Chapter 42: Kyuhyun's First Move

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun checked his face in the mirror. He didn't look bad. In fact, he thought he looked really good. He looked the best he had ever been for his whole 25 years of existence. He sprayed some perfume on himself but not too much. He checked his outfit in the mirror. Not too formal but not too casual. He looked decent enough for a girl to take home to her parents. He winked at himself in the mirror.

"Fighting for today, Cho Kyuhyun!" He cheered for himself.

With one last look in the mirror to admire himself, Kyuhyun went out of his room and went straight to the kitchen. He was humming happily. His other hyungs were already in the kitchen having their breakfast.

"Kyuhyun-ah, please stop.humming so loudly." Ryeowook groaned as he massaged his temples.

"Ooh! Looks like someone is sporting a hangover!" Kyuhyun chirped happily. He poured himself an orange juice and sat beside Siwon.

"After the live broadcast of Sukira last night, the script writer noonas and hyungs decided to have a drink." Ryeowook said as he took a sip of steaming hot coffee.

Kyuhyun nodded his head. He turned to Siwon who was drinking black coffee while reading a newspaper. "Oh! Siwon hyung! You look extra handsome today!" He said. He scooted his chair closer to Siwon and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Siwon giggled like a little girl. Out of all the Super Junior members, he was the one who favored skinship the most. "Komawo, Kyuhyun-ah!" He giggled again.

"You're annoyingly happy these past few days, Kyuhyun-ah." Heechul said while narrowing his eyes at his dongsaeng. "To be specific, you have been annoyingly happy for two days."

Ryeowook stood up from his chair. "Everyone's shouting in this room. I'm leaving. Please don't disturb me." He groaned as he padded his way to his room.

Siwon's eyes grew wide. "Right! Heechul hyung is right!" He exclaimed. He put his newspaper down for a while and looked at Kyuhyun. "Did something good happen to you?" He asked.

"I am?" Kyuhyun smiled. "Hmm.. Maybe I am happy." He started humming happily again.

"Hah!" Heechul scoffed. "Did you get yourself a new girlfriend?" He asked.

Siwon gasped exaggeratedly. "No way! Did you replace Shin Hye? She's not the love of your life anymore?" He asked in a worried tone.

Kyuhyun looked at his hyungs' faces and laughed. He laughed hard and happily. He laughed until Heechul slammed his hand on the table.

"Yah!" Heechul shouted at him.

"Could you please just answer our questions!" Siwon shouted as well.

"Wow! It's like my personal life is the only entertainment of your lives." Kyuhyun joked.

"Actually, it is. Your personal life is very colorful especially for man who just came out of the army." Heechul said.

"Yes. And out of all of us, you had the most daebak girlfriend." Siwon said.

"So? What now? Why are you so happy?" Heechul asked impatiently.

Kyuhyun sighed contentedly. "I don't wanna say. The two of you might jinx it."

"Heol. So something really is up." Heechul muttered.

"Is this about Shin Hye?" Siwon asked.

Kyuhyun bit his lip. He was contemplating if he should answer his hyungs' questions. "Okay. To answer Heechul hyung's question. No, I don't have a new girlfriend yet. Hopefully I would have in the near future. To answer Siwon hyung's question. No, I did not replace Shin Hye. I would never replace her. And no, she is still the love of my life. There! Satisfied?" He looked at his hyungs' eyes before taking a sip of his orange juice.

Heechul and Siwon looked confused. They were looking at Kyuhyun with frowns on their faces.

"Okay?" Siwon said while slowly nodding his head.

"So what really happened?" Heechul asked. He really wanted to get the truth out of Kyuhyun. His Heechul hyung surely is the persistent type.

Kyuhyun laughed at his Heechul hyung's persistence. "I'll tell you guys all about it after I fix everything. For now, I need to leave." He said while looking at his watch. He gulped down the last of his orange juice and stood up from his chair.

"I thought you don't have a schedule for today?" Heechul asked with suspicion in his voice.

Kyuhyun nodded his head. "I don't have a work schedule, but I have a personal schedule." He winked at Heechul as he started backing out of the kitchen.

On his way out of their dorm, he passed by another mirror. He looked at himself and took a long and deep breath.

"You can do this, Cho Kyuhyun! Fighting!"

 

~0~

 

Kyuhyun was squatting by the side of the road. He didn't want to admit it, but he was a bit nervous. He was biting his nails. He never was a nail biter but after years of seeing Shin Hye do it, he somehow found himself doing it as well. He looked at his watch. It was already 9:30 in the morning. They should be here soon. Because as far as he knew, the restaurant opens at 10:30 am and closes usually at midnight. Just then, a car passed by him. It parked on the space especially provided for the owner of the restaurant. A few moments had passed and they climbed out of the car. They saw Kyuhyun immediately. Kyuhyun smiled at them and bowed politely. He was bowing until they got close to him.

"Kyuhyun-ah? Is that you?"

Kyuhyun straightened his back and smiled. "Deh. Annyeong Hasseyo, Abeoji and Eomoni." And he briefly bowed politely again.

"Long time no see, Kyuhyun." Shin Hye's appa smiled kindly at him. He offered his hand out to Kyuhyun for a handshake.

"Ah, deh." Kyuhyun politely took his hand and shook it.

"Aigoo, Kyuhyun-ah! How have you been?" Shin Hye's eomma asked her in a cute voice very similar to her daughter's. She reached out to Kyuhyun and hugged him.

"I've been well, eomoni." Kyuhyun said as he let Shin Hye's eomma squeeze him. After she was done, Kyuhyun smiled. "How about eomoni and abeoji? Are things going fine with you? Are the two of you healthy?" He asked politely.

"We're healthy as a horse!" Shin Hye's appa laughed.

"And of course, we're doing really fine." Shin Hye's eomma said as he tapped him lightly on his arm.

"That's good to know." Kyuhyun smiled. "And congratulations on the restaurant. The food is really delicious." He said while holding his two thumbs up.

Shin Hye's eomma giggled shyly. "Of course! And I expect you to come eat with your groupmates! I heard they are big eaters."

"And we received the wine. It was excellent." Shin Hye's appa said.

"I'm glad you liked it." Kyuhyun smiled as he bowed slightly.

"I heard you went to our daughter's party." Shin Hye's eomma said in a teasing tone while giving him a knowing look.

"Ah, deh. I did." Kyuhyun shyly scratched the back of his neck as he lowered his head to hid his giddy smile.

"Yeobo, I told you not to interfere with the kids' affairs." Shin Hye's appa playfully scolded his wife.

"I didn't. Kyuhyun's eomma told me that information." Shin Hye's eomma said in her aegyo voice.

At that, Kyuhyun's head snapped up. He looked at Shin Hye's eomma with a confused expression etched on his face. He didn't remember telling his eomma about that. But he was sure he told his noona about it. Of course, his eomma and his noona are gossiping about his personal life behind his back.

Seeing Kyuhyun's expression, Shin Hye's eomma spoke up. "You know, your eomma and I have never stopped communicating." She admitted.

Kyuhyun smiled. "Yes, I've heard of that."

"By the way, what brings you here at this hour?" Shin Hye's appa asked him curiously.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath before answering. The small talk had somehow calmed his nerves down. Now that he was about to do what he came there to do, his heart started thumping nervously again. Okay. This is it. He crossed his fingers behind him hoping for a positive outcome.

"The truth is, I'm here because.. I'm here because, I need to ask the both of you for permission.."

 

~0~

 

Krystal had her arm intertwined with Shin Hye's while she was talking animatedly. They were in line for the food truck that was provided by Lee Min Ho's fans. Krystal had said so many things already but Shin Hye did not get one thing. She was spaced out thinking about someone. To be specific, her mind was off thinking about Kyuhyun. It had been three days since that day he said he still loves her. Three days and nothing spectacular hasn't happened yet. Didn't he said he was going to do everything that he can to win her heart back? Shouldn't he be starting now? Or was it only her that thought that way? What was she even thinking? Kyuhyun probably had more better things to tend to than pursuing her. Of course, that might be it.

"Eonnie!" Krystal shook her out of oblivion.

Shin Hye looked at Krystal. Her plate was already filled with food. Krystal and the ahjumma who was distributing food was looking at her expectantly. Shin Hye looked down at her empty plate and decided that she wasn't hungry anymore. She placed her plate down and smiled at the ahjumma apologetically.

"You're not eating?" Krystal asked her.

Shin Hye shook her head. "I'm suddenly not hungry." She smiled. She's full, actually. Full of disappointment.

"Arassoyo." Krystal said as she eyed her unnie suspiciously. She led her to a vacant table and continued talking. "Anyway eonnie, what should I do?"

"Huh?" Shin Hye asked cluelessly. What were they talking about earlier? Oh yes, they were talking about a guy that likes Krystal. At least, Krystal was talking about it. "Uhmm.. I think he's a good guy." Shin Hye said as she propped her elbows on the table and placed her chin on her hands.

Krystal nodded her head while chewing her food. She swallowed first before talking. "He is very nice. And he's also very handsome and very rich." She said proudly. "But should I do it?" She asked worriedly.

"I say, do it! It's just one date. What could go wrong?" Shin Hye advised Krystal. Internally, she was laughing. Because, really, what could go wrong? When she and Kyuhyun first went out, Shin Hye didn't think much of it, too. And then one date turned into two and then they fell in love, got together, broke up and hurt each other in the process. So really, what could go wrong?

Krystal pouted. "Really? I should do it?" She asked again.

Shin Hye sighed. "Okay. If you're that worried, why don't you a bring a friend with you on the date."

Krystal scrunched her nose. "Isn't that lame? I'd be like a kid bringing a chaperone to my school trip." She giggled.

"You're still a kid. Actually, in my eyes, you're still a baby." Shin Hye said. She laughed as she reached out and pinched Krystal's cheeks.

"Eonnie!" Krystal exclaimed while giggling. After the giggles died down, her face turned serious. " Keunde eonnie, why are you so spaced out?" She aked Shin Hye.

Shin Hye's smile faded. Was she that obvious. "Uhm.. Nothing.. Just thinking.." She replied.

Krystal moved closer to her and whispered, "Thinking about Kyuhyun oppa?" She backed down and smirked.

Shin Hye's eyes grew wide. "Yah! What are you talking about?" She shrieked.

Krystal laughed at her. "Relax, eonnie! And be quiet! Do you want people to hear?"

Shin Hye pouted. "How did you know?" She asked in a quiet voice.

Krystal just shrugged her shoulders. "I don't actually know. I'm just guessing. And based on your reaction, my guess is it's true."

Shin Hye sighed. She pouted and puffed her cheeks. Were they that obvious before?

"The other day in our company's building, I bumped into Kyuhyun oppa. He asked me how the filming of our drama was going." Krystal said. She looked on her left to her right to make sure no one was listening to them. "And then he asked me if you and Min Ho oppa are getting close to each other. And when I said yes, he frowned and cursed under his breath and he walked out on me."

That was a typical 'Kyuhyun thing' to do. Shin Hye groaned. "Oh, he had always done that. Spying on me on the set of my dramas through random people. But I have to admit, it was kinda sweet and cute." Shin Hye smiled at the last part of what she said.

"So it is true!" Krystal smirked.

Shin Hye sighed and just shrugged. "Well, what's the use of keeping it a secret if everyone practically knows about it." She pouted. "But wait, did many people know? I mean, did people notice?"

Krystal scrunched up her nose while thinking. "Hmm.. I'm not sure.. But people from our agency sure did since you attended a lot of parties that was hosted by Super Junior. And you and Kyuhyun oppa seemed extra friendly with each other."

"Is that so? Ottoke?" Shin Hye pouted.

"Victoria eonnie thought you and Kyuhyun oppa's relationship was adorable." Krystal giggled.

Shin Hye's brow furrowed at this new information that she knew. "What? She did?"

Krystal nodded her head. "And she said that Kyuhyun oppa was stupid for breaking up with you."

Shin Hye continued to furrow.her brows. All along she thought Kyuhyun never told her about their relationship. And Kyuhyun never mentioned about her once. She was even more confused when she realized something. "Wait, did you knew all along?"

Krystal bit her lips. The guilty look on her face gave it away. "Okay. I lied. There was one time I heard the two of them talking and it looked pretty serious. I think that was around the time that the two of you broke up. The two of them sat me down and made me promise not to tell anyone." She bit her lip again after she was done talking. She looked at Shin Hye's face guiltily. "Are you mad at me, eonnie?" She asked cutely.

"Aigoo. Of course not." Shin Hye sighed then smiled. There was one more question that was needed to be answered. "Keunde, didn't the two of then dated after Kyuhyun broke up with me?"

Krystal snorted. "Eww! No they didn't, eonnie! That would be really weird. They're just really buddies. Like, brothers and sisters." She laughed. "Also, Victoria eonnie is dating someone else." She smiled mischievously.

Shin Hye didn't know why, but what Krystal said somehow made her feel lighter. Like a very heavy weight was removed from her chest. Like something that was pierced on her heart was finally removed. She was about to say something when someone called her from the back.

"Shin Hye-ah!"

Shin Hye looked back. It was Manager Joon with a scowl on his face. He did not look happy. She racked her brains for something that she probably did or trouble that she probably caused.

"Deh?" Shin Hye stood up from the table.

Manager Joon walked towards her. He was followed by a guy carrying a clipboard. Probably a staff.

"This guy here said he has something for you." Manager Joon said.

"For me?" Shin Hye asked as her eyes grew wide.

"Yes. A delivery of some sorts, he said." Manager Joon said in an unpleased tone.

The guy stepped up from behind Manager Joon and bowed to Shin Hye. "Annyeong Hasseyo. Kim Seo Jun-imnida."

"Annyeong Hasseyo. Park Shin Hye-imnida." Shin Hye bowed and smiled. The guy was tall and cute. He was smiling at her like they were very good friends.

"I was asked to do a special delivery for you." The guy said and smiled at Shin Hye.

"Excuse me, Mr. Delivery Guy, but we cannot really accept it unless we know what it is." Manager Joon said irritably.

The guy turned to him. "Yes. That's right. You cannot accept it. The sender specifically said that only Park Shin Hye-ssi is allowed to accept and receive it." He said in a business-like tone. He turned back to Shin Hye then smiled.

Shin Hye smiled back at him. The guy's smile was very kind. And somehow, he looked really familiar. She just can't remember where and when she saw him. "Oh! Well then, I accept whatever it is." She chirped.

The guy smiled warmly at her. He took his phone out from his pocket and called someone. "Bring them in." He ordered to whoever it was that he talked to.

The collective gasps audibly filled the room. Along with it, Shin Hye's jaw dropped open. A group of men came in and were carrying bouquets of flowers. They all lined up beside Seo Jun, the delivery guy. The last man who entered asked him.

"Where would we place this, sir?" He asked.

Seo Jun-ssi looked at Shin Hye. "Where should they put it?" He asked her in a very kind voice.

"Ah.. Uhm.." Shin Hye mumbled. She looked at the table where she and Krystal were sitting on. "Here, I guess.." She gestured to the table.

Seo Jun motioned for his guys to place the flowers on the table. The flowers were so big that it took up almost all the space. Krystal had to remove her plate and just carry it instead. As soon as the guys were finished, they all went back outside leaving Seo Jun.

"Shin Hye-ssi, I need you to sign in here. Proof that you received the flowers." Seo Jun said as he handed Shin Hye the clipboard that he was holding.

Shin Hye took the clipboard and signed. While signing, she was wondering why the delivery guy was so familiar. Even his name, Kim Seo Jun, sounded so familiar. Have they met before? After signing, Shin Hye gave the clipboard back to him. "Here. Kamsahamnida." She said while slightly bowing her head.

"Kamsahamnida." Seo Jun took it back. "Oh! There's one other thing!" He said while fumbling for something in his back pocket. "Here. The sender said to give this to you." He smiled at Shin Hye.

Shin Hye looked at what was in his hand. It was an envelope. Or rather, a stationary. The kind that you use to write love letters on during your high school days. The kind that she receives from her fans. She took it hesitantly and smiled at Seo Jun. At that moment, Shin Hye knew why he was familiar. He was Kyuhyun's friend. The one who owns that creepy internet cafe. "I know you!" Shin Hye exclaimed.

"Is he your fan?" Manager Joon asked her.

Seo Jun smiled at Shin Hye. "Again, kamsahamnida. He hopes you'll like the flowers." He smiled mysteriously and turned around.

"Wait!" Shin Hye called out to him. But he was already walking away, he smiled one last time at her and went out of the room. Shin Hye pouted. She turned around and saw her manager scowling at her.

"What are these? Who are these from?" Manager Joon asked.

Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders innocently. "I don't know, either." She said sweetly. And that was true. she didn't know who the flowers were from. But she had an idea who it might be from.

Manager Joon's phone rang. He fumbled for it in his pocket. "We'll talk later." He told Shin Hye before walking away.

Shin Hye smiled. She held the letter close to her heart as she looked at the flowers on the table.

"Heol. Daebak. Wow. I'm so jealous!" Krystal exclaimed. She moved closer to Shin Hye and whispered to her, "Is it from Kyuhyun oppa?"

Shin Hye smiled. "Maybe.." She giggled and Krystal giggled along with her. They giggled like two little girls.

"And there's a letter, too. How sweet!" Krystal exclaimed. "Anyway, I should leave you and give you some privacy." She winked at Shin Hye before heading off to her manager.

Shin Hye looked at the envelope. It had cute bears and hearts on it. Her name was written on the front. The handwriting looked very familiar. Indeed, it was from him. She opened the envelope carefully as to not rip the edges. Inside was a folded pink paper with the same design as the envelope. She unfolded the paper and was welcomed by a familiar scent. Shin Hye sniffed the paper. It smelled like Kyuhyun's perfume. How romantic. Kyuhyun's adorable and manly handwriting filled half of the paper.

Shin Hye-ah..

Annyeong! By now, you probably received the flowers. I really hope you like it. If you noticed, there are seven bouquets. One bouquet for each (miserable) month that were not together. And in one bouquet, there are at least 30 to 31flowers. One for each (miserable) day that we were not together. Smart, right? I'm sorry this took long. I had to get permission from certain people first before I actually do it. Hmm.. What else? Oh, and would you please call me after you read this? Please?

Kyukyu ♥

p.s. I LOVE YOU! ♥ I'll tell you that everyday until you're ready to say it back (not that I'm rushing you)

Shin Hye smiled giddily after reading the letter. While she was reading, it felt like she could hear Kyuhyun's voice. She ran a hand through each of the bouquets. One for each miserable month and day that they were not together. She took out her phone from her Jeguk High uniform and quickly dialed Kyuhyun's number.

The first ring wasn't even finished yet but the call was answered already. "Did you like it?" Came Kyuhyun's excited voice.

Shin Hye laughed. She could imagine Kyuhyun staring at his phone while waiting for her call. "Yah. Aren't you gonna gree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter