KUWTK 2: The Age of Consciousness

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK 2: The Age of Consciousness:

Kids grow up too fast. Faster than the speed of light and parents sometimes cannot keep up.

“Don’t grow up juseyongggg~” Dara-eomma always reminds her kids to not grow up which is bloop! The world needs to see them bloom, noonim! At their young age the Kwon kids do not have any idea who they are, they know their mom and dad works and that’s about it.

What they know is different from the reality and it’s the downgraded version of what and who they are. The parents do not want to instill to them that they’re rich. CRAZY RICH.

When the kids started going to school, that’s when Dara and Jiyong filtered their browser contents, any electronics where they can surf the net got sifted. Why? Kids get smarter when they learn how to read, that’s when the speedy development comes through.

Dara also pulled some strings, because all the scandals that her husband got involved in were heavily removed. SHE DID THAT. She removed it for her own sanity too, and now she’s thinking how she can eliminate all his haters who are still calling him a druggie. Her husband is a good man and their kids do not need to read how the media did their dad dirty. During his idol days.

“Eomma, what is a blackjack?” it was a very innocent question from her only girl. She gives Jiyong the look. “That’s what your eomma calls their group’s fan.” Her husband answered the query on her behalf. The family are currently enjoying their traditional Korean dinner, complete with all the side dishes courtesy of Dara.

“Why?” asked the curious mom. “My English teacher told me she’s a blackjack!” answered her daughter cutely.

“Eh? Your English teacher must be a grandma then!” teased Jiyong and it earned him a glare from his wife right across the dinner table.

Mino called the attention of their parents, “Eomma, my teacher told me to let Appa sign my assignments sometimes.”

“Yes! Eomma! My teacher told me to let him sign too!” agreed Jaewon.

“Heol!!! My teacher said the same!” Jisoo exclaimed.

VIPs y’all need to chill.

“Babe, I think I need to pay the school a visit.” Hissed the mom. Jiyong finds it funny though, proud that VIPs are everywhere. “Sorry babe, well, I cannot help it if I am still popular.”he gave his wife a KANYE-shrug. He still has it, GDRAGON is a legend and he really cannot do anything about it.

The kids are enrolled in an international school in Seoul. Jiyong almost agreed to sending them abroad for their education but their kids need to learn their roots. Dara almost enrolled them to a regular public school to teach them humility but her visit already made it to the news. Every school day will be a festival for some scoop- hungry reporters if they really sent them there. They specifically told the administration to not leak information about the kids but schools have loopholes, people will leak . Ever since they registered the kids, reporters already camped outside the gates, fortunately it is very much secured. It’s an IS school, a home for the kids of rich people so it’s just right to have a heightened security.

Dara cannot really do anything about their kids’ anonymity, they can still have a normal childhood even if people know about them. As long as reporters do not shove their cameras on her children she’ll keep her chill.

“Jisoo asked me if she can wear pants at school tomorrow.” Jiyong stated as he settles down beside his wife on their king -sized bed. “Your daughter does not want to show her legs.” Dara placed her head on his chest and as if on cue he draped his thin arms around her. “Mino and Jaewon made fun of her legs. That’s why.”she added.

Jisoo took after her mom’s fashion sense, at a very young age she showed distaste in wearing dresses, she’s okay with pink and other girl patterns but skirts and dresses are a no-no for her.

“It’s good, I won’t have any problems then.” He rubs her little head as he waits for sleep to come. “It’s just a phase” she said dismissively, “hope I can get her to dress up soon.”

Hubby scoffed, “She’s outnumbered that’s why.”

“If only we made these kids earlier…” he teased and he really wondered what if he really got her pregnant by accident. If Taeyang’s prophecy came true, but Mino was a blessing, Jisoo was a beautiful surprise and Jaewon was a gift. Their angels came in threes, because they’re kind people. God himself tripled their blessings from relevance, net worth up to the number of kids.

“MADE!? What are they a Bigbang album!?” yawning, she planted a kiss on her husband’s chest and muttered “Goodnight, babe. I love you.”

He answered her with a soft kiss on the head, “Goodnight. I love you so much more.” He pulled her closer to him, letting her lavender apple scent send him to his sweet dreams.

Kwon kids literally grew up with their parents’ music, Dara can still remember how Mino kicks inside her when she puts the headphones on her tummy, playing “Fantastic Baby.” Even Jisoo and Jaewon too, pregnant Dara playlist is just Fantastic Baby on repeat, and believe it or not Jiyong got so tired hearing his song. Now, Mr. Kwon, you know how we felt like when y’all decided on that hiatus! SAME.

Anyways~

Kwon Mino may have the slightest idea who his parents are since, he and his siblings watch his parents’ concerts because when his mom is busy with something, she turns on their TV and play it. He thinks they’re just like the idols of his generation but older.

His dad’s ACT 3: Motte concert is his favorite especially the part where his mom speaks of course. Their house too has his parents’ pictorials and magazines. He also hears their names on TV whenever his Dad watches the news. His dad’s studio in their home have albums, different instruments and his MOM is all over the walls.

The boy thought it was just normal but he did not know that he was the son of the King of Kpop and Korea’s beauty and fashion icon.

THEY have no idea how much their crown weighs.

It was not until he was 10 years old.

Their family was eating at a famous Italian restaurant because they wanted Pizza. His mom knows a lot of good places to eat, since she’s a foodie and was a vlogger. As the usual, they fill in their parents about what happened at school and his sister is doing a super extra aegyo to his parents which displeases him to the nth power.

Ever since they got in there, people are already asking for a sign from his parents. His appa just ignored the folks, nods his head when called but it’s mostly his mom who entertains.

“Dara-ssi. Can we get a picture?” asked the ahjumma from the other table. He saw his mom bow, “I am sorry I am with my family right now…” the woman looked disappointed, “I can give you my sign, I’m so sorry,” he saw his mom reached for her bag to grab her pen to give the woman a sign. He heard her ask, “What’s your name?”. He watched his mom smile so warmly as she signs. The ahjumma even said “Ommona, your kids are very lovely.” His mom uttered thank you.

They’ve been interrupted even more after but his dad is not saying anything he’s just quietly observes everything.

“I got a text from Sanghyun, asking me if we’re in an Italian restaurant.” His dad broke his silence then his phone rang and gave his mom a sharp look before excusing himself to answer the call.

His mom sighed heavily. “Eomma what’s wrong?”asked the maknae. He too saw how his dad looked at his mom. “Why is appa upset?!” It did not really sound like a question from Jisoo as she continued to sip on her red-iced tea. “Nothing. Just eat up.” Mino knew his Eomma is forcing a smile. He’s confused on the sudden tension he felt. Then there goes their dad returning on his seat “Babe, don’t panic but there are already reporters outside, and I just talked to the managers of this place, they don’t have any other exit.” He saw his mom pursed her lips, “How can they not have any other exits?!” hissed his mom. He saw how his mom grab her phone to call someone.

“I already called YG, they will send some bodyguards.”

“Appa, what is happening?” he needed to ask. “Nothing.” His dad smiled at him and ruffled his hair. “Go finish up the pizza, guys.”

“Appaaa, I wanna go to the bookstore later!” pouting in front of her dad so she can get what she wants, is what Jisoo does the best. “There’s this book that I want to read!” she added.

“Noona just bought a manhwa with mom yesterday!” snitched his brother. “Well I read fast, genius!” rolling her eyes and pouted cutely again for her appa.

“You really are annoying, Jichu!” Mino had enough. “Excuse me, Oppa. But nobody asked for your opinion.”

“Mianhe, we cannot go anywhere after this.” His dad just rejected his younger sister and it’s very rare of him to do s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter