KUWTK17: Their Own

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK17: Their own.

 

In which Kiko Mizuhara will always remain to be THAT but only THAT .

In the façade of a perfect marriage there will always be a dark secret that married couples choose to forget, like how Dara and Jiyong’s sudden amnesia on that part. After that, it was never talked about. Nobody dares to bring it up. No matter how many years have passed it will always make Dara rigid, seeing how she gets stiff when she hears or sees something related to the other woman, Jiyong will forever be guilty not because he did something unforgiveable, it’s simply because she got hurt.

No—this isn’t another episode wherein Kwon Jiyong will be a cheating husband. That’s boring and expected, y’all should think of the man higher than that.

He’s just misunderstood. This isn’t another Itaewon case or a Jeju island conspiracy care of Dispatch.

This is just a story of irrational jealousy and baseless speculations. Theories and connecting the dots. Also, Park Bom getting ahead of herself, punching Jiyong—good thing Top and Daesung were able to stop her before she breaks his bones beyond recognition.

Tea was stale, but Dara got third degree burns.

--

Gangnam, Seoul- Imperial Palace Seoul

Sandara Park can be seen with a tight grip on her phone, looks like she’s waiting for a call. “Babe—breathe…the kids are okay. They’re with my parents.” Jiyong comforted her. It’s one of those rare nights when she must be away from her three kids. Jaewon is still 18 months old, the maknae cannot be pacified without eomma, that’s why she’s more anxious. “Noona is also there. You relax—you have to deliver a speech too.” That reminder made her more anxious. Thanks Hubby.

“My Jaewonie is not crying yet?” she’s confused. Jiyong stifled a laugh, “Ohhh. They do not miss you anymore!!!”

“Andweeh!!!” she whined and dialed Dami’s number again. He clicked his tongue, “Stop it…love.” She could only pout. He’s right, she must focus on her speech.

They are quietly situated in an area away from other guests of the five-star hotel. The couple took the back entrance, they intentionally avoided the red carpet of this gathering. Seoul is chosen to be the host of an elite business convention—being one of the most influential figures of the country’s modern business arena, Kwon Jiyong and Park Sandara will always get listed as VIPs of these kinds of gatherings.

Sandara Park looks literally like a fallen angel in her white off-shoulder Balmain dress, it just how she opted to gather her hair in a bun, if she curled her hair and let it fall on her shoulder, it’s over for everyone. A tinge of light gold and brown smokey eye makeup, a pink blush and a rosey-pink glossy lipstick to finish her overall look--her glow can outshine Seoul City night lights. Kwon Jiyong looks dapper in his all gray Tom Ford suit, matched with a white necktie to match the wife.

They’re visually pleasing, they’re a picture of love and the aesthetics for success. GOALS.

Jiyong has been admiring her when she stepped out of the shower—his heart was out of words when she finished her whole ensemble. “Yayyyy!Mineeee.”

He yanked his worried wife, “eottokke Jiyong-ah, I miss them!!!” he heard her whined. For the millionth time, already.

It’s not even 5 hours yet since his Dami noona picked up their babies, Dara cried…right now it’s her having a separation anxiety. He ignored her grumblings, and she’s been fidgeting her phone waiting for updates from her sister-in-law.

He wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. “Congratulate me first…” he whispered with his lips touching her ear.

“Omooo!You won something?! Let me guess, producer of the year?! Ohhh!—” she turned her head to see the look in his eyes.

“You.” His voice was husky and full of air that tickled her, both literally and figuratively. To further add the fluttering of her heart, his eyes were soft.

“HEOL!!!” Dara smiled and chuckled. She was just cheesed. She gave him a light punch on his chest, who allowed him to be cutie like that?!

They were nearing the entrance of the function hall, “My wife is just very beautiful tonight…I feel like I needed to be congratulated.” The husband is being illegally cute, for real.

“Aigooo.” She was out of words. There are so many moments when her husband makes her heart hurt so good.It was bad…the bad meaning good. That sort of confusing feelings, even after all these years they make each other question the emotional bylaws. Is there really a love like this? A love that will make all the negative emotions turn into positive ones. A love that only them can understand?! A love they can call their own?!

They were then ushered to their table before he can even respond. They may not have noticed it, but everyone’s head turned their way. Quite the norm.

“You look handsome too, young man.”

He bit his inner cheeks to stop himself from smiling, “Thanks ahjumma.” He heard her hiss, he said she’s the ahjumma who buys him food. She was able to elbow him on his sides, “I’m sorry ahjumma with pointy elbows.”

“NOONA.” She corrected. It’s not new to him that Dara is actually very sensitive when it comes to their , but to be fair she roasts him to—about his hairline, baldy ahjussi.

As they get to their table, they gave their tablemates a bow, Jiyong automatically pulled her chair for her, she muttered her thanks. He positioned his whole body to her way, putting his elbows on the table and chin on hand. The wife gave him a look, “What?!” Dara widened her eyes, questioning the mischief in her husband’s eyes, his lips upturned into a smirk.

“Marry me again, Sandara Park…” his voice is pure honey. His voice tickled her heart, she loves being loved like this. He stared her down, with pure intensity. She felt that, she bit her lips while she slightly turned her head on him, smiling sheepishly, “When do you want it to happen?” He snorted, why are they being so perfect tonight is beyond him.

His heart is happy, everyday with her has been bliss, then they have kids too…Beyond perfection.

“I love you…” she winked, and it was an attack like how she mumbled those words during his second IG live. Jiyong will always be surprised when she’s like this, so open—“Yah!!!That’s--!” she can only giggle at him, his eyes roamed around, and the other occupants of the table avoided him. It was a confirmation that they’re being watched. Does he care?!Not really, but his wife’s cuteness should only be seen by him.

It was but a rare sight to see Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong out in an event like this, with no managers just their powerful selves. The event is exclusive for the important business personalities but still they’re beautiful, they’re nice for the eyes, making everyone in the room look at them.

Head turners, truly.

Hearing the announcement of the host of the night that the event will start in a few minutes, Jiyong straightened up, and Dara did the same. Both pulled themselves out of their own world, she scanned the room. There were familiar faces who waved at her, she just smiled when acknowledged. There will be time to socialize later, she thought.

While they’re in the middle of being lovey-dovey, a certain woman got people’s attention too. In her iconic short-hair, she was dressed in black Alexander Wang halter dress, ugh. She’s powerful too, she made a name for herself earning the spot in this business gala. Office Kiko boomed in Japan, and now she’s up to expand in Asia.

It was as if Sandara shot some lasers when their eyes met, indeed she was familiar. Her heart thumped when she saw her smiled like a witch who perfected her potion. She turned her face to her husband who’s looking upfront. That pang of pain her heart felt, made her out of breath.

She gave a loud sigh, “What’s wrong?!” he asked immediately. “Are you having some before the speech jitters?!” Jiyong took her hand and caressed it lovingly before pressing a light kiss on it. His action soothes the pain her heart felt, “Weird.”

“You’ll do well!” his signature smile is too cute. But her eyebrows knit together made him question, what made Sandara Park’s face turn dark.

“What’s wrong…” he asked again, she was roaming her eyes earlier, and he did the same. Behold, two tables away from them, on his left was the reason for Dara’s sudden shift of mood. He turned away immediately, “Ah.”

“Look ahead.” She muttered under her breath.

“Aigooo…my wife.” He found the humour in this situation, for sure it will be talked about in tomorrow’s showbiz news. The motherers would die for this exclusive scoop.

Jealous Sandara Park is rare, and only Kiko can tug that emotion from her. He was linked to a lot of other women, but Dara knows he liked Kiko and she hated that fact. She hated it because she gave them a chance. She despised how she gave him a reason to have someone else to care for.

She felt his hands, entwining hers. She looked at him, the damned man is smiling. “You seemed so happy, Mr. Kwon.” He gave her a squeeze, “After your speech we’ll go home. There are so many unnecessary thoughts on your mind, I can see that.”

“Why are we being such party poopers, my dear?” there was a clear mocking emphasis on the dear. “We’ll finish this party.” She spoke with finality and Jiyong did not try t persuade her. Note that she was so anxious about leaving their kids earlier, now she wanna party?! Beloved…what is you doing?!

Jiyong chose to not say anything else, and the MC of the night saved him by the greetings, a signal that the night will officially begin.

Is it going to be a long night?! He hopes it isn’t.

Sandara delivered a speech and she was able to carry herself with classy elegance. She’s soft spoken but empowered, long gone the cutie patootsie image for she gave them a woman radiating with power, success and intelligence. Kwon Jiyong did not take his eyes off her, he’s proud of the woman that she has become. The little voice in his head was shouting “You goo bestfriend.”

He knows Dara will be searching for his eyes, he mouths “saranghae” from time to time. She cannot help but grin. Her inner cheeks are close to having blisters because she needed to stop from beaming like a high schooler in love. Husband Jiyong makes her feel so young, she loves him.

The formal program of the event is already finished and it’s time to socialize, tall glasses of sparkling champagne are being served. The two never left each other’s side as they talk to other businessmen. Some are already giving them hints on mergers or if they still accept CFs.

She tapped her husband shoulders, “I’ll go to the washroom…” she whispered because god damn Kiko Mizuhara, made her blood boil even just by breathing close to them, she needs some air. Jiyong excused himself too, “I’ll go with you…” She stopped him for she knows Jiyong is already talking to one of the biggest supplier of textile— “I can go alone, you better get a merger after.” She grinned at him, he nodded, “I’ll follow you if it took you too long.”

Jiyong is on the journey of turning his focus on PMO, she knows his ideals and aspirations on that company. He wanted to support small time textile factories. He’s even studying how to make fabrics from scratch. Somebody told him about a businessman who has the same principles as him when it comes to fair trades, (note: Untitled Cafés are already on fair trades when it comes to coffee.) he wanted to do exactly what he’s doing to his coffees, to his textiles. Cloths are from raw materials like cotton, silk, etc. There are millions of farmers in Asia that will benefit on PMO too.

In a way, he’s quite hesitant in venturing into deep without a proper knowledge, that’s why he needed to infiltrate the biggest textile company or just be chummy with Dong Hyeok’ Co.ltd. Unfortunately, Dong Youngbae is not part of the lineage of the company’s founder, but the son, the current CEO, Dong Yong Jin is in this gathering.

Being GDragon has raked the benefits when the CEO casually shook his hand, telling him his sister was a huge fan of Bigbang. “Thank God I am Biiiigbang…” The guy has the same height as him and he’s very pleasant, and you can hear the humility on the way Dong Young Jin talks. He instantly liked the guy, he knew they’d be perfect business partners.

At first the man was asking him about Sandara and his children, just the casual conversation. He’s listening half-heartedly because he’s thinking of ways on how to get into the business talks, and Dara just left. With a champagne on hand, he nods his head as he let the guy do all the talking. It has been a good 6 minutes when his wife left, he turned his head to search for the way to the washroom. It only took him one turn of the head to lose a potential business partner, some other businessman greeted the guy and Dara is still missing. He took it as a cue to search for her.

“Hey…” he heard someone, quite familiar. Then he faced the owner of the voice, it was her. The one and only. He quirked an eyebrow up.

“Long time no see, my dear. “she giggled. He rolled his eyes on her, why is she pulling such clownery at an elite event. This isn’t the smelly--reeked of temptation, night clubs he usually goes to before he became a married man. He did not respond and did not even acknowledge her. Without uttering any word, he walked down to find Dara. But then Kiko followed suit.

“What’s the rush?!”

“I don’t want to talk to you.” He slammed, he can be rude at times.

“For old times sake…”

“You mean for old time’s mistake?!” he stopped and decided to confront her. Kiko in her bright red lipstick gave him a flirty smile and a cackle that made him pissed. Her face flushed, she must’ve been drinking, since the start of the event.

“Don’t go…I don’t have anyone to talk to here.” Kiko yanked his arm.

“I am with my wife…It clearly isn’t my problem…” then he removed her hands. Turned his back on her and went ahead. He smells trouble,” Heeeeey!” she slurred. It was fallen into deaf ears. He will ignore thy woman for his woman will fight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter