KUWTK 10: More Than Something

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK 10: More than Something

It has been days since Jisoo bought Dalgom, her new puppy that her mom does not know. Maybe the notification for a new purchase on her Dad’s credit card was spammed by other emails. Knowing how her mom was organized, she knows soon she’ll be in trouble. Kwon Jisoo chose to not think about it and enjoy the fur ball. Her oppa just knew about it because Mino heard dalgom’s bark when they came home.

“Dalgomie!!!” 17-year-old Kwon Jisoo can be seen cooing a very cute white puppy. She’s in the comforts of her room. No, it isn’t princess-y like how her Eomma really wanted it to be. Jisoo is quite a minimalist, just your regular white room, few paintings that her dad bought. Family pictures displayed on her side-table by the bed, now that she’s 17, she preferred less stuff in her room. A bookshelf because she loves reading, she has a walk-in closet and her vanity table is also there. If you will raid her “beauty essentials” it will only consist of BB cream, and a lip tint. Kwon Jisoo is like her mom, less is more. They put less make up because they’re more beautiful without it but once they put full-make up on, y’all over.

“Okay Jisoo! This time MOM will seriously disown you!” that’s her older brother Mino, who rudely came in her room without even knocking. She wasn’t surprise because her nagger oppa will surely not miss it for the world. He just needs to be in his comfy home clothes.

“MIND YOUR MANNERS MISTER!” she rolled her eyes on him and crossed her arms. “What?!—I did not do anything to you OPPA!” she went back to snuggling her new puppy.

“MOM does not like pets in the house!” Mino sighed scratching his head, looking so stressed. He cannot fathom how his sister was able to sneak the dog without anyone’s knowledge, must be Appa. But no…impossible.

“Talk to Dad. I used his card to get dalgomie!!!” she grabbed the puppy and put it closer to her oppa. The puppy his cheeks and that made him smile. Hands on his hips, it takes him quite little bit more time to answer his sister and besides the puppy is hella cute.

“Wow. Mom will still know…She has access on those. And I feel like you just assumed that he said yes…Dad will always say to ask mom first.”he said. He plopped down on his sister’s bed, scanning her room, while Jisoo continues to play with the puppy. He saw little shoeboxes on top of her bookshelf decorated very cutely. It looks very familiar, it was those shoeboxes containing their parents love letters. He has seen those but did not really pried, of course his sister will keep those because she loves reading and she adores the kind of love their parents have. He can relate but, Jisoo is just extra and she reads one letter each day.

“Oiii. Why do you have those?!” he pointed at the boxes. “Why not?!” sounding annoyed. She stepped to the direction of the boxes and gave it to her uninvited guest.

“I love reading mom and dad’s cheesy letters.”she shrugged as if it’s the most normal thing.

Another room crasher came in, without knocking, “Oh…wow Hyung why are you here?!” their youngest brother just came home and found them chilling in Jisoo’s room. Mino shrugged as a response, he did not know why he’s with his younger sister. Usually, it’s Jisoo who invades rooms because she often steals her brothers’ shirts or hoodies.

“arf!”

“OMMMOOOO!”Jaewon yelped when dalgom barked. “Nyeong-AN Jaewonieeeee! This is dalgomie!” Jisoo happily introduced the unofficial pet of the Kwon household.

“Eh!!” he gave his noona a very questioning look, but it did not stop her from pushing it closer to him, “Cute?!” he nodded, “Does mom know?!” You see how the boys ask if their mom know…well Mommy is quite the disciplinarian and when Dara is on her strict mommy mode eating will be very awkward.

“NO!”

“YES”

His older siblings gave him different answers. He chuckled, “I’d rather not be involved in this!”

“Too late you already are!!!!” Jisoo stuck her tongue out. “Or I am going to snitch about your little girlfriend to mom!” Jisoo knew about his classmate that is cute and she always see them together. “You still playing push and pull with her?!”

“HYUUUNGGG!” Jaewon instantly asked his hyung for help. His noona is creepy, or some of his so-called fangirls told her about the new girl, he hangs out with her most of the time because she’s a good company.

“Jisoo…Can you let him live?! And besides, how long are you going to keep your dog in your room?”Mino smirked. It is still a mystery that their mom hasn’t discovered the dog yet. Dalgom barked right away when they came up their respective rooms that’s why he heard it.

“Like how long you and dad kept a secret…” she shrugged. Yes, Jisoo is still not over it, how can her appa not tell her that secret!

“OH…woowww.Jjinja. I can’t believe you are not adopted at all. Mom and Dad are good people. I wonder where you got that manipulative behaviour.”

“Manipulative in what sense? I only gave you facts…Oppa…” she smiled at them mockingly. “Anyways…hey Jaewonie, you told me you are having a writer’s block. You can read mom and dad’s letters for inspiration.”

Like his hyung, he made himself comfortable on his noona’s bed while skimming through the boxes. He smiled at how his mom decorated the boxes.

“The LONGEST 21 MONTHS” he read out loud. “This must be their letters when Dad was in the army.”

“Ohhhh. Jjinjja, Dad really loves mom.” Mino piped in, when he finished reading one of the letters, “Mom loves him too.”

“They love each other. It’s soooo beautiful! Even Mom is very good in writing. I don’t know why she never wrote any song!” Jisoo said. The three siblings were all reading different letters you can see their small smiles while they take in all the words that holds their parent’s feelings.

“Wait a minute…How are you going to explain to mom the dog?”Mino asked. He does not want to admit that he’s worried for his sister. “Mommy will not disown me. I think she’ll let me keep dalgommie as long as I’ll be responsible.” Jisoo answered with confidence. Dara will just give her the silent treatment that they’re all scared of.

“Noona…she’ll cut your credit card…” Jaewon added. Jisoo always get in trouble with their mom especially on how she spends her money. There was one-time Dara-eomma had to cut her supplementary credit card because she bid on e-bay, for a limited-edition manuscript of a certain book.

“I have you two anyway. You can buy me Lunch.” Their Dad too, he’ll give her thick cash whenever Dara cuts anyone’s credit card. Jiyong will always leave them with enough money to buy food.

“Or mom will get your phone!” Mino thought. “Are you crazy?! That’s mommy’s lifeline. Can you see her face whenever any of you three do not answer her right away?” Jisoo cackled. She will always reply or answer her parent’s calls but the boys in the family often forget they have phones. It makes her upset too, she got it from her mama.

Jaewon confessed at how he got missed calls from their eomma because he had to stay late and Jisoo being the noona told him that he must quit ignoring mommy’s calls because it makes her worried.

“Not good for the heart Jaewonie…You too oppa. And Dad too. You always make eomma worry.” The Kwon heiress is very mature. She knows her mom’s usual meltdowns are caused by the men’s habit of not answering or replying to her calls and texts. It reached a point that their dad had to get a new number because he got blocked by their mom. For his brothers, their numbers only got deleted, and disowned in a way because she replies, “Nuguseyo?! I only have a daughter.” Petty but her siblings are mama’s boys and they get bothered by it.

Pettiness runs in the family, apparently.

That reminded her that their parents are not yet home, they were picked-up by Jjangmae because their parents are stuck in a meeting. Jisoo checked the time on her phone, she remembered that her eomma told her to heat up their dinner but she’s not that hungry yet.

“Are you guys hungry?!” She saw them shake their head implying that they’re full. With that she went to their family gc that she formed. To know her parents’ whereabouts.

-LOVE-

JS: NYONG-An!! Where are our parents?!

MOM: Miss me?!

MN: YES!

JW: YEEESSSS!

D: kekeke. We’ll be home soon. We’re on a date! (=^__^=) I am with Jyoooonggg-oppaahhh.Kyahh.

JS: OMMMOOO!moooo! AGAIN?!kekeke. ENJOY!! Eomma is always on a date. When will Chichoo?!

DAD: NEVER. YAH!

“Yahhh Jisoo-yah. That stresses him out!”Mino chastised his sister who loves triggering their dad. “As if! all the men in our school are squids. Jinwoo-oppa is the best but he’s already in University!” Jisoo pouted, they have a childhood friend that used to live next door, Kim Jinwoo who’s visuals are unreal.

“Leave Jinwoo-hyung alone! He’s too good for you!” Mino lied, nobody deserves to be with his sister. He hopes she gets married later.

“Hanbin likes you noona.” Jaewon shared his bestfriend’s little crush on her.

“Really?!” Jisoo smirked. She wants to know about Jaewon’s another friend though.

Jaewon eyed her incredulously, “You sound so interested.”

“No. I am not. My ideal type is a tough, young and cute guy.” Jisoo laughed and the two joined her too, because she imitated how her mom usually say it in her past interviews.

JS:Kekekekekekekekekek

MN: MOOOOOMMM! JISOOO hassssss…

MOM: WHUUT?!

JS: BEAUTY!

DAD: YES, YOU DO!!

JS: Saranghaeeeee.

MOM: Saranghaeeeeee

JW: NADO.

MN: Jisoo hassssss

MOM: Mino…what is it?!

“OPPPPPAAAAAA!” Jisoo shrieked. “You know how mom is!!!!”

“JAEWWWWWONIE protect noona!!!” she asked her younger brother with a pout. “I don’t want to be involved!” he laughed.

MN: She has all your love letters to dad!!!

DAD: kkkk. How’d she get that?!

“YOU. ARE. SO. ANNOYING!!!” Mino laughed at his sister’s eruption. The rare times she pops the nerves feels like a victory for him. Her sassy needs to be tamed.

MOM: So that’s why it’s missing…Appa is a good man, no?!

JS: It’s cute.

MN: Daebak.

JW: Eomma too.

DAD: Let’s just love each other everyday, honeyyy~

JS: OMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. >////< I love you both. Just love each other!!!

Jisoo is squealing like a whale. “Waitttt…Appa rarely calls Eomma, honeyyyy!” Kids, they have a lot of endearments, after all they’re soulmate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter