Chapter 19: I missed you

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye is inside a conference room in MBC, one of the major broadcasting networks in Korea. She is a bit familiar with her sorroundings since she did a couple of dramas and variety shows in this network on the early years of her career. She's there right now for a signing of contract for a new MBC drama that she just accepted. Shin Hye still don't know who her leading man is and he is a bit late already.

"Hey, you!" Shin Hye turned her head to where the voice was coming from and was surprised to see who it was.

"You! You? Again?" Shin Hye asked the guy who sat beside her.

"Yeah. Don't you like it? There's still time to backout. We still haven't signed the contracts yet." The guy said with mock hurt in his voice.

"Hahaha. I was just kidding, Yonghwa." Shin Hye laughed accompanied with a hit on Yonghwa's arm. "I am actually so happy that I get to do a drama with you again."

"Yeah, me too. It's been what? Two years since Minamishineyo right?" Yonghwa looked at Shin Hye and smiled. "I kinda missed you actually."

"Oh. Hehehehe." Shin Hye awkwardly laughed. "Oh, by the way, congrats on your marriage. Yay!" She awkwardly added.

"What? Oh, that. It's almost over, thank god." Yonghwa said with a sigh of relief.

"Hey! Why would you say that? Seouhyun-ssi seems like she's a very nice girl. Prim and proper. You guys look cute together." Shin Hye smiled and put up a thumbs-up sign. "Oh and, you guys have so many fans!"

"Hah!" Yonghwa scoffed. "Exactly! She's too nice. Not my type of girl. We don't actually talk much once the cameras are turned off. Anyway, how about you and Geun Suk hyung?"

"Ha! Me and Geun Suk oppa?!" It's now Shin Hye's turn to scoff. "There's nothing going on about me and him. You're such a funny guy, Yonghwa! Hahaha." Shin Hye awkwardly laughed again.

Yonghwa seemed to brighten up upon hearing that news. "Right. Well, nothing's going on between me and Seohyun as well. Offcam or oncam. And she seems to have taken a special interest on Kyuhyun-ssi after they did that duet and held hands and such on their company's concert. Oh by the way, Shin Hye, Thank you for--"

"They what? They did what? When? She likes him?" Shin Hye asked Yonghwa with her big, round eyes which caused him to be a bit taken a back.

"We can hear you guys laughing from the other room. Wow! Even if the two of you are just sitting there beside each other, you emit so much chemistry." The PD of their new drama told them.

"Annyeong hasseyo PD-nim." Shin Hye and Yonghwa bowed and greeted at the same time.

"Oh! Even your actions are in sync. So, shall we sign the contract?"

 

 

After hours of talking about their drama, the meeting finally ended. Shin Hye gathered all her stuffs and hurriedly put everything in her backpack and went outside the conference room to find for her manager oppa.

"Jun oppa! Oddisseo?" Shin Hye called her manager on the phone.

"What? The meeting's already finished? That was fast. I'm still here in the company office picking up some of your drama materials. Did the meeting went well?"

"Oppa! Chincha! You know I have a lot to do and I need to get home as soon as possible. Oppa!" Shin Hye almost cried. "I'll just take the train. Oppa bye."

"Yow. Shin Hye-ah! We can drop you off if you want?" Yong Hwa suddenly appeared from nowhere.

"Really? You'd do that?" Shin Hye desperately asked.

"Of course I will! Anything for you! Now come on. You seem like you're in a hurry." Yonghwa led her to where their van is parked.

Once they were inside the van, it became very silent. No one talked except for the GPS voice over. Yonghwa can't seem to stand the silence so he started to asked Shin Hye some questions.

"Uhm, who are you texting? Are you reporting already to Geun Suk hyung that I am your leading man for your new drama?" Yonghwa joked to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Jun oppa. To say that you and your manager are so nice to drive me home but not so nice since you're teasing me again. Really, Yong. Geun Suk oppa and I were never an item." Shin Hye smiled.

"Really? So do you wanna have coffee some other time? Not when you're in a hurry?" Yonghwa asked.

"Eiii." Shin Hye hit his arm. "You're the one who's always too busy here, Yong. You're the one who always can't show up whenever me, Hong Ki-ah and Geun Suk oppa get together."

"Yeah, you're right." Yonghwa sighed. "So, Shin Hye-ah, why are you in a hurry?"

"Oh well, I need to finish some school stuff before the drama filming starts. You know, finals is almost approaching." Shin Hye answered. "How about you? Any plans to enroll for the next semester?"

"I don't think so. Me and the group are too busy." Yonghwa said. 

"Exactly why we can't have coffee. You're too busy." Shin Hye knowingly said.

"Yeah. But is that the only reason why you don't wanna have coffee with me?" Yonghwa suddenly turned serious. "It's alright. We'll be spending the next three months together anyway."

Shin Hye don't know what to answer. She remained quiet for the rest of the trip to their house. When they were just a block away, Shin Hye decided to be dropped off.

"But it's still a block away from you're house." Yonghwa said.

"Gwaencahana. My neighbors might see that you dropped me off and might get the wrong impression." Shin Hye smiled.

"Okay. If you insist." Yonghwa smiled back.

"Komawo, Yong and manager oppa." Shin Hye smiled to CNBlue's manager in the front seat. "Yong, annyeong!"

While walking to her house, Shin Hye thought of her next drama with Yonghwa.

"A Gayageum. I need to learn how to play a Gayageum." Shin Hye sighed. Suddenly, she remembered something that Yonghwa said.

"Talking while you're walking alone? Tsk tsk. That's very dangerous, Shin Hye-ssi. And scary. People might think that you're crazy." A familiar voice suddenly spoke from behind her. Despite being surprised, Shin Hye could only look at him. 

"Uhm, why are you staring like that? Surprise! I'm here!" Kyuhyun exclaimed.

"Kyuhyun-ah." Shin Hye said in her cute voice.

"Oh wae? Is something wrong?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly.

Shin Hye shook her head. "Nothing. I just missed you." Shin Hye wrapped her arms around him.

"Hihihihi. Really?" Kyuhyun giddily asked to which Shin Hye just nodded with her arms still wrapped around Kyuhyun. "Me too. I missed you. So so much!" Kyuhyun hugged Shin Hye tightly.

"What are you doing outside our house anyway?" Shin Hye asked Kyuhyun as they released each other from the hug.

They started walking to Shin hye's house. "Oh I doorbell-ed your house a while ago and your eomma answered it. And she told me you're out to a new drama meeting." Kyuhyun said.

"Ah. But why wait outside? You should have come inside our house. You poor thing." Shin Hye pouted.

"Nah, it's okay. Besides, your mom and I are a little b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter