KUWTK14: Time and Space

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK14: Time and space

Article: Gdragon spotted on a date with a woman that is not Sandara Park

[+5891,-56] HEOLLLLL! Clickbait! It’s Kwon Jisoo!

[+2657,-48] OMOOOO! She’s so pretty!!!!

[+1547,-41] Rumor has it, that she’s training to be Miss Korea.

[+965,-38] She’s really on a different level. So, ing pretty!!!

[+789,-25] Beautiful!!!

“Dad!!Can you pleaseeee please talk to MOM.” Jisoo waited for their father-daughter date night to ask permission. Her friend Jennie asked her to spend their March break in New Zealand. Rose and Lisa already said yes. She’s the only who hasn’t accepted the invite. So here she is begging his dad to say yes or vouch for her to the mom.

“I did not even say yes yet.” Jiyong is enjoying his medium-rare steak, even ordered the most expensive wine. He just wanted to try the kind that cannot be found in their wine cellar at home. Jisoo pouted and gave him her signature puppy dog-eyes that he’s weak against.

“New Zealand is too far, if it’s Japan, I will even let you use our plane.”

“Daddddd! We always go to Japan!!!PLEASEEEEEEE! All my friends are coming! Jennie has a private plane too!” Convincing her dad is easier than wooing her mom. That’s a laid-out fact in the household.

Jiyong sipped his red wine, “It’s a NO for me, Kwon Jisoo.” He can clearly see his daughter pouting, but he can only chuckle.

“SO UNFAIR!” she whined. Really, her brothers never asked their parents for something as big as this. Kwon Jisoo just wanted to use her unica hija card to their parents.

“We’ve been there--- in Auckland, right?!” Jisoo nodded. They always have their family trips outside Korea anyway, at her age she already travelled around the world.

“It’s different!”

“Sorry, baby girl. Eomma will be flooding you with messages anyway. You don’t get to enjoy.” He cupped his daughter’s face comforting her. Still sporting a pout Jisoo, just forked the steak that her dad already sliced for her.

“How’s school?” he asked. He felt compelled to ask about school, not like any of his children are bad students, they’re in fact always rank on top.

“Easy.” She mumbled, enjoying the food.

“How was the book you were reading?!” not taking his eyes off his princess, which is still looking sulky.

“Which one?! I finish two books in a week, appa. Anyway, I am reading a manga.” She tried her best to look bored because Daddy is a weak male when it comes to her. Sulking is a last resort.

Jiyong let out an exasperated sigh, his daughter seems to have lost interest because of disappointment, “Okayyyy.Okayyy. I’ll ask your mom. But if she says no, I can’t do anything about it.”

Jisoo squealed and right away gave her appa a hug, “Thankkkkk youuuu!”

He wanted to burst her bubbles immediately because he knows his wife will say NO right away. His daughter went back to her bubbly self when he told her that he’ll talk to his wife. So, they went on with their lovely dinner, his daughter never runs out of stories to tell.

“Daddy, when will I be allowed to date?!” The question made him rigid. Jisoo grew up to be a goddess plus her brilliance, he prepared himself for the day when a man will bravely ask for her hand. To be blunt, two years in active duty is a training for protecting his daughter.

Jiyong blinked, totally dazed out.

“DAD?!” Jisoo called him out. She bursts into sniggers for the look on her dad’s face was epic. That mere question paled him out. “You do not need to answer, appa. I was just joking!”

Now he can breathe, “You and your eomma, are bad jokers!” They continued enjoying their steak, and Jisoo was even able to finish her dad’s half. Dara and she can look so much alike, but their appetite is very different.

Now they’re on desert which was on the house because the chef of the restaurant is a VIP. His daughter’s appetite amused him, she asked for a triple-chocolate banana split after eating a big meal. Totally very different from his wife who can only eat a small portion.

Of course, the father-daughter date night will not be complete without Kwon Jisoo jabbing her daddy’s past.

“Anyways, dad…” she took a big scoop of icecream, Jiyong just had to wipe the chocolate that dripped down her chin.

He hissed, “Aigoo. Jisoo-yah. I figured you cannot date yet. You are still clumsy!” She shrugged ignoring his remark because banana splits are better eaten messily.

“Daddy---did you really date Lee Jooyeon ahjumma?!”

Jiyong really chilled and did not really think that his daughter would use this time to ponder on his pasts.

“Well---did you?!” Jisoo eyed her dad in scrutiny.

“HE DIDN’T!” It was Dara who answered for her husband, pressing a light kiss on her daughter’s temples. She settled on the seat next to the father of her kids, “Hi babe.”

Jiyong gave her a quick resounding smooch, “Helloooo!”

Jisoo just shrugged and continued eating her banana split, while she allowed her parents to get lost in their own world. Her mom was from an overtime meeting for her own TV production company. She wonders if her brothers ate their dinner but knowing those two they probably had tv-dinner.

---

“How did it go?! Do you want me to order for you?! Did you eat?!” Jiyong was about to get the waiter but Dara just stopped him, “I am good babe.” He smiled at her and ruffled her hair, she released an annoyed groan.

“Aigoooo~” Jisoo teased them for being so much like teenagers in love even better because for years, the twinkle in their eyes and the sparkle of their smiles never reduced, it’s always full of love.

“Mommy I borrowed your Burberry coat!” Dara smiled at her daughter, finally she’s done with her boyish phase and now starting to like preppy, “girly” clothes. Jisoo just steal clothes from everyone in the family, it’s a concept. Jiyong is dreading the steal-my-boyfriend-clothes, just to put it out there.

“Don’t you like what the other brands send you?” Jiyong asked, it has become a habit of hers to sneak in their walk-in closets to “shop” for her outfits of the week. Dara giggled, “Chichoo is experimenting, babe! Let her be.”

“Are you going for an arts and design course too?” asked the Dad. She shook her head, “Computer Engineering…” she beamed at her parents’. It did not surprise Dara that nobody from their kids wants to enter showbusiness. Mino and Jaewon can be writing/composing their songs but they never really gave another glance on venturing the industry Jiyong and her grew up in. For Jiyong, it gave him pure relief that none of his kids must go through the same he and his wife dealt with.

Imagine the anxiety build up if their kids all have their own world tours!

“That’s a great course!” his wife encouraged, and he could hear the delight in her voice. “You will do well, sweatheart. You had mommy’s intelligence!” Their daughter snorted, and of course Jiyong took offense, “EX---CUH---USE me?! Sandara Park?”

As far as the charts and daesangs are concerned, Dara and Jiyong do not fall short in the academe. Jiyong added master’s and PHD after his GD name, because damn he can. While waiting for her husband’s return, Dara finished her Business Administration major in Operations Management, which she has been pursuing 2 years before her husband’s enlistment. Same time when Jiyong has been attending classes for his masters. At one point they were post-secondary/ graduate school sweethearts. In addition to that, an MBA is under her belt, she has been busy with their kids so her PHD is still on its way.

“Can I go to MIT then?!” she asked, and her parents only gave her more encouragements. It’s an IVY-league school that champions in Engineering and Technology. If her parents especially her mom is very welcoming of the idea of her going abroad for college…maybe…she can start going overseas, alone, earlier…For training. Pushing her luck, she cannot wait for her dad to ask her mom, “So can I go to New Zealand on March Break!?”

Her mom’s smile gave her hope, “OF COURSE!!!---You can’t!” Jiyong laughed at his pouting daughter, she thought she can get away with Dara’s overprotectiveness.

“But MOOOOOM, hear me out please!!!!” Jisoo pleaded.

“You cannot even train Dalgom where to pee, cannot even take him out for a walk…” Dara quirked at eyebrow to her very confused daughter.

“No offense mom---but there is no correlation at all…”

Jiyong clicked his tongue, like the typical Kwon man that he is, he chose not to interfere with the women. Mino and Jaewon fall on that same department, they’d rather not be in between the mom and daughter little arguments. Though his boys think their sister is a for spiting Dara,

He thanked the vintage wine.

“It only implies that you are not responsible!”

“Still no correlation…and I am responsible. I have a lot of extracurricular activities but still manages to rank no.1 this period…” she was cut off by the mom. She knows she’s only losing the chances of enjoying New Zealand.

“But you still did not potty train Dalgom…which is quite irresponsible.Even the mere purchase of that dog is irresponsible, you forgot about our Animal Shelters. We adopt, Chichoo.” Dara sharply replied. Jiyong whistled, “Has anyone tried the chicken?! The chicken looks good.” Both women on the table looked at him, baffled. First, there is only banana split on the table.

They gave him a side-glance and ignored him, like “anyways-kind-of-an-eyeroll.”

“MOM.”

“Jisoo. I said no, and it’s non-negotiable. And besides, didn’t your Oppa tell you, your Jinwoo-oppa is coming back!?”

Jiyong is amused at the sudden shift of his daughter’s mood. She was begging and bawling but the minute Dara mentioned the name of her childhood friend she clapped her hands. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter