KUWTK21: Scattered Petals

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK 21: Scattered Petals

Jisoo was comfortably sitting in her little sofa attached to her queen-sized bed, her laptop in her…err…lap. She was again browsing some interesting Sandara-Jiyong contents that were never buried by her mom’s power over the media. Her room is very cozy, there are shelves of the books she loves to read—the Harry Potter series, Murakamis, Game of Thrones and many more. Her own vanity table is not messy considering that she only got lip tints and a hairbrush because according to her dad “13-year olds do not need make up—especially when you’re Kwon Jisoo, Sandara Park’s daughter.” Hear Hear.

A couple of nights ago she discovered that her mom was an enlisted woman and very good in handling firearms. At the ride back home, her mom told her she was once on Real Men—with her Dad.

“DAEBAK!” even her oppa, Mino exclaimed. Their mom continues to surprise them everyday.

Jaewon had more questions but he asked his noona, “And you missed this information because...”

“Mom kind of buried it I guess?!” she’s unsure why for the first time her investigational skills are up for questioning. Who knows Sandara Park’s whereabouts, up to this day and age?!

--

The Kwon kids are living in the era wherein the unification of the two Koreas is being solidified, hence a bill of demolishing the mandatory military enlistment for men is being passed. The peace of two Koreas is their arms’ reach, but the public has mixed opinions on this. Dara and Jiyong wished for their kids to live in a peaceful country but even the family is divided. Dara likes the idea of not having any of her sons go inside for almost 2 years—she realized she had to experience saying goodbye 4 times from Jiyong, Sanghyun and then her two sons. She dislikes the idea of goodbyes like that. But Jiyong firmly believes that the discipline that comes with the training itself isn’t only about the threats of war.

The family is watching the evening news when the parents engaged into a debate.

“Honey—you know the training makes you stronger and it’s not only about the physical training, the mental training is good too!” he explained carefully.When we say carefully, careful enough not to strike a nerve that will make him sleep in the living room couch. Dara already had her arms crossed before Jiyong could even pull her closer to him.

“I don’t want Mino and Jaewon to go inside hell…” she muttered. It is an automatic reaction of a mother who for one, experienced it first hand, even if Jiyong argues that she was just there for a week. It was still hell.

The three kids just quietly watch and of course listen, “I meant—remember when they thought baby Harry defeated Voldemort, they thought it’s finally peaceful…” Jiyong knows how to engage their kids to this debate, yep. The three have read the series and watched the ty movies.

“If they knew Harry, just became his kinda--Horcrux…they shouldn’t be that relaxed…” Jisoo took the bait.

“Dumbledore knows…” Mino tried to pipe in. Jiyong is delighted at how his kids can relate the Harry Potter series to the current political debates. It easier explained and understood.

“So, do you agree with the abolishment of Military trainings? it’s been peaceful for years, but they still do rocket testings, like death eaters—just testing the waters before they attack.” Mino added in Dara snorted, “Voldemort is technically not human…?!” The matriarch has read and watched, it’s a Kwon family thing. It started with her younger brother Sanghyun, then Jiyong—then passed on to their kids.

Jaewon takes pride into being the only Gryffindor in the family said, “Harry Potter still needed the basic trainings in the Defence Against the Dark Arts—following that line of thought, even men who are brave, like me.a.k.a the only one here sorted into Gryffindor..” The arrogance in Jaewon’s statement was never meant to be hidden, much to his sister’s annoyance.

“Which we call a scam,” argued Jisoo who’s surprisingly a Hufflepuff like her mom. Dara knows and agrees she will be in Cedric Diggory’s house. Amused with how the whole debate unleashed the geek in all of them, Jiyong, a Slytherin, smirks on the sides that earned him an eyeroll from his wife. He loves this—he’s enjoying this.

Snickering at how Jisoo still bitter about her house, Jaewon even fistbumped his hyung, “Ravenclaw has the colors you liked hyung!”

“Mino-oppa is dumb, full offense!”

Dara hushed Jisoo, “Sweetie—you cannot talk like that to your oppa!” She lovingly tucked a little strand of stubborn hair behind her daughter’s ears.

“Mom! When there was a game during our summer camp,” Jisoo will never let go of her oppa’s mistake during their camp—“Your picture with the palm tree hair was flashed, and he called you someone else!” How can a son forget his own mother?! Just exactly how?!

“I was nervous and excited!!!!” it has been Mino’s excuse but even Jiyong felt the second-hand embarrassment. He can only shake his head, well first, he knows her nails even though Dara likes painting them.

So, the bickering begins about how Mino is a squib if ever they really are wizards. “I know for one, one of us will never receive their Hogwarts letter and that would be you,” spat Jisoo.

“No child of mine will be a muggle—” once and for all Jiyong tried to put a stop on the mess he created.

“Hey!” Dara instantly faced her looking so offended, “So what if one of our kids is a muggle?! We’re both muggle borns!” she winked right after. Jiyong can only sneered, his wife is amazing.

Jaewon, the only sane one, asked his mom why she doesn’t like the idea of the mandatory training, “You survived mom…”

“Barely!” she beamed at her youngest. She shed a lot of tears during her stay in the military but good thing Jiyong was inside.

“I barely survived too…when your mom was inside.” It was difficult for Jiyong to see and hear about Dara’s struggles inside the training base. It was a huge surprise for him when after almost three months inside he heard about Real Men 300 filming, some of his mates were excited but he just shrugged it off. He most would rather be finishing his service quietly, but again his wife is just full of surprises. He did not even have time to check on the net. The solace of not being in the public’s judging gazes has been fantastic. All he thinks about is Sandara, he’s still up in the clouds whenever someone randomly congratulates him for being married to the most amazing woman on Earth

Article: Sandara Park to enter White Skull for Real Men 300.

[+4512, -15] DAEBAK!It’s like a We Got Married crossover, but they really got married!\

[+3458,-77] Heol—Kwon Jiyong’s wife, fighting!!!!

[+2100,-23] Noona!Fighting!!!! She still works hard even though GD-hyung is her husband.

[+1056,-10] Why would this beautiful noona, go inside hell?! Anyways, fighting Jiyongie-hyung,too!

[+904,-8] I hope they get GD’s reaction when he sees her. This is exciting!!!

The buzz on the filming of the infamous military reality show was too loud, they have been speculating whose current girl group member will be joining, “Anyone from SNSD will be nice too!”

Jiyong continued to eat his breakfast while just nodding occasionally when some recognize him. He is not in the mood to join in. Never in his right mind will he think about Sandara joining though. Although she keeps popping up in his mind.

“I heard Park Bom, will be joining in but in a different camp.” He chuckled at the mention of his noona. Park Bom? ROKA is in for a rude awakening.

“We got no corns here noona…”

He remained minding his own business until their first task for the day was about to start. It was a clear morning, and everyone seemed to be in their good moods. It might be because of the news of women coming in for a week to train. The lack of female in the camp gets their hormones high, he’ll plead guilty if he denies how he misses Sandara’s kisses. And her hisses…

He needed to bone.

BONE!

 

BONE!!!

 

BONE!!!

 

He sighed and mentally counted the days remaining until his next holiday. He needs to bone the heck out of her (for the lack of a better phrase). He finished the morning exercise in daze, but he came to love the military life, he loved exercising and he knows Hwangsabu-nim will be proud. The mundane life in the camp flies by so fast, this day has been hectic. They continued their weapon training—he’s getting so good in handling guns, always hitting the bull’s eye. He was rewarded some time to check on his phone and slid a message to his wife.

“Hello—yeobo. I missed you.”

“You will not be missing me for the coming days…”

“I don’t think so. You’re wrong.”

Wives are never wrong. It was brave of Jiyong to tell his wife wrong.

“I love you—but yeobooo, you will not miss me as much.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter