Chapter 41: Starting Over Again

Hallyu Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still noon but it seemed like it was already dusk. The sky was so dark because of the non-stop rain. Shin Hye looked out the window and sighed. The sky was so gloomy. Much like the character that she was playing, Cha Eun Sang. They were half-way through the drama and there were only ten episodes left. She was happy that their drama was being loved all over the country and was receiving high viewership ratings. Her friends were always messaging her during broadcast saying that they were watching the drama. And the people who were often texting her about it were no other than the members of Super Junior telling her that they were diligent viewers of her drama. Today, they had to stop filming due to the rain. The rain was too loud that it interfered with their filming. Now they just have to wait until the rain stops for them to go back to filming. But looking at the sky, it looks like the rain won't stop any time soon.

"Kids, gather around!" Lee Minho called them. He fixed the desk and the chairs into a circle.

Shin Hye and the other casts; Krystal, Kang Minhyuk and Kang Haneul all sat on the chairs that Minho prepared. The other cast members took this free time to sleep.

"What's going on, oppa?" Shin Hye asked Minho.

"I don't think we would be filming anytime soon so I figured we should entertain ourselves. We're playing a game! Here. Pass this on." Minho said as he gave Shin Hye a plastic cup for her to pass on.

"What kind of game?" Krystal, who was sitting beside Shin Hye, asked as she took a plastic cup.

"A drinking game!" Minho smiled mischievously at Krystal.

"Hyung, we can't get drunk. We're still in the middle of filming!" Minhyuk piped up.

Minho smiled proudly. "I know, I know. That's why instead of soju. We will be drinking this." He said as he took out two big bottles of orange Juice from under the table. "And where are the others?" Minho asked as he looked around the table.

"The others are sleeping. Too tired and sleepy to even lift a finger." Kang Haneul answered Minho.

Shin Hye chuckled. "Orange Juice. Nice one, Minho oppa!" She said and she and Minho high-fived.

Krystal clapped her hands excitedly. "Ooh this seems fun! But how are we going to play? Are there rules or something?" She asked.

Minho snapped his fingers. "Nice question, Krystal. This is how the game goes. Everyone gets a turn in asking questions that are answerable by only a yes or no. So, the first person who's going to ask a question is me, then Shin Hye-ah, Krystal, Minhyuk-ah and lastly, Haneul-ah and then it's me again." Minho explained.

Minhyuk nodded his head. "So it's rotational. Keunde, what are the the cups and the juice for?" He asked.

"Are they for punishment? You're not going to pour juice all over the person who won't get to answer the question right, is it?" Shin Hye asked. If that's what the juice was for, then she's out of the game. She didn't want to film her scenes wearing her school uniform stained with orange juice.

"No. The juice is for you to drink." Haneul answered the question. "If your answer to the given question is a no, then you don't have to drink. But if the answer is yes, then drink up. Is that right, hyung?" Haneul asked Minho.

Minho clapped his hands once. "Yes that is correct, Haneul-ah!"

"But who wins?" Shin Hye asked.

"No one, Shin Hye-ah. The point of this game is for us to get to know each other better." Minho winked at her. " So, let's start?" He asked the others.

"Yes!" Krystal exclaimed excitedly.

"Okay. Pour juice in your cups while I think of a question." Minho said. The others obeyed him and each poured juice in their cups. Shin Hye fidgeted. Knowing Minho, she was sure that he was going to ask questions about their personal life. When they were filming at the States, Minho kept on bugging her, asking if she had a boyfriend and if she has dated someone from the industry. He even asked if she had dated an idol. But of course, Shin Hye played it coolly. She just discreetly ignored his questions.

Minho clapped his hands. "Okay! First question! This is a pretty easy one." He looked at each of their faces, building momentum. He looked at the door before asking. "I wish the director would just cancel the filming for today. Yes or No?" He asked in a low voice that only them could hear. He drank his cup in one shot. The others only looked at him questioningly. "What? No?" He asked.

Shin Hye and the others looked at each other. Then they looked at the door to make sure no staff was present. They all drank their juice in one gulp.

Minho laughed. "Good boys and girls!" He said as he gestured for the rest to fill their cups up. "Now, that was just a trial question. It would be better if the questions are a bit personal. You're turn, Shin Hye-ah."

Shin Hye gulped. She hasn't thought of a question yet. She didn't know what to ask. She didn't want to ask a too personal question. "Hmm.. I sometimes wish I'm not a celebrity but just a normal person living a normal life. Yes or No?" And she drank her juice. After a few hesitations, the others drank up, too. Except for Haneul.

"Why didn't you drink?" Krystal asked Haneul.

Haneul shrugged his shoulders. "Because I'm not yet as popular as all of you." He answered.

"So noona wishes she's just a normal person sometimes?" Minhyuk asked Shin Hye innocently.

Shin Hye nodded. "Don't get me wrong. I love my job. But sometimes it just gets really hard."

Minho nodded his head, too. "That's right. I mean, look at me. I'm in the middle of a highschool classroom wearing a highschool uniform and I'm 27 years old!"

"Not only that! We don't have much of a privacy!" Krystal pouted.

Everyone agreed with her. "That was a nice question, Shin Hye-ah. Krystal, you're up." Minho said.

Krystal brightened up. "The sunbaes questions are boring. Mine's going to be good." She said cutely. "I have dated someone from my school or university. Yes or No?"

Shin Hye squeezed her cup. She looked at Haneul and he was looking at her too. Beside her, Minho gulped his juice. She bit her lip as she drank hers. Haneul drank his as soon as Shin Hye was finished with hers. She looked at Krystal and she didn't touched her cup. Minhyuk didn't as well. Krystal was only looking at them with sparkling eyes.

"You haven't dated someone from school?" Shin Hye asked Krystal.

"I haven't, unnie." Krystal answered with sparkling eyes.

"You too, Minhyuk?" Shin Hye asked.

Minhyuk nodded. "Yup, noona."

"As expected of Minho oppa.".Krystal said.

"Wait, Shin Hye and Haneul. You guys go to the same university, right?" Minho asked while looking at them.

"Uhm, yes." Haneul answered quietly.

"Oh! Then maybe you know each other's exes!" Krystal exclaimed.

"Or maybe, it was the two of you who dated.." Minho laughed at his own joke.

Shin Hye looked at Haneul. Should they tell them? She opened but closed it again as Minho spoke.

"Chill, guys. I was just joking." Minho laughed. Minhyuk and Krystal laughed as well.

"Of course, hyung." Haneul laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah. Right." Shin Hye said as she grinned at Minho.

Minho narrowed his eyes at the two of them and smirked. "Something's weird here. I think the two of you know who dated whom.." He said.

Shin Hye and Haneul exchanged looks. Haneul was looking at her in a let's-just-tell-them way. It was all in the past so, why not? She nodded at Haneul.

"It was a long time ago--" Haneul started but was interrupted.

"Oh my god!" Krystal exclaimed.

"No way." Minhyuk muttered.

"I knew it!" Minho exclaimed as he banged his hands on the table. "You two seem friendly but there was this certain awkwardness between the two of you! Hah! How cool is this!" He said happily.

"Unnie! When did this happen?" Krystal asked her.

"Well, it was on our first year in college. We dated until I was filming for You're Beautiful." Shin Hye said.

"Yeah. She dumped me because she was surrounded with guys that are better looking than me." Haneul asked. He pouted as if he was still sad about it.

"Yah! That's not true!" Shin Hye shouted at him. Haneul only laughed and winked at her.

"Heol. Daebak." Minhyuk said in a dazed voice.

"This is such a revelation." Minho said. His face looked shocked.

"I know!" Krystal clapped her hands giddily.

"How about you, Minho oppa? Who was it that you dated from school?" Shin Hye asked, trying to divert the attention away from her.

"Oh, no one." Minho waved a hand. "Just a noona who was really nice to me when I was in high school. She was a senior while I was a junior." He added non-chalantly.

Shin Hye nodded her head. "Arasso. Your turn, Minhyuk-ah!" She said hastily.

"Oh! Wait! Krystal's question was so good. I don't know what to ask." Minhyuk said in a panicky voice.

Krystal smiled at him. "Then ask something like my question. Those kinds of questions are exciting." She whispered to him but loud enough for all of them to hear.

"Arasso." Minhyuk nodded. He pouted while trying to think of a question. His face lit up suddenly. "I know! I'm in love with someone right now. Or it could be I like someone right now. Yes or No?"

Everyone seemed to be thinking about it first. Minhyuk.discreetly looked at Krystal first before slowly emptying his glass. Krystal was pouting while still thinking. She finally took just a sip from her glass. Haneul was just looking at his glass with his arms crossed. He made no move of touching his cup. Minho was intently looking at his cup. He shrugged as he picked it up and emptied his cups contents.

Shin Hye looked at her cup. As soon as she heard the word love, Kyuhyun's face suddenly popped into her head. She closed her eyes, willing the image to fade away from her mind. But it wasn't going away. No matter how many times she told herself to stop thinking about Kyuhyun, it seemed like whatever's feelings she had left for him just grew stronger. She sighed dejectedly. She picked her cup up and drank it in one go.

"That was hard." Shin Hye mumbled.

"Yah, Krystal! You just took a sip!" Minho scolded.

"That's because I'm not sure! I drank half so it's a maybe." Krystal answered.

"No follow up questions, please." Minhyuk pleaded.

"Agreed." Minho said. He turned and looked beside him. "Haneul-ah? Question, please?"

"Arasso." Haneul rubbed his hands together. "This is a payback question for Krystal."

"Deh?" Krystal whimpered. She looked at Shin Hye as if asking for her help.

"Mianhae, Soojung-ah." Shin Hye grinned at her.

"I have dated an idol before. Yes or No?" Haneul asked.

To everyone's surprise, not one boy drank from their cups. Krystal pouted. She stuck her tongue out to Haneul before drinking her juice.

Shin Hye sighed. Of course a question like this would pop up. And it was from a different ex-boyfriend. She hastily picked up her cup and drank.

"So, who is it, Krystal?" Haneul asked Krystal.

Krystal frowned. "It's not fun if I just say who it is. You guys have to guess." She said in a know-it-all tone. "I'll give hints. He's from the same company and he's cute."

Minho banged the table. "I know! Shinee! Minho!"

"Nope." Krystal said while shaking her head.

"Ah!" Haneul exclaimed. "Someone from Exo! Am I right?"

Krystal blinked. She turned beside her to face Shin Hye. "Unnie. I see you drank your juice." She said. She was obviously avoiding Haneul's guess.

"Uhm.. I did." Shin Hye slowly said, hoping that the others won't press much.

"Was it his bandmate?" Haneul asked while pointing at Minhyuk.

"Cnblue! That's right! I remember now. Yonghwa, is it?" Minho asked and Minhyuk nodded. "Our almost cast member. Yes. You two have dating rumours." He added.

Shin Hye laughed. "I can confidently say that that was not true. Yonghwa and I are just friends. Right, Minhyuk-ah?" She asked him and he only nodded.

"Who is it then?" Haneul asked.

"Please give us clues!" Minho pleaded in a supposedly cute voice. It sounded creepy coming from him.

"I know!" Krystal suddenly blurted out. "Kyuhyun oppa!"

Shin Hye snapped her head at Krystal. Just how in the world did she knew. "Huh?" Shin Hye mumbled.

"Who's that?" Minho asked.

"I know him. From Super Junior, right? I've watched a couple of his musicals. He's good." Haneul asked while.nodding his head approvingly.

"I mean, I don't know if it's true." Krystal said while looking at Shin Hye. "I just heard the other Super Junior members teasing him with you, unnie."

Shin Hye is at a loss of words right now. If Krystal, a young girl, had sort of an idea about them. Then others might have, too. It might turn out that their secret relationship wasn't much of a secret after all. And then she remembered the last time she saw Kyuhyun and how happy he looked while texting. Shin Hye saw this as an opening and grabbed her chance. "Kyuhyun? But isn't he dating your group member?" She asked Krystal.

Krystak furrowed her brows. "My group member? Ah! Victoria unnie! Actually--" Krystal didn't get to finish because she was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. They all looked at the door and saw a staff member standing there.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but the director sent me here to inform you that filming for today is cancelled. All of you could go home now. We will inform your managers when filming will resume." The staff member said. She bowed her head and left.

"Yes!" Minho happily exclaimed.

"The first question came true! Wow!" Krystal said giddily.

"We can finally rest." Minhyuk said. He stood up and bowed to each of them before leaving the room.

One by one, all of them said their goodbyes and left. Shin Hye went home with a heavy heart. She didn't got the answer from Krystal. When Changmin told her before that Kyuhyun had been dating after they broke up, she immediately thought of that person. She might not had her answer but at least her wish for the filming to be cancelled came true.

 

 

~0~

 

 

Kyuhyun was leaning at the refrigerator while waiting for the water to boil. The mild rain that was reported to last until the noon only had became a full-blown typhoon as the evening came. Good thing he didn't had any schedule for the day. His noona called him earlier if he could go to her apartment to check on her pet cat. She won't be able to make it home from Jeju Island because all the flights were cancelled due to the unexpected typhoon. So now, in his noona's apartment, he was preparing dinner for himself. The only thing he could find in his noona's kitchen that he knew how to cook were packs of instant ramen. So instant ramen it is for dinner. As he was waiting for the water to boil, he thought of Shin Hye. The rain brought on flashes of lightning and claps of thunder. And he knew that Shin Hye was extremely scared of those. He wondered if she went home to her parents' house or if she was alone at her apartment. She can't be alone in this kind of wild weather or else she will cry. He pulled his phone out of his pocket to text her. Just to ask if she was okay. He stared as his phone, thinking if he should do it or not. He shrugged as he decided not to do it.

The water was finally boiling. He placed the noodles and the other stuff in the packets and stirred it. He let it boil for a few minutes before turning the fire off. As he was placing the noodles on the table, the doorbell rang. It rang once. After a few seconds, it rang again. Kyuhyun placed the pot of steaming ramen on the table. He removed the apron that he was wearing and hurried to the door. His eyes grew wide as he saw who it was. Standing in front of him was Shin Hye looking scared with tears in her eyes. He was right. She will cry if left alone in this kind of weather.

Shin Hye wiped the tears away from her face. "Kyuhyun? Where's Ahra unnie?" She asked.

"Uhm, she's not here. Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly.

Shin Hye nodded her head. "Yes. I'm just really scared." Then another bolt of thunder erupted and she jumped back. "Wah! Ottoke?" Shin Hye cried as she covered her ears with her hands.

"Come here." Kyuhyun pulled her to him. He closed the door and she dragged Shin Hye to the living room. She sat her on the couch and he sat beside her. He placed his hands on top of Shin Hye's hands which were covering her ears. "It's okay. Don't cry. This will all be over soon."

Shin Hye nodded her head, her shoulders heaving. "Can I stay here for a while?" She asked in a small voice.

"Of course you can." Kyuhyun smiled.

Shin Hye looked up at him with her big eyes stained with tears. "Thanks."

Kyuhyun blinked. Their faces were so close to each other that his heart started thumping. It was so loud that he feared Shin Hye could hear it. He removed his hands from hers and stood up from the couch. "It's okay." He said. He placed his hands in his pockets, playing it coolly. "Are you hungry? Because I cooked ramen." He said.

Shin Hye looked at him unsurely. "You? You cooked ramen?" She asked. She had finally calmed down and stopped crying.

Kyuhyun smiled proudly. "Yes, I did."

"Oh. Well, I'm okay. I'm not hungry." Shin Hye smiled. But her body betrayed her. Because as soon as she said that, her stomach growled. "Aish." She muttered why shyly lowering her head.

Kyuhyun chuckled. Shin Hye looked so adorable that he wanted to come to her and pinch her cheeks. But he had to control himself. "Wait here while I prepare the food." He said before backing out to the kitchen.

As soon as he reached the kitchen, he fished his phone out from his pocket to text Changmin.

Kyuhyun: Shin Hye's here. We're at my noona's apartment. She was crying.

He inhaled deeply while waiting for Changmin's reply. Then he realized something. He was only wearing his pajamas. He must have looked like a mess. He picked up a spoon and checked his reflection. His hair was sticking out to places. He tried to tame them but his hair won't budge. Finally, Changmin replied to him.

Changmin: Dude what did you do? Why did you make her cry?

Kyuhyun: I didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter