KUWTK 9: His Every Woman

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK9: His Every Woman

Every moment I spent with you is blindingly bright. Because the weather was good. Because the weather was bad. Because the weather was good enough. I loved every moment of it.

-Sandara Park, Kwon Jiyong’s Bride.

I remember when we first started, you already told me you wanted to marry me, and I told you it’s still too early, because we never know what the future holds. That we cannot throw promises, it holds too much. You told me, it’s not a promise because you KNOW. You’re not promising, you were TELLING me, just so I KNOW.

So…We always know…

There are a lot of idols out there but to me there’s only G-dragon.

Remember when they asked me who Kwon JIyong is to me and they were surprised when I answered them, he’s the love of my life. They had to cut it and YG sajang-nim called me up and said, “Are you crazy?!” There are millions of men out there but to me there’s only Kwon Jiyong. I choose to love only Kwon Jiyong. You are so many things for so many people. But to me you’re only my everything. You can be the celebrity amongst celebrities but to me you will always be the person that I love with no restrictions in this contract called lifetime. To me, you’re only you, you can be you because Kwon Jiyong will always be the truth. Every moment with you is the truth but baby, we will never end.

I will always choose to love you Jiyong-ah. Thank you for putting up with this pretty noona’s craziness. Thank you for calling me “you” and making me yours dropping all the honorifics, but picking up my heart. It was also the same time I have felt more alive. I will always believe in you, to the person you will become, to the husband and the father you’ll become.

This vow is not a promise, because this is what I am telling you. This is a privilege, indeed I am lucky girl, the luckiest rather, for I get to laugh and cry with you everyday forever. We will watch and re-watch more dramas, we will eat more ramen, I’ll try to like your vintage wine.

You are the greatest soundtrack life has ever played. You are the song I will never get tired of listening to.

We will fight but we will never give up. I wouldn’t let you anyway, we’re sealing it now.

No matter what happens, for richer or for poorer. In sickness and in health, to the boring realist, to that someone’s son, someone’s idol, that someone I called my love. I can’t, and I refuse to live without you. With this, butterfly will only choose to flutter her wings to you, because your beautiful heart emitted a love that captured her.

My three-lettered name should always make your heart flutter until whenever because Kwon Jiyong, your name alone, will always give me butterflies. Saranghae~

“Baaaabeeee, I really need that piece!!!” Jiyong whined to his wife who’s busily organizing their storage room, which is by the way full of million-dollar paintings and sculptures. She’s setting aside some of it to donate to the local art museum in Busan.

“You see all these?!” she glared at him, pointing to all the pieces that he bought. “Jiyong, you have been buying art pieces, displaying it for a good month or so then when you see another fine piece to your liking, you’ll throw millions to get it! Then just keep the other ones.” Typical men in their tax bracket collect cars but her husband collects art pieces, be it sculptures, pottery or painting, their house has lots of it. Choi Seunghyun and him sometimes go online to bid, and we’re talking about unlimited zeroes in here.

“Babeee!!!You really do not understand!” he was stomping like a kid. “I never said anything about you being a shopaholic!”

“At least I have a budget! I don’t go over 100,000,000 Won.”she dismissed. “This is for a good cause Jiyong, besides it only accumulates dusts.”she muttered sofly. Dusts are no good for their kids.

“Okay…I’ll let this go but babe, there’s this new art piece up for auction…” his wife did not let him finish.

“Stop it!!!You have enough Jiyong. Invest in something else!”

“Art pieces are investments babe!!!!” Dara can only roll her eyes, has he been listening? She did not say art pieces are not investments, but she cannot argue with his stubborn boney anymore.

“Instead of whining right there, check on your kids…” Dara pushed him out of the room without minding his protests.

“They’re sleeping!!!!”

“You’re getting into my nerves Kwon Jiyong!” she screamed and that took him by surprise but still tried his way to charm his wife. Dara turned her back on him and tried to continue where she left off.

“Soo---about the auction…Hey let’s compromise!!!” he grabbed her hand, so she can face him, he’s searching for her eyes that shoots lasers. “Compromise?! You go over billions when you join art auctions. Jiyong you have kids now…You have to save money.” She said sounding so upset.

His eyebrows quirked up because his wife acts as if they’re poor. As if they haven’t saved enough.

“Babeee, money can run out. We need to have enough for your grandkids as well…” she explained.

“You’re thinking way far ahead, your kids just started school…and Jisoo will not gonna get married off.” Jiyong stated as a matter of fact and he thinks wife is on her peak paranoia but wifey is the boss of the house.

She gave out a sigh, “Jiyong!” Her husband is stubborn most of the times. She’s honestly believes, Jiyong is her eldest child.

He can see her forehead’s crease doubling up because of frustration. He just pulled her into a hug, “Okay baby…I’ll let it go.” His wife has tempers and he knows she has been working hard in getting their house more child-safe hence the organizing. She’s sad too because two of their kids are allergic to cats so they had to let go of their pets.

“Finally, thank you!” she breathed out. She felt him squeeze her and kiss the top of her head. She heard him say how much he loves her. Her most favorite Jiyong is the husband she is seeing now, the one that showers her kisses and sweet nothings. The one who gave her the kids she loves more than anything in this world.

As they were hugging each other, Dara cannot help but feel scared too. She will always have this nagging feeling that they were too perfect and even people speculate at how peaceful they’ve been after years into the family life. Shrugging off the thought, she gave him a quick peck on the lips, “Go check on our babies, nappy time is over…” She heard him say okay and that she needs to finish the task because he will miss her.

Her heart jumped because Kwon Jiyong winked at her, and yes, their love is still on fire. So burn baby burn…

“Daddyyyy~, Jiyong heard Jaewon call him, “yes?!” he’s hoping a piggy back ride is not what he will be requesting. He’s had enough for the day. Good thing his maknae is just asking for another colored marker. He’s a houseband today because his dear wife has a meeting at YGE. In a week, Sandara will always go to her office and YG HQ thrice, but as always, her weekends will be off.

Their whole living room floor is covered with that big white paper. He’s playing a 2ne1 music video, and Jisoo will always lift her head from time to time to watch her mom whenever she hears her voice.

“Wooowww!Mino, is so good!” he exclaimed in amusement. His son at 6 years old can already draw a rough sketch of the dog they just saw at the park during their early morning walk.

“ehhhhh?!” he saw his daughter tilt her head to the TV’s direction, following her gaze, on TV it was 2ne1’s I love You being played. “Mommy is bald!?” she asked her dad. That made her brothers follow through, “Aniiiyooo, she has long hair Jisoo-yah!” Mino answered her.

“Noooo!Loook!!!” she pointed at the tv. “Mommy is very pretty, Daddyy!I want my hair like that!!”

Until now, his wife’s ethereal beauty will always leave him in awe especially when she smiles, bedazzling him yet again. His wife shined so bright on stage even when she’s covered with ridiculous clothes and heavy make up. Luckiest guy ever to have fathered her beautiful kids, the by-product of their DNA is just amazing. He really cannot help but spazz about their lovely kids from time to time.

He felt his youngest son’s small hands tugging his arms, “Appaaaa, draw another tree, I will color it!”

“Okayy!” he smiled and did what he was asked. Then his daughter came to his left side, holding his face, “apppa! I want my hair like Eomma’s hair on TV!”

“You want it pink?!”

“ANDWEHHH!”Jisoo gave out an annoying scream. Usually it is a warning sign for her usual dramatic tantrums, and his wife who gets to pacify her is not with them.

“Then what, chichoo-yah? Use your words properly please…” he muttered softly. “The one that was just showwwwn!” he heard her squeaked. He sometimes wonders if Dara is this whiney when she was a kid. But his mother-in-law will always say she’s well-behaved and very lady-like.

“Bansak hair…Mommy will not like that. She wants your hair long!” he answered his daughter. “But it’s not mommy’s hair, it is my hair.” He rolled his eyes and sighed, silently praying that his wife will be arriving home soon, so she can explain it to their princess why the half-shaved hair is not allowed.

“Jisoo-yah should listen to Appa…” Mino finally spoke, though he was still focused on drawing random things. Then it’s the start of the banters and the youngest just loves to take his hyung’s side making the daughter scream.

With a deep breath he dialed his wife’s number, “Babe…” he heard her laugh because the wife knows he only calls her to know when she’ll be coming back because the kids are getting uncontrollable. “What time are you coming home?!”

“Is that mommy?!!!” their kids asked simultaneously. He nodded, then all of them went up to him, “Mommmy!”

“When are you going home?!”

“I miss you!!”

“Mommy I watched you again. I like your hair.”

OH wow, he just cannot wait for the day to be over, their three kids are draining him, but ironically, he will never get tired of getting exhausted if it’s because of their lovelies.

---

“Tired?!” Dara asked. “The kids were extra energetic today?!” she buried her face into his chest as they snuggle on their king-sized bed preparing to sleep. “It’s okay…I just miss you. You’re gone for the whole day.” he softly admitted.

She rested her arms on his hips. She has been sighing for the whole time and it was not unnoticed by him. “Why?! Something is bothering you…what is it?! She heard him ask. They have been together for too long, they can always sense if something’s wrong, Jiyong once admitted that, his wife has different kinds of sighs and he knows all the meanings of it.

“Nothing much…I had lunch with Chaerin and Bom right?!Well--- your Maknae might be having an affair…” gazing up to him to see his eyes, “Do you know anything about it?! She asked.

“Seungri rarely even picks up my calls. Babe---let them solve their problems. Or you’re telling me this because you’re scared I might do the same…” he spat bitterly.

“It’s a possibility…” there is no point in lying to him, honesty should always be put first. They have been doing a pretty good job in being open to their feelings, especially Dara. She tends to keep all the little frustrations bottled up inside once she explodes the shards of those ill feelings are more damaging, that’s what they wanted to avoid.

“You do not trust me enough…” he is so annoyed. For years he has been a good man, he does not even go out much if she’s not with him.

Women and their ability to cloud each other’s minds. Jiyong loves his Bom noona and Chaerin like his own blood too but the effect of them on his wife is alarming. Women and teas…they’re quite a pair.

“You cannot blame me…my husband is still the number one. Many women would want you.” She tightened her hug to him. She’s thinking what if Jiyong ponders about how boring their life is, since he hasn’t been actively creating music and eventually get tired of taking care of her and their kids.

“They can want me…but would I want them?! Geezzzz. My wife and her worries.” He chuckled. He loves feeling wanted by Sandara Park, the SANDARA PARK. His mortal is wedded to a goddess, why would he want another mortal looking woman?!

“I’m saying…if we get to a point that you’re having an affair, I’ll file a divorce and I am getting my kids.” She threatened. He can only chuckle, “You worry too much, I only go out with you and the babies these days.” It was not a lie just to pacify her, it’s just how they turned out to be. The bond that Dara and Jiyong has can be spiritual too, the immense power of their souls radiates through and through. He sometimes cannot stand being away from her and the same for her. Come to think of it, Dara became more possessive after getting married and intensified when they had the kids. It all boils down to her having a broken a family, she always has this strong feeling of protecting the family and it has been her dream to create one that will never be broken by anything. Jiyong understood that, the paranoia and everything is all from that lifetime desire his wife has, to have a complete happy family, and this is a reason for him to be very cautious too in choosing the endeavours post-flexing life. He does not want his wife to be always up on her toes because of “scandals.”

Jiyong has been carefully living this mundane life and somehow agrees to his wife when it comes to not exposing much about it. He is cautious too because he wanted to be a great role model for his two sons, that’s why he isn’t afraid to show affection to his wife. He shows them how to treat a woman with respect and love. To his only daughter, he does not think someone is deserving of her hand in the future. He can only show her how a man should be treating her by how he treats his wife.

“I love you…” Everyday Dara will always tell him how much she loves him. Jiyong does the same. From the beginning of their days to the end, they will never forget saying their I love you’s.

Jiyong rarely even goes out, if he does some guesting or photoshoots, wife will be there behind the scenes, waiting for him to finish. Dara have become more of a businesswoman, she never knew she had it in her, the ability to run an empire and to flourish it, making her one of the most beautiful success stories.

Who would have thought that beneath her fragile image, is a powerful woman who saved YGE while BB was on hiatus? After acquiring most of the shares, since YANG Hyun Suk will be retiring, she earned herself a spot in the board of directors. Changing the whole system of YGE, which is playing favorites rather than nurturing the talents inside. YGE post-Yang Hyun Suk or the DARA PARK era in the company was when talents spurt in and out. From music to TV productions, and her amazingness in the biz was sealed when she connected or somehow made a partnership with her own DARA TV productions that focused on the other parts of ASIA. That is how she spread her wings.

She utilized her market and used all the means, and that is how they’re placed as one of Korea’s Richest.

After military, Kwon Jiyong is still a producer in YGE but aside from that PMO has been making its way to the mainstream global fashion market, earning a spot in fashion weeks. He was able to build a flagship store in Seoul and his products are sold in Nordstrom, Hudson’s Bay, Saks and many more in the west. His concept cafes are all a tourist spot because…DUH?! Gdragon cafés are as legendary as he is.

Putting Dara and Jiyong together do not only equate to a beautiful and thick chemistry but to also a massive success, hence up until their married life they are still as relevant, or even more than they were before. Putting them together just makes up power, they’re too powerful. Soulmates are powerful when in sync.

Jiyong has long been sealing his legacy but Dara is a revelation. Y’all can seethe and clench your teeth but unnie will always remain unbothered and rich.

In life, series of bumps will occur to test you, because that’s just how it is. Dara and Jiyong’s relationship has been life’s guinea pig. Luckily, the kids were only well…kids at that time when she released her inner or when someone tried but failed.

That one summer when their kids were still toddlers.

It was a time when Jiyong turned his focus on building a new project in Busan, in his wife’s hometown. How lovely eh?! It’s a café for her anyways. A monument, perhaps?! You see, he has a thing with his café being near beaches because they both love the smell of saltwater and the gentle winds that hugs their skins. It is a pattern for him, like Monsant and the Untitled 2017, both are in Jeju, that’s what makes his concept cafés have different distinct characters on it.

“What is this that I am hearing, that Lee Jooyeon invested in Jiyong’s project in Busan?!” Park Bom straight up asked her friend Dara. Park Bom made quite an entrance in their favorite restaurant after her schedule. She slumped her bag in front of Dara, and gave her a dirty look.

“Oh, hi there, Park Bom. How are you?!” she asked sarcastically. Dara have heard of it and its just how business is. Park Bom continued to eye her while she settles in her seat across of her.

Her friend ignored her,“She has money to invest?!” that made Dara laugh, Park Bom is just a character of her own. “Divorce settlements exist, Bommie.” She smiled. Bom is that one friend that holds grudges to Jiyong’s ex flings or ex “scandals”, as for her she does not have energy to even think about it and besides who got the ring in the end?! A diamond ring to be more specific.

Lee Jooyeon was able to marry someone beyond her tax bracket. Some big shot chaebol of an architectural company but they did not last long because the man is gay, hence she continued to be friends with her ex-husband.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter