Chapter 25: Silent Treatment

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shin Hye-ah, komawo for treating me again. You're such a great friend!" Hongki said while chewing. Some bits and pieces of the Blueberry Cheesecake that he was eating flew out of his mouth while he was talking.

"Ugh, you know me. I love treating my chingus! Especially you since you love eating!" Shin Hye gave an awkward laugh as she wiped the food that flew out of Hongki's mouth that landed on the table with a paper napkin. "Jeez, Hongki-ah. Swallow your food first before talking." They are at a secluded coffee shop that is owned by a celebrity and it's customers are mostly celebrities only.

"Oops. Sorry about that!" Hongki grabbed a paper napkin from the napkin holder and wiped the spot where the food from his mouth landed. "This cheesecake is heavenly! Hey, is this the coffee shop of your partner?"

"Huh? What partner?" Shin Hye cluelessly asked.

"You know, the one where you guys composed a song." Hongki took a sip of his iced chocolate.

Shin Hye looked around the coffee shop. They were sorrounded by celebrities. Some are probably on a date. They were seated at a back booth so they have a perfect view of the coffee shop. "Ah! Matda! Yeah, this is it." Shin Hye grinned.

"Aish! Baboyah!" Hongki reached for Shin Hye's forehead and flicked it.

"Ouch! That hurt!" Shin Hye massaged her forehead. "Is that how you treat a friend who just treated you to a very delicious cheesecake? Aish!"

"Whatever!" Hongki waved his hand. "Anyway, why have you been texting me a lot?"

"I just, uhm, wanted to consult something with you." Shin Hye quietly told him.

Upon hearing that, Hongki dropped his fork on the plate which caused it to clatter quite loudly. A girl group seated at a table not so far from them snapped their heads to Shin Hye and Hongki's table. "Uhm, sorry for that." Hongki smiled and bowed to them. He snapped his head back at Shin Hye. "Oh no. Not again. Not another relationship problem. You have girl friends for that!" He tiredly said.

"Actually, none of my girl friends know that I'm dating." Shin Hye confessed.

"This is why you're always treating me and buying me food!" Hongki exclaimed. "This is bribery." He added in a menacing manner.

"I'm sorry. You're the only person that I could talk to about this stuff." Shin Hye said in a pleading tone.

Hongki crossed his arms above his chest and sighed loudly. "Aish! Fine! Spill! But please leave out the cheesy details."

"Okay. Here it goes. So, uhm, he took me to this place where he used to hangout while recovering from his accident." Shin Hye paused. Hongki nodded to let her know that he knows about the accident. "And I asked him if he goes there alone and that's when he started acting weird."

"Hmmm. Go on." Hongki said.

"So yeah, after saying some weird stuff he grabbed my hand and led me outside." Shin Hye said as she recalled what happened. "On our way out, we bumped into a girl who was all, 'It's you, Kyuhyun oppa!'." Shin Hye imitated the girl's voice in a whiney, girly way. "And as soon as he took a good look at the girl, he immediately let go of my hand! Could you believe that?" Shin Hye scoffed.

"Ooh. Interesting!" Hongki said with a glint in his eyes. "Go on."

"The worst part was, he can't even talk properly to the girl." Shin Hye vigorously sipped her iced amercano.

"And that's a bad thing because?" Hongki obviously asked her.

"No, you don't understand! He wasn't able to talk properly to the girl because he was all tongue-tied! Like he was a school boy who was approached by his ultimate celebrity crush!" Shin Hye exclaimed.

"Oh. Well maybe--"

"And on the whole drive from that playground to their coffee shop, he was in a daze. He did not said a single word. He just climbed out of my car without waving goodbye or anything!" Shin Hye interrupted what Hongki was about to say. She took a sip of her iced americano and slammed it at the table afterwards. "And ever since that night, he hasn't called or texted me."

"Weren't their group touring for a concert abroad? He must have been busy." Hongki suggested.

"But he never failed to text or call me even if he's busy or not! He does it every morning, noon, afternoon, dinnertime--"

"Cheesy details." Hongki interrupted Shin Hye. "I thought we agreed that you are going to spare me the cheesy details of your relationship." Hongki matter-of-factly said.

"Oh, sorry." Shin Hye gloomly said.

The two remained quiet for a couple of minutes. Shin Hye was staring at nothing while Hongki was staring at his friend's noticeably sad visage. "Well, he's probably just busy." Hongki broke the silence.

"I don't know." Shin Hye gloomly replied.

Hongki cracked his brains for other reasons. "Ah! Right! Remember that time that you did not texted or called him? Maybe he's taking his revenge!"

Shin Hye sighed loudly and shook her head. "We're done with that issue."

"Oh." Hongki silently replied. "Maybe, their managers took their phones so that they would only concentrate on their concerts! Yeah, that must be it!" Hongki wriggled his eyebrows at her.

"I don't know." Shin Hye sighed again. Her eyes fixed on the two people who just entered the coffee shop.

"Maybe he lost his phone!" Hongki suggested.

Shin Hye shook her head absent-mindedly, her gaze still fixed at the couple who just entered. The girl was wearing casual clothes that is just perfect for the warm weather while the guy was wearing clothes that should only be worn at the dead of the winter. The guy was somewhat disguising himself. Despite all the disguise, Shin Hye knows exactly who the tall guy was just by the way he walked in.

"Or maybe--"

"Oh my gosh." Shin Hye interrupted Hongki yet again. "I think I already know why." Shin Hye said, her eyes still fixed on the two people.

"What? Why?" Hongki turned to look at where Shin Hye was staring just as the guy took off his disguise outfit. Sure enough, it was Kyuhyun.

"I think he might be cheating on me." Shin Hye said as Kyuhyun and the girl went to the other side of the coffee shop.

"Now's the time to text him!" Hongki exclaimed.

"What am I going to say to him?" Shin Hye blankly asked.

"Ask him where he is right now!" Hongki said. "Ppali!"

Shin Hye nodded and took out her phone from her bag and composed a text to Kyuhyun.

Shin Hye: Hey. Where are you right now?

It took exactly ten minutes, which is awfully long for Kyuhyun, before her phone beeped. Shin Hye quietly read the text message.

"So, what did he say?" Hongki eagerly asked.

Shin Hye stood up from her seat. "Let's go home." Shin Hye said in a tone that Hongki would never ever thought he'd hear from his always happy and giddy friend.  

 

 

It was eerily quiet inside Shin Hye's car, with Hongki on the steering wheel and Shin hye on the passenger seat beside him. Shin Hye still haven't told Hongki what Kyuhyun's reply was and Hongki was itching to know but he didn't bug her for information. He didn't want to appear insensitive while his friend is going through something. "Uhm, you know," Hongki spoke up. "It could just be nothing. They weren't even holding hands or smiling to each other." He carefully said.

Insteading of responding to Hongki, Shin Hye heaved a heavy sigh and did not look at Hongki. Her eyes remained at the view outside the passenger seat's window.

"Dude, you're extremely scary when you're this extremely quiet. Say something? Please? Anything." Hongki pleaded her. They just pulled up at the parking lot of Hongki's building where Shin hye was supposed to drive him off but due to what they just witnessed at the coffee shop, Hongki insisted that he'll drive.

This time, Shin Hye turned to look at him, her eyes b with tears. "Ottoke?" Shin Hye blurted out, tears finally escpaed from her eyes.

"Shin hye-ah, uljima!" Hongki sadly said to her. "Look, I'll drive you home okay?"

"How are you going to get home? Babo-yah!" Shin Hye asked in between tears.

"Why? Can you even see the road with all those tears in your eyes? I'll take a cab home after getting you safely back." Hongki exclaimed. "Aish! This girl!" Hongki muttered under his breath. Shin Hye is a very dear friend to him and it hurts to see her cry.

"Komawo." Shin Hye said, her voice shaking because of her crying.

They are now back at the road, on their way to Shin hye's home. Shin Hye is still crying like a baby while Hongki is driving a bit fast. He was gripping the steering wheel pretty tight causing his knuckles to turn white. "Stop crying, Shin hye-ah!" Hongki told her. "Do you want me to beat him up for you? We'll be going out of the country the day after tomorrow for a concert. Super Junior will also perform."

Shin Hye shook her head while still crying. Her face is as red as a tomato already and she is starting to get hiccups. They stopped at a traffic light and Shin Hye shoved her phone to Hongki. "What? You want me to see what his reply was?" Hongki asked her. Shin Hye nodded. Hongki silently read the text message. Just to be sure if he read it correctly, he read it again one more time.

Kyuhyun: I'm at the dorm, playing Starcraft.

Hongki noticed that Shin Hye has already stopped crying. He lifted his head and saw Shin Hye looking at him, probably waiting for his reaction. "That jashik!" Hongki shouted just as the stoplight turned green. "How could he cheat on you? I swear I'm going to beat him up! I'll shove his mic on his throat!" Hongki angrily said.

"Please don't." Shin Hye quietly said.

"Wae? You don't want your cheating boyfriend to get hurt?" Hongki angrily asked her.

At that, Shin Hye started to bawl again. "Ani! I don't want you to get in trouble!" Shin Hye cried.

Hongki softened up a little. "What are you going to do?" He softly asked Shin Hye.

"I don't know." Shin Hye answered while still crying. "What should I do?"

"Mianhae, Shin Hye-ah." Hongki apologized. "I want to help you but I don't know why. I don't know anything about relationships."

"It's okay." Shin Hye sniffed and sobbed. The crying subsided a little. "I'm just glad that you're here."

"Do you want me to take you somehwere?" Hongki affectionately asked. "Do you want to go bowling? I'll invite some friends! It would sure take your mind off of some things."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter