KUWTK8: KINTSUGI

Keeping Up with the Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KUWTK 8: Kintsugi

On this episode of KUWTK.

People are extra annoying as per chichoo.

Kwon Jisoo hears whispers from everyone in their school as she normally just walks to her homeroom class. Her schoolmates are giving her weird looks, but she just smiled at them. She already prepared herself of this silent witch hunt from these uglies, yep. Anyone who cannot mind their own business is ugly, according to her. That’s a fact, you can @ her if y’all want.

Why do they care about our lives? They should be worrying about the inflation. Or the corruption in the BLUE HOUSE! Or Mental Health?! Her thoughts screamed. She’s not in her usual good mood because her parents are not being cute during breakfast and her mom just gave them toasted bagel with cream cheese. Also, a YGE driver brought them to school which is very unusual, Eomma and Appa take turns. Something is up. She and her two brothers know, their parents fought or more like Dad is in his “moods”.

Kwon Jisoo knows the tea, but she’s not willing to sip it. For it wasn’t a tea for wellness.

Jjinjja, that Lee Donghae-Ahjussi… She shook her head to erase her thoughts. The morning Seoul Tattle is full of Lee Donghae and her mom’s past. Articles about her dating him in the past were published, what is the point?! These dirty journalists’ point is only to shake up the marriage of the two-industry powerhouse a.k.her mom and dad. Apparently, her mom did not get notified of the frenzy and it was heavily spread already that her parents cannot control anymore. And besides Seoul Tattle is like some ty e-tabloid that will always spread fake news or blind items. She thinks the writers behind it are her parent’s antis from way back. It gets a lot of hits from netizens all over the world, parentals are global icons, so it gets translated too. WORLDWIDE. Just crazy. Hopefully her parents can still take it down.

With a deep breath, she went inside their classroom, her three friends are already seated and chitchatting.

Slumping her bag on the seat beside her friend, Jennie, she heard them talking about infamous loves stories, and of course they just happen to be talking about her parents. Probably the morning news triggered the talk.

“My parents’ love story is not like Abellard and Helloise…” Jisoo dismissed her friend immediately when she finally heard what they were really saying. She gave them a dirty look, “My parents’ love story is just their love story, it’s one of a kind…” she added.

She saw her friend, Jennie scoffed after hearing her, “Your Dad’s compositions are his confessions of Love to your mom… like Abellard…and Lee Donghae-Ahjussi” That made Jisoo roll her eyes and bite her lips, carefully thinking of how she can retort on what her friend said without hurting her.

“First of all, Helloise does not believe in marriage and their love story is a tragedy…Read it carefully, it’s not all about just love letters…I may say I am quite disappointed at how you read the entertainment section’s useless gossips or that Seoul Tattle.” Jisoo spews words that can sting, and her friend smirked at her. “I got that damn nerved poppin…”Jennie mocked.

“Chill Jisoo-unnie!” she cringed at the sound of her other friend, Lisa, a Thai Royalty. She’s like the first cousin of the crowned prince. She has this aegyo voice that makes her wince.

“You really looked at it in a different angle Miss Jisoo Kwon…” Jennie sighed and rolled her eyes. Her friends better have a clue why she cannot deal with anything about her famous parents. This is the downside of being from a relevant family.

“I don’t know why you think you have a say on my parents’ love story. I meant, I am the daughter, and I still think I do not have the right to define it for them…” She smirked. Jennie and her relationship are weird given that both are top students who are too opinionated, and their sass are just over the top. This clash is just a normal occurrence.

“Okay guyssss! Let’s agree to disagree on this! It’s too early!” Chaeyoung stopped them before Jennie get into Jisoo’s nerves. Phew. Good thing Chaeyoung is quick to sense that she’s not in the mood.

Jisoo can always be seen with her three other friends, namely Jennie, Lisa and Chaeyoung. Jennie Kim was from New Zealand, her family owned the biggest Asian Supermarket there. Park Chaeyoung is the small-waisted hottie from Australia she’s an heiress of a multibillion Airline company. As what mentioned before Lisa is a Thai Royalty, the princess that is next in line to the throne in case her cousin dies or marry a commoner.

“Anyway, I’m going to shop later…who wants to come?!” Jennie asked everyone, but she already expected Jisoo not to tag along, “Not me. Bom-imo is going to pick us up!” Jisoo answered. “And besides, I just got the whole Fall and Winter collection of Chanel and Gucci!” Not to sound spoiled or anything, but it is very normal for them to hear Jisoo talking about how brands just send them clothes.

“Wow! The Kwon influence is on another level, but we only see you wearing PMO…” Chaeyoung laughed.

“My dad’s brand is more of my style!” she shrugged.

“Ommmoooo!Heyyy your Mino-oppa’s PMO design is so dope!!” Lisa piped in. She can only scowl at her friend, “Ew. But my dad said it’s always sold out…” she muttered with full disinterest. She really finds it heavy for her when her parents are the objects of gossips. That Lee Donghae-ahjussi just really had to open his mouth.

Article: Lee Donghae’s biggest “What If” is Sandara Park

[+5412,-5] You are Kwon Jiyong’s biggest What IF too..WHAT IF he kills you?!Kekekeke

[+4251,-10] Sandara Park is every men’s What if though. What If I am good enough for her?!

[+3148,-7] I am a woman and she’s my biggest What if too. “What IF” I was her! Kkkk.

[+2157,-8] Wow the disrespect to the Kwon Family. This journalist must be starving.

[+1245,-0] They got teenagers who can actually read this, this is unnecessary.

Article: Kwon Jiyong is not the real Heartbreaker, it’s his wife Sandara Park.

Untitled 2014 and SuJu’s One More Chance were written for her.

[+4251,-4] We all know who topped the charts and in her heart…

[+3258,-5] Makjang! Imagine if these were all published during their idol days.

[+2415,-6] This could have been the biggest love triangle of the second generation of idol groups.

[+1425,-9] Sandara Park have surpassed the beauty standards. You’re only beautiful if you got songs written for you.

[+851,-0] GOD-Dara PAK. Perfect-ALL-Kill in life!

Park Bom is really the Kwon kid’s most favorite aunt because she spills teas about their parent’s younger days. She also bakes them delicious corn pies that their mom cannot copy. Although Dara-eomma was the one who got the recipe from Thailand’s Mcdonald’s chef or taste engineer, Bom-imo’s passion for corn overpowered their mom’s baking. Also, she buys them food and brings them to food stalls, that their parents somehow avoid. Anyone would expect that their Imo would bring them to 5-star restaurants but really, they just chill in their most favorite street food cart near just a corner away from YG HQ.

“Your mom texted me, asking if we have enough security with us. Heol your mom should unclench.” Bom gulped the nice fish cake soup. “Aaaaah. So good.” The kids are not loud and they’re all just listening to her, no banters from the two eldest kids. Jaewon is usually quiet and she’s used to that already but not Mino or Jisoo. Sensing the silence has something to do with the news surrounding their parents, “I am disappointed guys…”

“Wae, Imoo?” asked Mino, who did not even take a bite on his fish cake.

“Why are you all getting affected with the gossips? You all know the truth. Donghae is old and semi-fake news.” Bom stated.

“I really wanna know all the secret details of dad’s songs” Jisoo smiled. “Oh noona, I was going to ask you about those…” Jaewon said.

Bom can only smile thinking to herself that somehow Dara is still as secretive as she is towards her kids. “Are you just going to start now? Your dad told us once that you have been reading 2ne1 and BB’s lyrics?” Jisoo nodded, “Well I need to fully understand.”Indeed, an intellectual under the name of Jisoo.

“Start with My Heaven or 1-year Station…Oh wait Butterfly is actually a blunt confession from Gdragon that nobody really considered, but it’s a dead giveaway.” Bom thought carefully.

The musical genius sons were just listening and sensibly noting it in their mind.

She was only answered with silence, “Heol…jjinjja, I really thought your parents tell you these things! What would you do without Bommie imo?!” She heard them chuckled, Mino gave her a hug, “Aren’t we lucky to have you imo?!” The Kwon kids know their way to their imos and samcheons, for they were the first nephews and niece of them from the precious duo that they have been protecting for years. Bigbang and 2ne1’s bond extended up to their little ones.

All those lies and distractions they had to do to keep Dara and Jiyong’s relationship were all worth it.

Looking at the three kids, years ago she never thought Dara and Jiyong can produce beyond god-like visuals, that gene pool superiority is just scary.

“Relax, kids. Your mom and dad are normal married couple who fights.”Bom did not forget to remind them.

“I know imo…this time it’s different….” Jisoo softly muttered. “Mom and Dad does not even glance at each other…” the maknae voiced out his observation.

“heol. Those two are being kids. They always make everyone awkward when they do their classic silent treatment.” Bom will always remember how meetings in YG before get cut off because Dara and Jiyong chose not to talk. “I tell you relax, believe in the love your parents have for each other.” She was going to add more but her phone rung, interrupting her, “Your mom!”

“Yoboseyo, Dara Park-nim…Hmmm. We’re in the food stall, can you chill?! I’ll take them home.” It looks like their mom is telling their imo some instructions as her forehead crease, trying to take in whatever their mom is saying. Dropping the call, she beamed at her precious nephews and niece. “Your mom, wants you home before dinner time! But before that she asked me to buy burgers, she’s not cooking…”

“Heol!!!!I told you IMO!!!Mom and Dad are fighting, mommy only buy us fast food once a year!! What is thisss!It’s an emergency!!!” Jisoo whined.

Mino shook his head in annoyance, “Yah. It’s only the first this year.”

“There’s moreeee to it OPPA!!!!” she squealed.

“HAIIISHT! Jisoo you’re getting insane!” he earned a light punch on his arm. “OUCH! Yah!”

Jaewon pulled his noona to walk towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter