KUWTK5: OH CHICHOO

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK 5: Oh Chichoo!

The moment Kwon Jiyong laid his eyes on his daughter, warmth embraced his whole being. He really wanted a daughter for he loves his wife so much, he wanted a baby girl that would look like her. The universe conspired a year and 3 months after Kwon Mino, Jisoo was born.

They hate to admit it but she’s a product of their midnight quickie while their by then 6 months old son was sleeping.

“Babe…I think I am pregnant.”she said to Jiyong who was busily playing with their son on the floor. “Jjinja?”he stood up and cupped her face, “Really?” He can see Dara’s worried face.

“I said I think!!!” Mino suddenly reached for his mom’s leg, as if asking for her attention. He can now blabber “ma” and “pa” Dara grabbed him to hold him in her arms.

“Yesss baby?!Aigooooo.” she snuggled him like there’s no tomorrow.

“What made you think you’re pregnant?!” Jiyong wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist and pulled her closer, which made Mino be right in the middle of their hug. “I just think so…”

“Should I call your doctor and set an appointment tomorrow?!” he queried.

“ppppaaah!!!Ppaaa!” Mino called, really vying for their attention. Dara gave the kid to his dad. Mino snuggled to his Dad’s shoulder, blabbering incoherent words or some baby language.

It is good to save up more than enough for their lives, Jiyong and Dara both can just work from home making them focus on their child. Therefore, Mino has an equal attachment for both. Dara cannot be thankful enough to her husband who has been attentive and patient especially during the times when her body gives up on her. She gets frustrated easily and latches out on him whenever she cannot produce milk. She had a lot of breakdowns. The doctor and many other people have warned him about post-partum depression. There was never a time when Jiyong thought of giving up on her.

“But I feel fine…” she softly muttered. “Might as well go get checked.”He said firmly.

“Nevermind.” She dismissed the idea because she did not feel the usual signs of pregnancy.

“You sure?!”

“Yes babe.”

“You know we’re going to the doctor the day after tomorrow for Mino’s check up…Let’s see.” He gave her a soft smile and turned his attention to his son who’s pinching his chin. “Aigoooo!You like Appa’s chin?!Huuhhh?!”

Dara really cannot tell, she hasn’t gotten her period yet since she had Mino. She has been feeding him and it was just recent since her son started to take solids. They say that when you feed, your regular cycle might take awhile to comeback. She knew about Mino through instinct, but this time might be different. At least, she has a lot of cravings at that time and morning sickness was awful.

She got checked, two days after and it was confirmed. Kwon Jisoo is on her way and at that time, Dara and Jiyong have no idea how she will turn their world upside down. Their girl is just…too much.

Sandara Park and 13-year old Kwon Jisoo in WKorea Cancer Awareness Annual Event.

Kwon Jisoo’s Stunning Visuals.

Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong’s Superior Genes: Daughter, Kwon Jisoo can stop a war with her smiles.

Kwon Jisoo charmed the nation with her heart-shaped smile.

Kwon Jisoo’s appearance with her mom, alone, can generate hundreds of articles. She was 13 years old when Dara asked her to be a plus-one on an official event. There was quite a discussion with her Dad about it two nights before the occasion…

Once a month, Dara tries to cook Filipino food and tonight it was Adobo that her family loves. She was even surprised when even her picky eater husband liked it. As usual she always let’s them eat first because she loves to see their reactions.

“Mommy!This is good!” exclaimed her eldest.

“Eooommmaa JJang!!!” Jisoo gave her two thumbs up. Her maknae just gave her a smile.

“You’re the best!” Jiyong pinched her cheeks in front of their kids. Their kids always witness their sweetness. She never really felt shy to show affection to them.

“Thank you!” she gave them a bow. Which made them laugh.

Jisoo answered her,“No mom, thank you!”

“Saranghaeyooo!---C’mon eat!”

Dinnertime is MC Jisoo time, she talks too much as per her brothers.

“Babe—”Dara turned faced her husband sitting on her left, he gave her a glance. “Yes?!”

“Jisoo and I are going somewhere the day after tomorrow.” He wiped his lips with the table napkin, and leaned on his chair, folding his arms. Confused, “You have the event that night…”

“Yes. Jisoo is coming with me.”

“NO.” He dismissed immediately. Not liking his tone, she looked around to see how their children tried to just mind their own business, but not their daughter though. She’s watching them. Dara smiled, and faced her husband again, “What do you mean by no?”

“It is an official event. A public one, are you really going to feed our daughter to those dogs?!” Jiyong is still bitter with the SK’s media, it gives him the bad tastes of the past when they continued to play him dirty. Play all his friends dirty. He really hates the idea of his daughter being the center of news when all they’ve been doing was live a very normal life.

“It is a Women’s event…”

“I am okay Dad!” Jisoo interjected. “But I am not Kwon Jisoo…finish your food.” He mumbled.

“Heoll!Why are you so mad!?” Jisoo gave him a pout. Jiyong’s eyes turned into slits. He hates how his daughter thinks she owns the world.

Dara hushed Jisoo, she tends to be too sassy for her dad’s liking. “Babe, we’re not walking in the red carpet, we’re just attending the dinner and that’s it.” She assured her husband that they will not be flashed with cameras, she shares the same sentiments as him. She will not let her daughter be out there yet.

“Dara---” That alerted the three kids. Jiyong only uses their mom’s name when he’s upset. Seeing that her children already felt their dad’s foul mood, “Babe…We’ll talk later. Let the kids finish their dinner.”

“Eomma, ignore us. Continue with the arguments.”

“Ya!Jisoo-yah!”Mino had to intervene and stop his sister. “Noona, finish your food.” Jaewon softly muttered. Jisoo rolled her eyes on her brothers.

The two sons really wanted to stop their sister for being too sassy for her own good. She needs a filter. should be stitched.

“Ay wae?! It’s healthy to fight for couples you know. It’s normal!” Jisoo stated, she shrugged even gestured to her parents to continue.

Jiyong was not impressed.

“Kwon Jisoo, tonight is not the night to test my patience.”she heard her dad say.

Jisoo took an inhale, and she needs to say her piece.

“Appa! You’re being unreasonable, I know mommy is going to an event about cancer awareness, it is for women. With all due respect, Daddy, you’re not a female, not a woman so I don’t know why we should be discussing it with you. I am a woman I need to know about these things. If you’re worried about me getting mobbed, well dad, we’re getting mobbed by these reporters ever since…”

Mino and Jaewon can only shake their heads, not planning to get involved. They looked at each other as if regretting that they did not pull her out of the dinner table earlier.

Jiyong raised her eyebrow to his daughter, “You are not going.”he said with finality in his voice.

“That’s just your ego talking daddy.” He chuckled but he bit lips, “Jisoo, know who you’re talking to.” Dara let out a sigh, she better be in the middle. She knows her husband dislikes being wrong, but he does not need to know.

“Babe---What Jisoo is trying to say is, she’s fine and old enough to make her decisions.” Dara reached out for his clenched hands, appeasing her husband before turning her head to her daughter. “And Jisoo, no matter how right you are you cannot talk to your dad like that, apologize now.”

Jisoo stood up and went to her dad gave him a hug, “Sorry daddy, I love you.” That’s the thing about their daughter, she’s quite the charmer. Jiyong had a déjà vu suddenly, Jisoo is so much like her mom, they trigger him to depths of his sanity but they’re the only ones who can calm his nerves. Dara can only chuckle on the side, he is no much against Jisoo’s charms no matter how she manages to get into her appa’s nerves.

“Appa, is so weak against Noona. Jjinja!” Jaewon whispered while shaking his head. Jisoo stuck out her tongue to her brothers. “Meeehrooong! I am cute!!!”

“You are annoying!” said Mino.

Jisoo scowled, “great story oppa, tell me more!”

“AISHT!”

Just like that, the dinner became normal.

Dara and Jiyong raised intellectuals with warmth. They raised them to be vocal about what they feel, and opinions are totally welcome but must be treated with mutual respect. Jisoo turned out to be the most opinionated and the brave one out of the three. She’s very honest and Jiyong blamed it on how Dara listened to CL and Bom’s album at that time when she’s pregnant with Jisoo. His daughter has Bom’s 8D personality, CL’s fearlessness and Dara’s beauty. His daughter is OT3 2ne1. Jiyong does not know if he should be happy or what for the 3 women of 2ne1 are a crazy bunch. He voiced out his concerns about their daughter to his wife.

In a silk bathrobe, his wife was found sitting on the edge of their king-sized bed, putting some lotion that emits a fruity scent on her milky white skin. He threw himself on their bed making it bounce, “Yahhh!”

He made himself comfortable, “What now Kwon Ji Yong?!”. Sighing, “Babe, Jisoo is unstoppable.” His wife laughed, “So?!”

“She does not scare you?!”

“No. My daughter is a bright woman. You should be proud babe…”

“I am but she’s scary.”

“heolll. No wonder…she can smell your fear.” She stood up to put the lotion back in their bathroom. Jiyong scooted and gave her an empty space. Not a few seconds later she came into his view again, Dara removed her bathrobe, revealing a very y sleeveless, silk night gown. She joined him on their bed, he automatically caged her in his arms. “You smell so nice baby.” Drawing back a little bit Dara observed the face of her husband, “I love you.” Lifting a finger, she started to trace the contours of his face, Jiyong can only follow her tiny fingers. He proceeded to kissing her forehead, then her nose, her cheeks, then softly kissed her lips. It was soft and loving. “I love you more. Goodnight my love.”

“Goodnight.”

Dara heard familiar footsteps, she can hear someone picking the locks of their bedroom door. She went out of her husband’s embrace and checked the time on their bedside table. 4:30 am. Their 13-year-old daughter developed a habit of sneaking her way to their bedroom to sleep in the middle of them. Standing up, Dara, quietly went on her way to open the door for Jisoo.

Jisoo jumped a little, she’s surprised that her mom, welcomed her. “Eomma~.”

“Chichooo-yah~”Dara smiled when she felt her daughter’s arms embracing her waist. “I can’t sleep.”she heard her muttered.

“Okay…come. Sleep with Eomma and Appa.” She guided her to their bed. “Shhh.” Jiyong rolled into a new sleeping position, “Your appa, woin’t be able to sleep again if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter