Kyuhyun's foot. Shin Hye stumbled and fell above Kyuhyun causing him to wake up.

"Hi. Good morning." Kyuhyun said in his groggy, throaty voice, which Shin Hye found so adorable and manly at the same time, while smiling.

Wide eyed, Shin Hye immediately stood up and ran out the door.

"Hey! Wait!" Kyuhyun called out to her. On her way out to the coffee shop, Shin Hye bumped into Sungmin's equally handsome little brother.

"Annyeong hasseyo. Good morning." Sungjin greeted her. He looked at Shin Hye and to the backroom door and back again to Shin Hye. "You slept here?" He asked her.

"Uhm, good morning. Yeah, kinda." Shin Hye grinned and nervously laughed. She waved at him and hurriedly walked out of the door.

Outside, Shin Hye hurriedly spotted her car. She walked towards it and stopped as soon as she realized something. "No! I forgot my bag inside." She pouted. She fumbled for her car keys and luckily, it's inside one of her pants' pockets. "Oh, thank God my car keys are here!"

Shin Hye climbed in her car and sighed. "What am I doing?" Shin Hye rested her forehead on the steering wheel. "I should be talking to him." She snapped her head up and started her car's engine. She looked at the rear view mirror and saw Kyuhyun walking towards her car with her bagpack.

"He's not even in a hurry. He's walking oh so slowly. How dare he smile at me in a very adorable way?" Shin Hye glared at the sight. "Fine! If he doesn't want to talk to me, then I don't want to talk to him either."

Just as Kyuhyun knocked on her car door's window, Shin Hye glared at him one last time and drove off.

 

"Okay, boys! I know you often say that you guys have been doing this for so long and you already know what you're doing, blah, blah, blah," Super Junior's manager was saying. "..but you still have to rehearse, Arasso?"

"Deh." The Super Junior members lazily replied.

"This will be your first time to perform in this country so please, do it seriously and properly, arasso?" Their manager lectured them.

"Deh, hyung." The members replied with so little energy.

"You guys are to perform three songs but only two songs are written here, Mr. Simple and Sorry sorry. You guys choose what other song you like." Their manager said as he looked at the paper.

"Jeongmal? Then can we sing Dongbangshinki's song?" Donghae lazily asked their manager hyung.

"Aish!" The manager hit Donghae's head with a clipboard.

"Owww! Hyung! I was just joking." Donghae pouted while massaging his head.

"Anyway, Shindong and Hyukjae, take charge of the choreography." He said while pointing to the two. Shindong and Eunhyuk distractedly nodded. "And where the hell is Kyuhyun?" Their manager shouted.

Just then, the door to the practice room opened and Kyuhyun's head popped in. He grinned as he saw their manager's angry face. "Hyung! You're already here." He nervously laughed and properly entered the room.

"Come here." Their manager motioned for Kyuhyun to stand beside him. "Why are you late? I said come here before 10am, right?" He angrily asked Kyuhyun while hitting he's head with a clipboard. The very same clipboard that graced Donghae's head earlier. Kyuhyun could hear Donghae giggling.

"Hyung! That hurts!" Kyuhyun whined while massaging his head. "I slept at my parents' house and went back to the dorm to take a shower."

"You are always late. Go and ask your hyungs what I just told them to do." Their manager told him. As Kyuhyun turned his back to their manager to go to his hyungs, their manager called his attention. "Oh Kyuhyun-ah, jamkkan."

Kyuhyun turned his head towards their manager. "Deh, hyung?"

"Nice bagpack." He told Kyuhyun while obviously trying to surpress his laugh. "I didn't know you like pink." Their manager and his hyungs laughed at him.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at them. "Whatever." He mumbled.

"Practice, okay! Don't do silly stuffs. I'll see you guys later!" Their manager was still laughing as he went out of the practice room.

"This is Park Shin Hye's bagpack, okay? She left it at Kona Beans." Kyuhyun said as soon as the practice room's door closed.

"Oh so you were with her this morning?" Leeteuk asked him.

"Ani!" Donghae answered for Kyuhyun. "They were together since last night!"

"They slept together!" Eunhyuk exclaimed. He and Donghae high fived each other.

"Mwo?!" The other members shouted at Kyuhyun.

"It's not what you think!" Kyuhyun told them. "It's their fault! These bastards got her drunk!" Kyuhyun shouted while pointing at Eunhyuk and Donghae.

"Mwo?!" The other members turned to Eunhyuk and Donghae.

"Yah! We told you already we didn't!" Eunhyuk shouted at Kyuhyun.

"This kid is so disrespectful!" Donghae stuck his tongue out to Kyuhyun.

"You guys went drinking with Park Shin Hye? Why didn't you tell us?" Ryeowook pouted.

"You unlucky guys have schedules!" Eunhyuk said.

"It was so fun! Shin Hye did some crazy stuff when she got drunk." Donghae proudly said.

"Jeongmal? Like what?" Shindong asked, his eyes wide.

"YAH!" Kyuhyun shouted. "We're not going to discuss my girlfriend's drinking habits. Not here, not right now, not ever!" He turned and walked towards the door.

"Yah! Where are you going?" Leeteuk asked him.

"I'm not in the mood to dance around." Kyuhyun said.

"But we're leaving tomorrow!" Sungmin called out to him.

"Exactly." Kyuhyun said as he went out of the door and slammed it.

 

Kyuhyun parked his car a couple of blocks from Shin Hye's house. Shin Hye lives in a neighborhood wherein other celebrities also live. If ever someone sees him freely walking towards Park Shin Hye's house, he is pretty sure they won't tell. As he arrived in front of Shin Hye's house, instead of pressing the doorbell, he just sighed.

"Ottoke?" He asked himself. Just then, he could feel Shin Hye's phone vibrating in her bagpack which Kyuhyun is wearing. He removed the bagpack from his back and took out Shin Hye's phone. He frowned when he saw who was calling.

"Just what does Jung Yonghwa think he's doing to be calling other people's girlfriend?" Kyuhyun scoffed and rejected the call. Since this morning, Shin Hye has received about a hundred messages which Kyuhyun can't read and open because Shin Hye's phone is password protected.

"What now?" Kyuhyun asked himself. He sat down at the gutter. He was too embarassed to ring the doorbell and talk to Shin Hye but he knows that he had to do it sooner or later. He put the phone back inside the bag and rested his chin on his hand. He stayed like that for a few minutes until finally, someone was opening the gate. Kyuhyun immediately stood up and smiled when he saw who opened the gate.

"What are you doing here?" Shin Hye asked him.

"I was, uhm," Kyuhyun handed Shin Hye her bagpack. "You left this earlier."

"I know." Shin Hye said as she snatched her bag from Kyuhyun's hand.

"I was hoping that maybe we could talk?" Kyuhyun asked her.

Shin Hye narrowed her eyes at him. "How long have you been sitting there?" She asked him.

"Uhm, quite a while? We're leaving and won't be back until--"

"If you really wanted to talk to me then you should've rang the doorbell earlier." Shin Hye said in an angry tone. Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak but decided not to because he doesn't know what to say. "Whatever it is that you want to talk to me about, I'm pretty sure you have lots of other friends to talk to about it." Shin Hye angrily said. She slammed the gate at Kyuhyun's face.

"Wait, what?" Kyuhyun muttered. Feeling dejected and confused, he walked back to his car and drove home.

 

Super Junior, and the other artists performing for the music festival, arrived at the hotel that they were billeted in. When they arrived at their floor, Super Junior's manager gathered them first to tell them their room assignments.

"Sungmin and Kyuhyun are roommates." Their manager said while pointing at them.

"Hyung! I want to be roommates with Kyuhyun!" Donghad whined to their manager.

"Shiro! I don't want to be roommates with you!" Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out to Donghae while Donghae lightly punched him on the arm.

"Yah! Stop that!" Their manager scolded them. "Anyway, after settling in in your rooms, the music festival producers prepared a buffet at the 2nd floor of the hotel for the idols. If you guys are hungry, go and eat. If not, please don't go lounging around the hotel with some girl group member. Just rest. Arasso?"

"Deh, hyung." The members replied.

The other members started to move around and go in their rooms except for Kyuhyun who was poking their manager's arm. "Hyung? Hyung?" Kyuhyun cutely said.

Their manager looked at him with a blank expression. "Nope. You'll get your phone back when we get back to Korea." Their manager told him.

"Aish!" Kyuhyun pouted and stomped his way to their room and slammed the door.

"What now, Kyuhyun-ah?" Sungmin, who turned the TV on and was flipping through the channels, asked him.

"Manager hyung still won't give me my phone back." Kyuhyun said as he threw himself on the bed. Their room has two beds.

"You should've just practiced with us the other day." Sungmin said, his eyes glued to the TV.

"But I wanted to talk to Shin Hye!" Kyuhyun exclaimed like a spoiled little boy.

"But she doesn't even want to talk to you." Sungmin told him. He turned the TV off and faced Kyuhyun. "Finally, we're alone. I need to tell you something."

The seriousness in Sungmin's voice and face made Kyuhyun sat up on the bed. "What is it, hyung?" He curiously asked.

"You remember when Donghae and Hyukjae said that Shin Hye said some crazy stuff when she was drunk?" Sungmin asked him and he nodded. "Well, when the two were busy dancing, Shin Hye told me some interesting stuff. I hesitated to believe her because she was so drunk but drunk people always tell the truth."

"And?" Kyuhyun asked, eager to know what Shin Hye said.

"She told me that earlier that day, she caught her boyfriend cheating on her." Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun's jaw dropped. He couldn't say anything. He propped back down on the bed and covered his face with a pillow and grunted.

Sungmin chuckled. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

Kyuhyun abruptly stood up from the bed and walked towards the door. "I'm going to eat." He announced.

"Okay!" Sungmin called out to him as he switched the TV back on.

 

It was very noisy at the dinner hall, which was located at the 2nd floor of the hotel, when Kyuhyun got out of the elevator. He walked towards the buffet table and was greeted by so many foods which in any normal day would make him drool and eat each and every dish, but since his mind is clouded, the foods seemed unappealing to him.

"I wish Changmin was here." Kyuhyun sighed. He was referring to his eating buddy, Changmin of TVXQ.

He poured himself an orange juice, grabbed a blueberry muffin and looked around. All of the tables are occupied and he has nowhere else to seat. He then saw his good friend, Jonghyun of Cnblue seated at a table where Hongki was talking animatedly. He walked towards them with his glass of orange juice and his blueberry muffin.

"Hi guys! Can I seat with you?" He cheerfully asked them.

"Of course you can!" Jonghyun pulled out the chair beside him.

"Thanks!" Kyuhyun smiled. He placed down his food at the table and sat down. "Annyeong, Hongki-ah!" He waved at Hongki.

"Hello, Kyuhyun-ssi." Hongki formally greeted him and gave him a tight smile. Kyuhyun smiled at him while giving him a confused look.

"Where are your other members?" Kyuhyun asked while looking around the table.

"They're already resting." Hongki coldly said while looking at him with eyes full of spite.

"Are you sick or something, Kyuhyun-ah?" Jonghyun asked him.

"Uhm, no. Do I look sick?" Kyuhyun asked him back.

"No. It's just very unusual of you to not eat everything on a buffet." Jonghyun said.

"Oh, maybe Kyuhyun-ssi is just full." Hongki said.

"Well, no, not really. I'm neither hungry nor full." Kyuhyun said, confused at why Hongki is talking to him formally.

"Don't tell me your nervous about the show?" Jonghyun incredulously asked.

"Or maybe," Hongki said while looking at Kyuhyun intently. "..he didn't want to eat here anymore because he probably grabbed a coffee or something with a different girl before coming here." Hongki said, emphasizing on the word 'different'.

Kyuhyun's jaw tensed. Hongki surely knows what's up. "Excuse me? What are you saying?" He asked Hongki through clenched teeth.

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about." Hongki said while narrowing his eyes at him.

"Omo, Kyuhyun-ah, you had coffee with one of the girl group members here?" Jonghyun whispered to Kyuhyun. "Yah! The girl groups that are going to perform with us are just rookies! Like, only debuting for less than half a year!" He continued to whisper.

"What? No!" Kyuhyun whispered back at him.

"Who says I was talking about a girl group member?" Hongki said while examining his perfectly manicured nails.

Kyuhyun scoffed at Hongki. "Wow! Nice nails, Hongki-ah." He said, his voice thick with sarcasm.

"Why thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi!" Hongki insincerely thanked him. "My very good friend, Park Shin Hye the actress, I'm pretty sure you guys know him, did it for me." He proudly said while smirking at Kyuhyun.

"Of course I know her. I'm friends with her, too!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"You know what guys, Park Shin Hye told me she hates guys who cheat on their girlfriends." Hongki said while looking at Kyuhyun.

"Shin Hye hates what?" Yonghwa, who appeared out of nowhere, suddenly asked as he sat down beside Hongki. "Kyuhyun sunbaenim! Annyeong hasseyo!" He greeted Kyuhyun.

"Hey." Kyuhyun greeted Yonghwa, giving him a tight smile.

"I said Shin Hye hates guys who cheat on their girlfriends." Hongki repeated for Yonghwa's sake.

"Oh." Yonghwa nodded. "Speaking of Shin Hye, I called her yesterday but she rejected my call."

"Ottoke, Yong. Shin Hye rejec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter