The Birthday

From A Tangle '&' to A Knot '♥'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEOYEON's POV:- 

I look at myself before the mirror. I never knew there would be a day where I would were all these expensive dresses. I blew out a sigh, lifting up the thin fringes on my forehead. 

"You done yet?", I heard that voice which belonged to the one and only man who live with me.

"Done in a few minutes! Wait downstairs", I called out. After that I could hear footsteps down the hallway. Quickly putting on the heels, snapping the clip at the ankle, I lifted my feet left and right to see if it would be comfortable enough for the day. I picked up the purse that has already been there in the wardrobe, Myungsoo's mom have arranged and walk out of the door making sure I didn't forget anything.

I saw Myungsoo already down the hall walking to the kitchen pouring himself a glass of water. I walk down the stairs and lift up my head only to see him staring at me while putting the rim of the glass on his lips. He stopped drinking the water and kept his eyes still on me.

"I'm done", I said fidgeting on the lower part of my dress. He blinked twice before quickly looking away and put the glass down on the table.

"Let's go", he said and walk forward towards the door.

Today is Jiwon's birthday and we're heading to the party which was said to be at some famous club their family owns. I have been feeling quite anxious and uneasy since the morning. Maybe, it's because of my lack of social interaction in this kind of events but I didn't know why I had a feeling today won't turn out very well.

I seated myself and put the belt on and soon Myungsoo started driving out of the neighbourhood. I heard him cleared his throat a bit probably to kill the awkwardness.

"You look good today"

"..."

What?

I look at him and he glanced at me the same time making me feel a bit self conscious. I wore the dress Yohan chose for me that day, it was really pretty but not as comfortable as I thought it would be. 

"You too", I replied and look away out to the window. No lie. He looked really good with his fringes up in a neat way, not to mention how manly he looked with the black suit he was on. I won't lie. Myungsoo is a man whose looks are outstandingly handsome. But that's something I'll never admit to him or else he'll probably go all the more cocky than he already is.

"Tell me something I don't know", he replied.

See?

 I couldn't help the little curl creeping up my lips as I stare out in that trees until it was replaced soon by the city.

"So...what did you decided on what would you give to Jiwon today?", I asked bringing out his concern the other day. For me, I was pretty sure Jiwon is a girl who already has all she wants so I just decided to gift her a small bracelet which wasn't too expensive yet a decent one. 

"I don't know. I still don't have anything in mind so I just decided to leave it. I don't like thinking about it anymore", he answered. I nodded understanding. Myungsoo likes her and it wasn't like it's his first time for her birthday. 

"And by the way, stay with Yohan in the party if when I'm not there with you. The other guys will pretty much stay with other girls but Yohan doesn't reallly like such stuffs so make sure to stay close to him so you won't get lost. Lots of people will be there"

I looked at him and nodded again after noting what he said. Yohan was such a confusing guy but comfortable for me nonetheless. We have met a few times more after that day because of somethings that's going on in whatever Myungsoo and him are plotting at the moment. After which we hang out a lot in the hall, the three of us. He visited again yesterday and I picked up that he's really really close to Myungsoo and used to hang out in the house like it was his but stopped after I moved in. We really got close in a very short period of time and by how he talks and shares his opinions on things, he's really a decent gentleman contrast to his flirty side. While Myungsoo was out to meet Jiwon, Yohan entertained me with all his cheesy jokes while watching a horror movie. I'm not really good with horrors but while watching it with him, I didn't feel a tit bit scared but laughed over his every jokes whenever the ghost jumped with that overdramatic sound on the screen. 

"Why are you smiling?", Myungsoo suddenly asked with a frown. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I realised I have been smiling for some reason remebering yesterday.

"Huh? N-nothing"

"Do you like Yohan or something?", he asked with a pissed looking face.

"What? No!", I replied really shocked.

"Then why do you always smile when I mention him?", he said stopping the car. I realised it was a parking area and maybe, we reached the venue.

"I do?", I asked as he turned to me fully.

"Yes"

"And you noticed that?", I asked with a brow up.

"Yes"

"Are you--", but he cut me off quickly.

"No! He's my best friend"

"And? I can't like him?" 

"Absolutely no."

"And why is that?", I asked amused to how overprotective he was over his friend.

"'Cause he's my friend! What will people think if you get together with him?" he said looking really furious.

"Chill, Myungsoo. I'm joking. He's a good looking gentleman and I like him but not in that way", I said and open the door to walk out. The fresh air hit my nose and gave me some relief after a ride inside the car with the damn ac on.

"Are you sure about that?", I heard him asked as he soon came out too.

"About what?", I frowned at him.

"That you don't like Yo--", he was cut off as Yohan called out a few meter away from us.

"Yo! Guys, Seoyeon!" My frown was immediately wiped off when I saw the ever so hyper of a guy, Yohan standing there with a wide smile on his face. I quickly rush up to him and hug his arm on the side. Yes, we have kind of become close enough to do that in just a few days. That's how comfortable I was with this guy.

"Hi, Mr. Handsome", I said with the same smile like his.

"Aww, sweetcheeks. You look gorgeous today. No wonder I picked the dress for you", he said as he gave me a wink which I can't help but laugh at. 

Someone cleared throat and I turned to see Myungsoo standing there with hands inside his pockets with a pissed looking face, glaring somewhere at our hands.

"Got your pants in a twist, Myungsoo? You look hideous with that look on your face", Yohan joked.

"Shut up", Myungsoo said and turned his heels away and walked in the direction of the entrance.

*-*-*

 

Soon after we entered, we got together with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter