Chapter 17: Meet the Parents Part 2

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun parked his car a few meters away from Shin Hye's house. He's been sitting in his car for a few minutes now and he was not moving. He checked the time. Plenty of time yet. I can just relax here until Shin Hye texts me. Kyuhyun assured himself. He was so nervous. On the way to Shin Hye's place, he thought that he should buy a flower for her mom, so he bought a boquet of flowers. He was holding the boquet tightly in his hands.

"Ottoeke? I've never been this nervous before. Park Shin Hye-ssi." Kyuhyun was talking to himself and he tried to smell his own breath. "Hmm? Not that bad. I think I should chew some gum first. I know I have some here somewhere." Kyuhyun opened his dashboard compartment and saw his gum.

"Oh there it is!" Kyuhyun picked up a gum from his compartment when a small box suddenly fell from it. "Huh? What's this?" Kyuhyun picked up the small box and opened it.

"Oh My God. It's the couple ring! Yeah! I was planning on giving it to her that's why I borrowed her ipad so that I'll have an excuse to bring it to her and give her the ring! Oh no. How am I supposed to give it to her in front of her parents?" Kyuhyun's voice was pretty loud and can be heard outside fromm his car. An old couple passed by his car and was giving him a weird look. He could only smile and bow down to them.

When the old couple was gone, he talked to himself again. "Ottoeke ottoeke ottoeke? I'm so nervous I'm so nervous I'm so nervous. Waaaaah! This is even more nerve wracking than all the Super Shows that I've done!" Kyuhyun's phone lit up and a text came. He read it and froze for a few minutes. "It's time." Kyuhyun put the small box in his pocket, grabbed the boquet of flowers and uneasily stepped out of his car.

 

"Who was that mom?" Shin Hye asked her mom who just hung up the phone.

"It's Geun Suk. Said he suddenly has something urgent to attend to." Her mom sadly answered.

"Oh that's too bad. Really bad. You cooked for a lot of people. " Shin Hye said. Deep inside she's really happy that he won't be able to come.

"Oh it's okay. You said you invited another friend of yours to come over. I just wish that she has a big appetite." Her mom said.

"Eomma, about that. Actually, the friend that I invited is a boy." Shin Hye bravely said. Everyone stayed quiet.

"Is that boy your boyfriend?" Shin Hye's oppa broke the silence.

Shin Hye only smiled to her parents, who were looking at her in a way that she can't determine. "But don't worry Eomma. He sure has a big appetite." Shin Hye nevously laughed.

"Where is he now then?" Her appa kindly asked. Shin Hye texted him already a few minutes back. As soon as Geun Suk's call with her eomma ended.

"Oh he's--" The doorbell rang just in time. "already here! I'll just get the door." Shin Hye ran towards their gate. As soon as she opened the door, she saw a depressed looking Kyuhyun

"Kyuhyun-ah? Are you ok?" Shin Hye asked.

"No I'm not. Here's your ipad." Kyuhyun gave her the ipad. "I don't think they'll like me."

"They haven't even met you. And I don't think they're aware that Super Junior exists. No offense meant." Shin Hye said.

"None taken. Hmm. I think as long as you're there with me, I can handle it." Kyuhyun sweetly smiled at Shin Hye."Them not liking me."

"Why are you so confident that they won't like you?" Shin Hye asked him.

"Well, isn't that what parents are good at. Not liking the person who is in a relationship with their one and only daughter. My dad is like that to Ahra noona's boyfriends." Kyuhyun knowingly said.

"Let's just go." Shin Hye grabbed Kyuhyun's hand and led him inside, when they reached the door, Shin hye stopped. "Wait here okay?" Not waiting for Kyuhyun's reply, Shin Hye went inside the house to find her family talking.

"....who could it be this time? Is it an actor? Or probably another idol." Her mom was saying when she got inside.

"Ehem ehem." Shin Hye cleared . "Eomma, I heard that. So, he's here. Pease be nice to him. Eomma? Please?"

"Maybe it's a non-showbiz guy." Her mom continued on.

"Eomma! I'll go get him now." Shin Hye went back to the door and grabbed Kyuhyun's hand again.

"It's time?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Yes it is. Come on." Shin Hye led him inside the house. 

As soon as they were inside the house, Kyuhyun have his bestest smile planted on his lips. "So, here he is. He's Kyuhyun." Shin Hye awkwardly introduced Kyuhyun to her family.

"Annyeong Hashimnikka. I'm Super Junior's maknae, Kyuhyun-imnida." Kyuhyun bowed down. He got up again when he realized his mistake. "Ah, animida. Annyeong Hashimnikka, Cho Kyuhyun-imnida." He bowed down again. When he got back up, Shin Hye's parents especially her mom, was looking at him in an undetermined way.

"You look familiar." Shin Hye's mom said. She went to the dining room immediately. Shin Hye's dad remained standing there. After a few seconds, he smiled invitingly to Kyuhyun. Shin Hye's oppa, who knows what's going on already, smirked at him. Shin Hye and Kyuhyun were both left in the living room.

"It's obvious. They don't like me." Kyuhyun whispered to Shin hye.

"Oh flowers are those for me?" Shin Hye whispered back not wanting to state the obvious that it really seems like her parents doesn't like her boyfriend.

"Oh these? It's for your mom actually. Should I just go home?" Kyuhyun was still whispering.

"No! Come on. Let's put these on a vase or something." Shin Hye gestured Kyuhyun to follow her. When the flowers were put on a vase, they went to the dining room and Shin Hye put the vase in the middle of the table.

"Eomma look! Kyuhyun bought flowers for you! Aren't they pretty?" Shin Hye asked her mom.

"Yeah they're pretty." Shin Hye's mom coldly answer.

"That's really nice of you Kyuhyun. Thanks for buying flowers for my wife." Shin Hye's dad kin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter