Chapter 3

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

„Hello, we're here for Go Minsoo...he had an accident at ice hockey practice and-“, Wooseok started to explain to the lady at the information desk but she interrupted him with a bored expression and asked: „Are you guys family?“


„No but-“, Jinwook started. „Then I'm sorry but I can't give you any kind of information about the patient's current condition“, the lady said like she was quoting it from a book. „I'm his cousin and this is his boyfriend. Please, we're worried about him“, Wooseok half-lied. The lady looked at him like she was trying to find out if Wooseok was really Kogyeol's cousin just by staring at his face. Eventually, she sighed. „Fine...let me check“, she said and typed something into her computer.


„It seems like he's still being treated at the moment but he's probably going to be put into a room on the third floor in the department for head injuries“, she said in the same bored tone. „Ask for Doctor Park Jaehwan if you want information on his condition“, she added. „Alright, thank you“, Wooseok answered.


„What now? Are we just going to go to the third floor and wait?“ he asked as he and Jinwook headed towards the elevators. „Well, I sure won't leave until I know that he'll be fine“, the older replied. Department for head injuries...he really hated the sound of that. His worry grew with each step he took because what if Kogyeol wouldn't be fine?


~

„This is all my fault“, Hwanhee exclaimed and banged his fist against the wall. Dongyeol took his hand before he could repeat the action and made his slightly older friend look at him. „It was an accident! Kogyeol is going to be okay“, he tried to assure him.


Hwanhee pushed him off. „How do you know that? I'm a monster!“ he yelled. Dongyeol was unfazed by Hwanhee's outburst. He knew that his friend was upset so getting irritated wouldn't help either of them. „You're not a monster. Accidents happen”, he said calmly.


„But Wooseok was right! I am jealous of Kogyeol! I shouldn't have...“, he trailed off. „I didn't do it on purpose but...“ Dongyeol didn't know what to do to get Hwanhee to calm down.

„You saw the look on Jinwook's face, right? I don't care if it was an accident or not! I injured someone...they're never going to forgive me if anything happens to Kogyeol! And I never will either...“


„Okay, calm down first! We don't even know how he is. We'll go to the hospital and check on him tomorrow“, Dongyeol suggested. Hwanhee ruffled his brown hair in frustration and slumped down on Dongyeol's bed with a heavy sigh.


„How can you even look at me right now?“ he asked, staring at his knees. Dongyeol took a seat next to him and rested his head on Hwanhee's shoulder. „You're my best friend. Somebody needs to take care of you...“, the younger replied.


The honest answer would have been 'Well, I've had a crush on you for quite some time now so I want to help you wherever I can.' This wasn't the right time to tell Hwanhee about his feelings, though. Hwanhee wasn't gay anyway so he didn't need another worry and a potentially ruined friendship on his plate right now. For now, Dongyeol just wanted to be there for him. He could worry about his own feelings later.