Chapter 21

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

An awkward silence lingered over Kogyeol and his mother. Neither of them really knew what to say. His mom eventually decided to break the silence, though.

“Listen, Minsoo, I can’t say that I was the best mother to you...”, she admitted. “No kidding”, Kogyeol agreed. “But I want to start being one. I want to get my life together...”, she explained, ignoring her son’s sarcastic remark.

“You could start by kicking out that boyfriend of yours”, Kogyeol replied. She chuckled. “He really is an , isn’t he? I’m sorry I put him before you”, she apologized. He son shrugged.

“I could have lived with that but you let him hit me and call me names. You let him kick me out of the house in the middle of the night. When I fought back you took his side. And the worst part is that you let him treat you like . I know that Dad’s death was hard for you to deal with. But you just let yourself go...”, he told her honestly.

She lowered her head. “You’re right. But I can’t keep using your Dad’s death as an excuse...I’ll try everything to be a better mom from now on. If you still want me around, that is...”, she trailed off.

Kogyeol looked at her. She seemed to mean it. And he wanted nothing more than to have his mother back. He smiled at her and opened his arms. She returned the smile and hugged him.

~

“Wooseok!” Dongyeol called out to the older when he reached the lobby. Wooseok was nowhere to be seen, though. Dongyeol looked around everywhere but he couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Damn...”, he cursed under his breath and stormed towards the exit. He had no idea whether Wooseok had gone home or if he was still here somewhere. Dongyeol decided to look for the older’s car in the parking lot. He knew it could take forever to find one car there but he didn’t care.

He was lucky, though. It didn’t take very long to find Wooseok’s truck since it was parked very close to the main entrance. The older wasn’t in his car but at least he was still somewhere in the hospital. He went back inside and started looking around again. There was a waiting area he hadn’t checked yet and-

“Looking for something?” a voice behind him spoke up. Dongyeol spun around to see Wooseok standing there with a paper mug in his hand. “Where were you?” the younger asked. “Why do you care?” “You didn’t even let me speak earlier. And I feel like we need to talk”, Dongyeol said.

Wooseok sighed. “Save it, Dongyeol...I don’t need to hear your rejection...just...go back to Hwanhee”, he replied with a gloomy voice. He wanted to walk away again but this time Dongyeol wouldn’t let him get away that easily. He grabbed Wooseok’s arm like he did earlier.

Wooseok’s coffee fell to the ground when Dongyeol spun him around and kissed him. He didn’t care that they were in a hospital or that people stopped to stare at them. Wooseok froze at first but he seemed to get over the shock pretty quickly. His arms s around Dongyeol’s neck as he kissed back.

Dongyeol felt as if an electric wire ran through his body. He’d always thought that ‘sparks flying’ during a kiss was complete bull that was only described in crappy romance novels but now he felt it too! His entire body felt warm and tingly. He never wanted this to end.

Wooseok’s hands threaded through Dongyeol’s dark hair and he was very aware of the arms around his waist that pulled him closer. They pulled apart when their need for air kicked in.

“That’s what you get for not hearing me out”, Dongyeol whispered. They ignored the people around them and went to a more private place to talk – an empty hallway.