KUWTK12: Whoopers

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK 12: Whoopers

The Kwon kids are already in their teens when Dara and Jiyong resorted to a corporal punishment. It isn’t the norm but, this household has always been different. Different is good, eh?! Mino, Jisoo and Jaewon are tamed kids, though the only girl can be too talkative they were never thewild ones. Wild, as in tantrums in public, a crying fest in a gathering or running around the halls. They were always behaved when out, because 1. They have bodyguards 2. Mommy’s scowl and daddy’s producer glare are scary 3. People are weird around them. It has been an instinct for the three to just be where their mom and dad can see them. Also the kids’ can read their parents’ eyes, they know when eomma and appa are not pleased.

Articles about how well-behaved the kids are got 10K upvotes (and counting, generated 40K, btw). Imagine the relevance, it’s just too thick. South Korea watches their every move and will always be left in awe. It was at the time when PMO joined Seoul Fashion Week, and of course being the owners, they were busy backstage, but the kids sat in front. They were all in their matching classic black oversized PMO shirt, white caps and of course the overpriced clip was attached to their caps. The three just gave everyone the mini-version of their parent’s usual fits.

---

Jiyong wanted to put a black mask on Jisoo, but Dara stopped him.

“WAE?!’ Dara snatched the mask from her husband who’s trying to cover their daughter’s face.

“Your daughter is beautiful!” he exclaimed. She’s his little princess, too precious for the world to see.

“Your sons too! Might as well cover their faces then!” she spat. She shook her head. Dara got over being unreasonably overprotective of their children, because no matter how she tries to hide them, the hype will never die down. Fans all over the world steal photos of them out and about. Still keeping them lowkey though, as in no TV guestings or magazine shoots.

“Who’s guarding these guys!?” Jiyong asked his wife. Their three kids can only look at them, sensing this their daughter asked, “Why-- where are you and mommy going?!” Their 9-year old is just sharp.

“You’re not going to sit with us?!” the maknae tugged Dara’s hands. “No baby, mommy and daddy are going to be busy.”she answered.

“Eh!? It’s not cuddle time though?!” Mino stated, confused. The parents blushed because they’re not the only ones in the room.

Bom came in, right when Jaewon was asking his parents, so yeah auntie just had to “Wow how creative.” Cuddle time is what Dara and Jiyong tell them when they must be alone, no kids to share a bed with. Y’all know, it’s Jiyongs fault when the kids asked why when it’s cuddle time they cannot sleep in their parent’s room, “It’s because eomma and appa are busy.” 

Dara glared at her friend but of course Bom ignored her, and gave her a hug, “It’s okay I’ll sit with you guys!” The kids came to their aunt, giving her a kiss.

Seeing their outfits Bom screamed, “OMMOOOOO!!!!CUTIES!!!!” It’s a late reaction but yeah, the kids are all wearing PMO’s and that is just pure explosion of cuteness. Dara smiled at how cute her kids are like a proud mama, “Babe~our babies are pretty.”

Jiyong gave her a kiss on her temple, “Yessss.” As expected Bom must snap a photo with them and Dara being the typical mom that she is asked their kids to pose for her.

The kids normally just stay with them backstage but Jiyong allowed them to sit in front because they want them to see what he and Dara do, together. It is a special event for PMO because they will launch Sandara’s line and being the woman that she is, all the money accumulated from this will be donated.

The Peaceminusone catwalk was the most talked about. It got featured in international magazines and of course their little cuties created a buzz.

Article: Kwon Kids are well-behaved/character fanaccounts

[Enter-talk] Vips and Blackjacks all over the world will always spazz about Dara and GD’s kids whenever they read fanaccounts about them. Having to be born with their celebrity status everyone expected them to be spoiled brats. It isn’t very surprising because their parents are also well talked about when celebrities with good characters are brought up, Dara and Jiyong will always be mentioned.

They always bow in 90 degrees, not only to their parent’s celebrity friends but also to their parents’s fans. There are still fans that are waiting outside YG building. Jisoo and Mino rolled down their car window once to say hi to everyone. They even gave out some hotpacks because fans were waiting in the cold. Jaewon once helped an ahjumma with her grocery bags. Jiyong encouraged him to do it, he was hesitant at first because he's shy.  There are events where the whole family is invited the three kids will just sit with their parents. A server from restaurant they frequent to, once said that the kids will always say “Please” and “Thank you.”

The most recent one will be the PMO runway during SFW where the kids can be seen quietly watching as the designs of their parents are displayed. It’s a boring event for youngsters like them but they never showed any sign of tantrums, they can be seen laughing, clapping or whispering to each other. With blinding camera flashes, they bow but not one of them cried out.

Has anyone seen how adorable they were when Dara and Jiyong came out? Mino was giving them thumbs up, Jisoo screamed and clapped, while Jaewon gave a shy wave to them.

Kwon Family FIGHTING!!!

[+40589, -52] Can Dara and Jiyong write a book about parenting? My kids will never look like theirs but at least they will have their good character.

[+28569, -89] Both Dara and Jiyong have good characters.

[+10589,-78] They also excel in school too.

[+9894,-45] The celebrity AURA of their KIDS. TOO STRONGGGG.

[+8514,-50] Wow. I don’t think they have an idea about how popular they are.

----

The worst time the three got in trouble was when they accidentally deleted the music files of their Dad. It was a whole mini album, diminished under all the files in his computer. Fortunately, he was able to save a back up but nonetheless the three kids got a time out. Other than that, they never really got in so much trouble growing up.

Having intellectual kids is easy because they understand, why they got in trouble. Also, Jiyong asks them “why they’re apologizing?” “why they were wrong?” instead of the what they did, because obviously they already know that. Asking why, makes them think and reflect, then a better understanding of the whole situation follows. They must fully know why they’re getting disciplined. The parents did a very good job in rearing the fundamental characters of their children. Both should be credited, though Jiyong gets to be the softer parent, he admitted that he cannot stand seeing the tears in the eyes of their children. Dara tends to hold her husband firm when he’s already falling into the charms and the cuteness of their kids. How can the parents of visually pleasing kids resist their pouty beautiful faces when they face the wall?! Anyone is K.O and will forgive and forget the naughtiness.

Jiyong and Dara has never been physical when it comes to discipline. They took the road of more talking, less punishments. Communication is very open, and it lead them to a special bond with their kids, because they listen to understand, rather than listening to just have a reply.

---

Then again, the family is just full of twists.

The basement of their house was transformed into a gameplay room. Each got their own laptops for educational purposes, and they are all good students, even GD's kids are number 1 on their school charts. PERFECT ALL-KILL on their subjects. So, Dara and Jiyong decided to just give them a small token of appreciation, small meaning a renovation of that part of the house, plus the arcades, gadgets and computers. Nothing much just approximately hundred million won worth small token of appreciation.

It was summer before Mino’s senior high year, when the “mancave” was finished.

They only have one rule and that is it’s only accessible during weekends, when the school starts.They need to be responsible

Since it’s summer the kids played like crazy. They got addicted with a new trendy role-playing game. The amazing thing is Jisoo is close to ranking number one in the whole SK, that’s how good she is. Her other brothers are both in the top 10 overall, but she’s on another level.

_nabichoo: NOOBS.

ONEday: NOONA JJANG!!!!

realllllmino: HEOL. MONSTER!!!!!

Jisoo will always carry her brothers and will be the reason for their victory. A WOMAN.

Their dad finds it very funny how powerful his daughter is sometimes. She’s quite a gamer even with their PlayStation games she wins. But gurlie doesn’t play sports, like her mom. It has become their bonding, to the point of their mom’s annoyance. She hardly sees them with her watching tv because they’re all down the basement playing ever since it was all set up.

Dara already finished preparing their lunch and called their kids up five times already. The Kwons have their lunch by 12 noon sharp, it is an unwritten rule, when the clock strikes 12 nn, everybody goes to the dining table.

Jiyong even goes out of his cave at lunch, because he knows his wife. It makes her upset when they’re late or if someone skips. A very Dara-eomma thing she loves having meals with them so much she looks forward to cooking for them.

“Hey…” her husband saw how red her face is. “Call your children before I turn off the electricity downstairs.”she commanded. Her tone gave him an idea that she’s already upset. The children must’ve been ignoring her.

“mmkay!”he hurriedly went down. No questions asked, he just went down or else she might cuss him off.

The kids’ headphones are in full blast. “YAHHHH not there.”

“NOOONA, use your skill!!”

“OPPPA! STOP FARMING, TOWER HELLO?!!!!”

“HYUNG in here!in the MID.”

The yelling of his kids welcomed him, and he doesn’t understand. He tapped his eldest son, he got shun, “WAE?!” Tried his luck with the daughter, “heol stop!!”, then the maknae, “Aisht!”

That gave him a confirmation as to why his wife is annoyed. Their kids are too focused on their game. He grabbed Mino’s headphones.

“Yah! Lunchtime!”

Mino just turned his face but, “game is almost done appa!” went back to the computer. He tried watching what they’re playing but the graphics hurt his eyes. Gone are the days when he used to play too much too.

He remembered that his sons have nerf guns somewhere, he left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter