KUWTK19 Vogue and Boujee Pt.2

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK19: Vogue and Boujee pt. 2

In Richness, and in lux. To love with glamour.

A promise of eternity, a vow of forever.

Relevance, they breathe that. Happiness, they did that.

What is the secret in keeping the hearts alive despite of being watched by the media, the public and the rest of the world? They remained the most unbothered celebrity family.

Vogue sat up with the Kwon Family, all dressed in couture pieces. They made the wearable arts their own, it’s as if they’re the muses of Versace, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Chanel

It is an honour to be working with Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park along with their children, Mino, Jisoo and Jaewon. The very first, exclusive magazine interview of the whole family.

V: A family magazine shoot, is it in anyone’s bucket list?!

Jisoo: OF COURSE! Growing up, I have seen my mom and dad’s magazines. I wondered as a kid, if someday I get to be with them. And here we are.

Sandara: It was a wishful thinking, but I felt it was too early but seeing some of the b-cuts, I realized it is quite too late. They are pros!! Our children are beautiful.

V: Are they all in cutie line?!

Jiyong: Heol!!!All of them are cutie line, I am the only one in my wife’s swag swag line!

Sandara: Omoooo! Honey, you can be cutie line sometimes too you know!

The Kwon family laughs wholeheartedly, it’s quite weird even their boisterous laughs sounded like another Gdragon masterpiece which has been co-produced by his wife. Their artists, their children of course. Mino and Jaewon just happily listens as their parent and sister answer questions.

V: is there any plans for Mino and Jaewon to debut as celebrities?

Mino: Aren’t we quite the celebrities already?! (laughs)

Jaewon: None—but we’re young, dreams can change.

 

Jiyong and Dara are good speakers, but their three kids showed that indeed they were born and raise under a loving and a disciplined household. When asked about the pressures of carrying their father’s name here’s what they have to say.

Mino: Our parents never made us feel any status—they never made us feel that we must be someone else to be loved. Both are supportive in terms of our art or the path that we will be choosing to take.

Jisoo: No pressure at all. Eomma and Appa will always make us feel good to be different, that it is okay to think differently. They have always been the representation of breaking barriers to set trends. Like Oppa said, they have never been the type to tell us “Yah…be like this or that.”

Jaewon: They are both the inspiration and the aspiration growing up. They inspire my art—my writing, instead of being afraid of being compared to my Dad’s way of writing songs or mom’s beauty, I take it as a compliment. Hey it’s Gdragon and Sandara who wouldn’t wanna be compared? I am just lucky I am their son, the probability of our names being next to each other is POSSIBLE!

Sandara Park clapped her hands, looking like a proud mama that she is, while Kwon Jiyong just nods his head as he listens to his kids answers.

We been knew, YOU’RE raising them well!

Jagiya, I know it was bound to happen,

The only question is when?

Falling in love with you was a question of when,

Never of the how because you’re a beautiful person. It’s easy to fall head over heels.

The first time you look my way, I know I’m done.

It’s done.

I figured, I already met the person that will make my heart swell, but the question is until when?

I don’t want you answering me with “for awhile.”

It’s not funny, ahjumma.

Or “Probably for a long time.”

Cut the “for awhiles” and your “probably’s”

Love me forever.

 

Remembering how they revealed--it wasn’t through any media outlets. Their agency need not to confirm if they really are going out. However, it was personal and special, it broke the internet and somehow a good fraction of each of their fans’ hearts were shattered. Overall, that day was imprinted to be one of the happiest days of their lives.

Sandara: Omooo. That’s a long long time ago. Normally, things that we do when we were younger could make you nauseous.

Jiyong: Example, our first Hello stage!

Sandara: Yah!!!—It’s cute, what are you saying…He proposed to me after his last Motte Concert, babe it was in Taipei right?!

Jiyong: Heol. She forgot, yes ahjummeonim it was in Taipei!!!

 

Kwon Jiyong is spiralling, meaning he’s making the Bigbang members pull an all-nighter, which made Daesung murmured, “Unreasonable.”Reason: That’s what spiralling does to him.

Re:Reason to the Spiralling, y’all know soon.

“Jiyong-ah,” called Youngbae, “we’re all tired and the track is beyond perfect.”

Still sitting behind the controller’s desk, Jiyong muttered, “Not to me.” On his left was the maknae, fidgeting his cellphone, even without looking at Seungri, he knows, the younger guy is already texting Sandara, “Do not bother your Dara-noona. When I say we must do the refrain again, we have to do it.”

“Hyungggggg,” Seungri whimpered.Top who’s quietly observing Jiyong since the beginning of their day, chuckled. Daesung side-eyed the eldest, “Hyung…” calling him out, the eldest is fearless and that will not help them.“Yah…I saw the ring. It looks nice, “Top casually brought it up.“RING!?” Seungri exclaimed. A puzzled Youngbae rummaged Jiyong’s bag, and there he saw a red velvetbox, housing a diamond ring, “Are you going to propose?!”

“Yes…” Jiyong weakly admitted.

“WHEN?!”

“WHERE?!

“WHO?!” Daesung asked, “Seriously?!”Youngbae gave him a light punch, “DOPE…Ring. Congratz!”

“Do not jinx it!!!” Jiyong knows he already acquired the color of a tomato. “I asked her mom and her siblings first.” It took him a lot of disguises and travel times to go and meet her family, because owning a matte black Lamborghini will blow his cover. The hungry bald vultures a.k.a Dispatch will devour him alive with this information.

“Heol!Sanghyun gave you his blessing?!” Seungri asked. Bigbang’s maknae and the Park’s maknae are closer than any living body thinks. “Sanghyun still wanna punch you tho!?” Seungri muttered, recalling how just two nights ago, Dara’s brother randomly said, “I want to punch Jiyong-hyung so bad.” Note: Drunken words are sober thoughts.

“I was terrified…” Sanghyun gave him a smirk while Dara’s mom and sister cried and said their congrats

in advanced.

“Okay—case closed. If you’re making us stay because you’re afraid to ask her tonight, ask her next time,Choi Seunghyun waved. He grabbed his leather messenger bag, preparing to leave. That became the cue for the dongasengs to leave, except for Dong Youngbae. His bestfriend was smiling too much, “Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter