Chapter 44: Finally

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun bowed one last time to the huge crowd in front of him. Almost all of the audience were up in their seats and applauding the whole cast. He felt a sense of accomplishment as he smiled and waved at the crowd. When Kyuhyun first entered the musical theater field, people snickered and talked bad about him behind his back. They didn't believe that he could lead and be a good musical actor. And now that he is in his third musical already, he felt proud at himself for proving those people wrong. He blinked as flashes of cameras blinded him. He didn't want to leave the stage. He didn't want to stop performing. But he had to. He smiled one last time to the applauding crowd as someone dragged him off to the backstage. When he looked at who it was, he immediately bowed. It was one of his musical theater sunbaes.

"Omo, sunbaenim! I'm so sorry. I got carried away with the crowd!" Kyuhyun said while laughing at himself.

His sunbae laughed as well. "Oh, I understand! I just want to congratulate you. You did a wonderful job, as always." He said while tapping Kyuhyun's shoulder.

Kyuhyun felt a surge of happiness ran through his body when he heard that this very respectable sunbae just praised him. Not just any sunbae, but a sunbae that he looked up to. "Kamshamnida, sunbaenim. I promise I'll do my best on the next show!" He bowed down respectfully.

"Omo! You mean you weren't your best earlier? Well, if you continue to be that good, then the producers might just kick me out of this show and just give the lead all to you." He joked.

"A-ani, sunbaenim. I didn't mean it that way!"

Kyuhyun's sunbaenim laughed heartily. "Oh, relax! I was just messing with you! Just keep doing what you're doing. I'll see you on the next show." He winked at Kyuhyun and walked towards the other cast members.

"Deh! Kamsahamnida!" Kyuhyun bowed respectfully. At one corner of the room, he saw Seohyun, his leading lady in the musical, talking with Changmin. He approached them carefully with light steps.

"Hey, musical actor Cho Kyuhyun!" Changmin greeted him.

"Guys, did you see that? Sunbaenim just praised me. He said I was really good." He said in a dazed voice. 

"You deserved that, oppa, you were really good." Seohyun said as she raised her thumbs up to him.

Kyuhyun smiled at her. "Aww, thanks, Seohyunnie! You were really good, too!" He said as she lightly punched her in the arm.

"Komawoyo, oppa" Seohun blushed while bowing her head.

"He's right, Seohyun. You did a good job. Really good." Changmin said as he smiled her.

Kyuhyun had to bite his tongue to stop himself from laughing. The two people in front of him are being too obvious about their feelings for each other. At that moment, it was almost like Kyuhyun wasn't even there standing beside them. But he had to admit, he kind of felt jealous. When he found out that Shin Hye had been secretly watching his group's concerts, he had a feeling that she might actually go ninja again and show up to watch him tonight. But during the performance earlier, he made sure to scan the audience for her. Sadly, he didn't see her.

He sighed while shaking his head at the two. "Can't the two of you just date?"

Changmin and Seohyun looked at him. "What?" They asked. Based on their tone, they obviously didn't hear him.

"Nothing." Kyuhyun waved a hand at them.

"Oh, Changmin oppa and I are grabbing coffee on the coffee shop near our company. Do you want to come with us?" Seohyun asked nicely.

"And disrupt your date? No, thank you." Kyuhyun smirked and teased to which he earned a glare from Seohyun.

"Aish. Fine! Don't come! Your loss!" Changmin said as he stuck his tongue out to him. He turned to Seohyun and smiled sweetly. "Well, I guess we should get going now." He said in a gentle voice.

"Omo, deh! Just let me change into normal clothes first." Seohyun said as she looked down at herself. She and Kyuhyun were still both wearing their hanboks. She excused herself to go to her dressing room to change leaving Changmin with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun looked at himself and shrugged. "I guess I should better change as well." He mumbled as he headed to his dressing room. When he reached the dressing room, he was surprised to see that Changmin followed him. "Yah! I thought you're going to wait for Seohyun at the back?" He asked.

"Oh! I'll come and chat with you first." Changmin said as he sat down on the couch in the middle of the room.

"Arasso." Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. He immediately went to his bagpack and took his phone out just as a group of coordi noonas approached him and helped him out of the hanbok. Kyuhyun let the noonas do their work as he scanned his phone. He recieved so many congratulatory messages from his family and friends even though they didn't watch. There were so many messages but none from that one person he wanted to hear the most.

"She's probably busy." He mumbled to himself. He was already out of the hanbok. One of the coordi noonas gave him a white shirt and jeans for him to change. After just a few seconds, he was already dressed casually. He walked towards the couch and sat in front of Changmin. Around them, the noonas and hyungs were running around the room fixing his stuff.

"So, how's the thing going?" Changmin asked him.

Kyuhyun looked up from his phone to Changmin. "What thing?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"You and Shin Hye. Duh?" 

"Oh." Kyuhyun smiled. Although he is a bit sad that she wasn't able to come, just the mere mention of his name is making him smile and feel giddy. And if he had to admit, thinking about her is even better than being praised by a well-known sunbae who you really admire. "Everything is great. Wonderful. You know, we sort of had like a date a few days ago. It was really fun." He sighed contentedly.

Changmin smirked at him. "Geez, you sound like you just had a wonderful first date with her. You sound like a girl." He laughed.

"Sorry. I'm just really happy with how things are going." Kyuhyun smiled. He looked at his phone's wallpaper. It was a picture of Shin Hye that he took a few days ago. She had a towel wrapped around her head. She was smiling genuinely that even her eyes were smiling.

"Oh so, you guys are back together?" Changmin asked.

"No. Not yet." Kyuhyun told him happily.

"Not yet but you're so happy." Changmin smirked at him.

"Of course I'm happy. Just the fact that she talks to me and wants to hang out with me is enough." Kyuhyn sighed dreamily. "Also, she sort of told me that she still loves me. Not exactly but.." He sighed dreamily again.

Changmin raised an eyebrow at him. "Sort of told you?" He repeated.

Kyuhyun nodded his head. "Yup. She indirectly admitted to me. She told me that she wants to try us again too but she still needs to fix some stuff about herself. And I'm here to help her fix whatever those are." He smiled to himself.

"Aww! Well aren't you just the sweetest suitor!" Changmin teased while thowing a pillow at him.

Kyuhyun giggled and threw the pillow back at Changmin. "I know I am." He laughed then sighed. "It's just sad that she's not here. This night would've been perfect if she was here to watch me and say that I did a good job." He pouted.

"What? Shin Hye is not here" Changmin asked in a disbelieving tone.

Kyuhyun nodded sadly. "Yup. She had to go to school and enroll in the morning and a CF filming this afternoon."

Changmin nodded his head, his mouth slightly opened. "Ah.. Kurae.." He mumbled.

"Which reminds me, I should text her to check on her." Kyuhyun cheerfully said. He took out his phone and typed hastily.

Kyuhyun: Annyeong, Park Shin Hye! How was school? And the CF filming?

Not a minute has passed when his phone beeped.

Shin Hye: Annyeong, Cho Kyuhyun! School was tiring but fun. And the CF filming was tiring but fun, too! How was your first show?

Kyuhyun smiled while typing out a reply. He could almost hear Shin Hye's voice through just her text message alone. He could also imagine what adorable facial expressions she might make while saying that.

Kyuhyun: It was fun! But tiring as well. But everyone said I was really good!

Shin Hye: Of course you did a good job! You're Cho Kyuhyun! You're the best idol and musical actor! ;)

Kyuhyun giggled. "Aigoo. She's the cutest thing in the world!" He exclaimed giddily. He looked up at Changmin and saw a guilty look on his friend's face. Changmin was chewing on his lips and his brows were furrowed. It was like he wanted to say something but cannot. 

"What? Dude, just say it." Kyuhyun told Changmin.

"Huh? What? Say what? What do you mean?" Changmin asked innocently while avoiding Kyuhyun's eyes.

"You look like you want to say something to me." Kyuhyun said while narrowing his eyes at his friend who was fidgeting. "Whatever." Kyuhyun shrugged and went back to texting Shin Hye.

Kyuhyun: You think I did a good job even though you didn't see my performance?

Shin Hye's reply took longer this time. Kyuhyun anxiously waited. Shin Hye's opinion mattered a lot to him. In fact, Shin Hye's opinion is the only thing that matters to him as of now. While waiting for the reply, Kyuhyun looked up at Changmin and he still had that guilty look on his face.

"Ah! Whatever! Ah! Molla!" Changmin exclaimed while abruptly standing up on the couch. "Whatever! I'm going!" He said and walked towards the door.

"Arasso, weirdo! Have fun on your date!" Kyuhyun called out to him. He clucked his tongue and shook his head at his friend's weirdness. He looked around the dressing room. The noonas and hyungs are almost done packing his things. They might leave soon seeing as the things are slowly being brought to the van one by one. At that moment, his phone beeped. He excitedly read the reply.

Shin Hye: I don't need to watch you perform to know that you did a good job. I know that you always work hard in whatever you do. :)

Kyuhyun giggled like a little boy when he read the message. That, by far, was the best compliment he heard that night. He dialed Shin Hye's number and decided to call her. He can't help it anymore. He felt like his heart was going to burst if he didn't hear her voice. He bit his lip when he heard the other line ringing. After five or so rings, Shin Hye had finally answered.

"Yah! Why did you call?" Shin Hye was laughing.

"Sorry! Can't help it. I really want to hear your voice." Kyuhyun smiled. It was a bit noisy on Shin Hye's end. There were people talking above each other. "Wait, are you still filming?"

"Oh! No! My CF filming was over a few hours ago." Shin Hye said in an adorably awkward voice.

"If you're done filming, can we meet?" Kyuhyun asked in a hopeful voice. Although they were just together a few days ago, it felt to him like it has been years since he last saw Shin Hye. "Please? I miss you already." He added in a cute voice.

Shin Hye laughed. "What are you talking about, oppa? We were together a few days ago." She teased.

"That was a few days ago. A very long time ago. Do you know how agonizing it is for me to not see you everyday?" Kyuhyun said in his aegyo voice. His manager hyung, who just sat down in front of him, gave him a disgusted look and stood up from the couch immediately to go do other stuff.

"How sickeningly sweet." Manager hyung was mumbling as he walked off.

Kyuhyun only smiled and shook his head. "So?" He said on the phone.

"So.. I think you kind of have a point. I do miss you, too." Shin Hye giggled. "But, where will we go this late at night?"

"Is that a yes? Are you agreeing to go out with me tonight?" Kyuhyun asked excitedly as he moved to the edge of the seat.

"Hmm.. Maybe?" Shin Hye teased. "Okay. Fine. Yes!" She finally agreed.

Kyuhyun did a fist bump to the air. "Yes! Don't worry. We're going to a private party."

"A private party?" Shin Hye asked in an amused voice.

"Yep! Where are you? Are you at your apartment? I'm picking you up!" Kyuhyun said as he stood up from the couch. In a swift movement, he managed to put on a jacket and wear his socks and sneakers.

"You don't need to pick me up, oppa!" Shin Hye exclaimed through the phone.

"Huh? Why?" Kyuhyun asked but there was nothing that he could hear. The other line was dead. "She hung up on me?" He asked himself.

Kyuhyun tried and tried calling her but she wasn't picking up. He sat back down on the couch. He was confused. They were talking just fine. Was it something that he said? Did he say something bad for her to hang up on him? Or maybe she was hanging out with a guy friend and she didn't want to be disturbed. Kyuhyun growled at that last thought. He shook his head vigorously to clear his thoughts. Maybe there's a sesnsible reason why she hung up. He decided to try and call her again. Nothing. She was rejecting the call.

"Aish!" Kyuhyun sighed while stomping his feet.

"Wae? You were just talking sweetly and now you're pissed. What happened?" His manager hyung asked him. He was looking at Kyuhyun in an amused way.

"Nothing, hyung. Just go do your thing." Kyuhyun mumbled. He and his manager hyung were now the only ones in the dressing room.

He tried calling Shin Hye again but she still wasn't answering. They haven't even finished deciding how they will meet. And how would they still go out if she's not answering her phone? Someone was knocking on the door. Kyuhyun didn't even move. He just let his manager hyung handle it.

"Oh! Annyeong! Come in." Kyuhyun heard his manager say as he heard footsteps of someone coming in and the door closing.

"Annyeong Hasseyo."

Kyuhyun snapped his head up as he heard that very familiar and cute voice.

"Thank goodness you're here. Our Kyuhyunnie might cry if you didn't show up." Manager hyung said with a hint of relief in his voice. "Well, I'll just be outside. Let me know whatever you two decide to do." He laughed awkwardly before going out of the room.

Kyuhyun stood up as he stared at the person right in front of him. He can't believe what he is seeing right now. His jaw dropped. She's here. She actually came. She was wearing a dark blue shirt with long sleeves and denim shorts that were too short for winter. Very y. Her hair was down and in curls and she still had makeup on. She probably rushed here from her CF filming. 

"Surprise!" Shin Hye giddily exclaimed while waving her hands in the air.

"You came." Kyuhyun said softly. 

Shin Hye nodded her head excitedly. "Yeah. I figured I should surprise you! Are you surprised?" She giggled.

Kyuhyun marched towards Shin Hye and pulled her in a hug. He sighed happily as he burried his face in her silky hair and inhaled its flowery scent. He felt like his heart was going to jump out of his chest. She asked if he was surprised. He was. And he wasn't just surprised. He was feeling all sorts of happy. And only Shin Hye could make him feel this way. "Thanks for coming." He said in a sweet voice.

Shin Hye wrapped her arms around his waist. "You're welcome. I'm glad I came."

They stayed in an embrace for a long time that they didn't even know how long it lasted. When they finally pulled apart from each other, Shin Hye was smiling at Kyuhyun. Her smile was so infectious that Kyuhyun can't help but smile back at her while caressing her cheeks. But he notice that there was something in her smile. Her eyes were twinkling and it seemed like something was hidden behind her smile. Like there was a secret that only she knew about. Kyuhyun smirked and crossed his arms.

"Hmm.. Is there something that you want to say to me?" He smirked at her.

Shin Hye pursed her lips together and shrugged her shoulders innocently. "How did you know that?" She asked.

"You're kind of giving me this mischievous look. It's like you have a secret. What is it?" Kyuhyun asked in a low voice as he moved his face closer to hers meeting her at eye level.

Shin Hye smiled in a teasing way as she shyly bit her lips. "Maybe I do have a secret."

"Do you want to share with me what that secret is?" Kyuhyun asked her.

"I do but.." Shin Hye said while looking around the room. She looked him in the eye. She blinked several times before talking again. "Uhm.. Hey! You were really good earlier!" She said while tapping his arms.

Kyuhyun stood up straight and eyed her carefully. Somehow, she looked nervous all of a sudden. At least to him she was. "That's it? That was your secret?" He asked feigning disappointment.

Shin Hye grinned and laughed awkwardly. She sure is suddenly acting weird. "Yeah."

Kyuhyun smiled and played with Shin Hye's hair. Whatever it is that she really wanted to say, he would get it out of her later. Right now, they have a party to attend to. "Arasso. Let's go?"

"Huh? Where?" A wide eyed Shin Hye asked.

Kyuhyun clucked his tongue at Shin Hye. "Aigoo, Park Shin Hye-ssi. We were just talking about it on the phone."

"Oh! Right! That!" Shin Hye clapped her hands as she remembered. "By party, do you mean like a party with lots of people and wherein we might probably not have a chance to talk privately like, just the two of us?" Shin Hye asked. She sounded worried and panicky like the night wasn't turning out the way she had planned it.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders while putting his bagpack on. "Something like that." He grinned. But his smile faded when he saw a look of apprehenison in Shin Hye's eyes. "Why? Is something wrong?"

Shin Hye shook her head that her styled hair flew in different directions. "No! Nothing!" She said in a high pitched voice and smiled.

"Everyone is acting weird tonight. Even Changmin." Kyuhyun mumbled. "Here. Wear this. You go first to your car, okay? I'll come after 5 minutes or so. And I'll drive us to the party." He said while placing his hat on Shin Hye's head. He fixed her hair and rested his hands on her shoulder.

Shin Hye nodded her head obediently. "But where exactly are we going?"

Kyuhyun turned her around to face the door. "It's a surprise! Just go to your car and wait for me. I'll fix things here first with manager hyung and we can go." He gently pushed her towards the door just as the manager was opening it.

Manager hyung looked at Shin Hye and Kyuhyun. "What now?" He asked.

Kyuhyun pushed Shin Hye out of the door. "We're going to the party. I'll ride with her. Don't worry about me, hyung." He winked at his manager. He looked at Shin who was unsurely standing there. "Go! I'll meet you at your car!" Kyuhyun laughed. Shin Hye nodded her head and ran off. He sighed contentedly while staring at Shin Hye's form which was slowly disappearing into the hallway. "Isn't she just the cutest?" He said giddily.

Manager hyung just looked at him with a pokerface expression. "Be careful not to get caught. And tell the others not to drink too much because some of them have schedules early tomorrow and I am going to pick them up on time. Arasso?"

"Deh, hyungnim!" Kyuhyun bowed his head politely.

"We're leaving. Make sure you and your girlfriend don't get caught." He said again as he started walking away. The first time, he really meant to warn Kyuhyun about getting caught. But this time, he was just teasing.

"We'll be careful! And she's not my girlfriend! At least not yet!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. His manager just laughed at him before completely leaving him.

Kyuhyun was left alone in the dresing room. He still need to wait before following Shin Hye to the parking lot. The other musical cast planned to have a first opening show after party at some restaurant. Early on he already told them that he won't be able to come. After exactly ten minutes, Kyuhyun prepared to leave. He left the dressing room with a smile on his face. This night sure was going to be interesting.

 

~0~

 

"Let's go."

Kyuhyun watched as relief washed over Shin Hye's face. Throughout the whole ride, Shin Hye was nervous about this party that they were going to. He really did not give any clue about where they were going. But then again, she looked nervous ever since she showed up in front of him earlier that night. He asked if she was worried because people might see them and she insisted that it wasn't the case. That she was just really worried because she didn't know where he was taking her. If that was it, did Shin Hye think he would bring her to some weird place? Kyuhyun laughed to himself at that thought. While they were inside the elevator on their way up, Kyuhyun finally explained to her what was happening.

"What?" Shin Hye asked him.

"Nothing. It's because you looked really nervous and it was such an adorable sight." Kyuhyun while pinching her cheeks.

"Oh, stop. Let's just go inside." Shin Hye playfully hit him in the arm while glaring.

Kyuhyun obeyed. As he opened the door, loud music and playful shrieks and laughter from a group of guys filled the air. He and Shin Hye quietly went inside. "Wait here, okay?" He whispered to Shin Hye despite the loud music. She nodded her head.

He left her by the door and went inside the living room. It was too loud it was like they were having one of their concerts inside of the dorm. It's a good thing that their whole building was soundproof. If not, their neighbors might have complained to the building's supervisor and they probably might have been evicted from the building. When they saw Kyuhyun, all the talk and laughters and shrieking halted, but the music still continued on.

"Kyuhyun's here!" Eunhyuk shouted. 

"Our beloved maknae is here!" Donghae, who always seemed like he was copying Eunhyuk, shouted as well.

Not all hyungs were present. Some of them weren't there because of their individual schedules and for other personal reasons. The only people present were Eunhyuk, Donghae, Heechul and Kangin. Wow. Only four people and yet it felt like there were about a hundred people in the room because of the noise that those four men had created. They ran towards Kyuhyun and locked him in a tight group hug.

"Guys! Please!" Kyuhyun muttered just before he thought he was going to pass out due to that hug that almost cut his blood circulation.

"How's the musical?" Donghae asked excitedly.

"Did you get a standing ovation?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Did your voice ? I'm sure it did." Heechul said in that sassy manner that only he could pull off.

"Ani, I'm sure our Kyuhyunnie did well. Right?" Kangin said as he playfully ruffled Kyuhyun's hair.

"That's not important now. I want you guys to listen to me." Kyuhyun said in a serious voice while looking at each one's pair of eyes. The hyungs' expressions turned serious as they waited for what Kyuhyun had to say. "I want you to act like normal people because I brought someone and I don't want her to think that my hyungs are crazy ahjussis. Arasso?"

Donghae gasped. "A girl?!"

"You have a new girlfriend?!" Eunhyuk half-asked half-screamed."

Kyuhyun had to laugh at those two guy's expressions "Of course I don't!" He walked back to the door to fetch Shin Hye. Her eyes were twinkling which meant that she was probably laughing. She surely heard all that transpired in the living room. He pulled her into the living room and waited for all of their reactions. 

"Annyeong Hasseyo, oppas!" Shin Hye greeted and waved excitedly.

Both Shin Hye and Kyuhyun smiled at the older guys in front of them. But Heechul, Kangin, Eunhyuk and Donghae weren't returning their smiles. Instead, they were looking confusedly at the two of them. It was like they were not sure if they should be happy or if they should only be mellow since the last time that they were all together like this, the atmosphere was pretty tense. 

"Waeyo?" Shin Hye frowned. "Are you guys not happy to see me?" She asked.

"Yah! Is that how you welcome a visitor? Aish!" Kyuhyun scolded his hyungs.

Shin Hye looked at Kyuhyun and smiled. "Should I just leave?" She asked but she was only joking. She was testing what the oppas reactions would be. 

Kyuhyun sighed. "Yeah, I think so. Why don't we have a party of our own. Just the two of us." He wriggled his brows.

"Sounds good to me." Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders as she took Kyuhyun's waiting hand. 

The two pretended to leave and walked towards the door when they hit their goal. They knew, even without actually communicating, that the guys were just weighing in on the situation. They needed to know that Shin Hye and Kyuhyun are totally okay before reacting wildly.

"Yah! Wait!" Eunhyuk shouted.

Kyuhyun and Shin Hye immediately turned around. "Yes?" They both asked while trying to look innocent.

"Are you two okay?" Donghae asked. Kyuhyun and Shin Hye nodded their heads.

"Before this night ends, not one of you walks out because one says something that the other one does not like or because you just can't stand each other because the two of you brokeup?" Kangin asked.

"I don't think that's going to happen anymore." Both K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter