Chapter 23

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

“Where are Wooseok and Dongyeol? They’ve been gone for quite a while now”, Jinwook questioned. He sat on the edge of Kogyeol’s bed again. Hwanhee sat on one of the chairs and tried to get comfortable. Kogyeol’s mom had returned home for now to sort things out with her boyfriend.

“I heard them fight when I went to look for Dongyeol earlier...”, Hwanhee said. Kogyeol raised his eyebrows. “Fight? Those two never fight. Wooseok adores Dongyeol”, he stated. Hwanhee huffed. “You can say that again...”, he mumbled.

Jinwook furrowed his eyebrows. “Seriously, what’s been going on here?” Kogyeol asked, looking from Hwanhee to his boyfriend. “Hey, don’t look at me I was here all the time I know just as much as you do!” Jinwook defended himself.

Hwanhee got up. “You know what, I’ll head home now...my mom’s probably mad because I wasn’t home for lunch...”, he told the older two. They knew that he was making excuses to escape the conversation but neither of them pressed it any further.

“I’m glad you’re back, hyung”, he said to Kogyeol before he left with a small wave. Jinwook looked at his boyfriend again. “What do you think is going on with them?” Kogyeol shrugged. “I have absolutely no clue”, he said and scooted over a little. He patted the space next to him and Jinwook took the hint. He lay down next to him, draping an arm over the younger’s stomach. Kogyeol’s arm served as a head rest for Jinwook.

“Alone, at last”, Kogyeol stated. Jinwook chuckled. “Who knows for how long? The rest of the team has yet to show up”, he said. Kogyeol smiled. “Don’t jinx it”, he warned his boyfriend before leaning in to kiss him. It was short and chaste but it still made Jinwook’s heart flutter.

“Never leave me again...”, he murmured. Kogyeol caressed his cheek. “I won’t. I don’t want you to worry about me again...you’ve lost weight and you look tired…”, he said, his own worry audible in his voice. Jinwook nodded. “I know, I know...it’s just...every time I went home it felt like you were everywhere...and I started thinking about all the time we’ve spent together and then I didn’t really get to sleep...and if I did I would dream about you...”, he explained.

“Well, I’m fine now...I’ll be back on my feet in no time...”, Kogyeol assured him. Jinwook smiled, followed by a yawn. The younger chuckled fondly. “Why don’t you just take a nap here? You sure need one...”, he said. Jinwook yawned again which Kogyeol took as a clear yes.

~

“Shouldn’t we get back to the others?” Wooseok questioned. They were still hanging out in the same hallway, sitting on the floor next to each other. “Probably”, the younger replied. “Let’s not tell them about us just yet, though. Let’s tell the whole team once Kogyeol is out of the hospital”, he added.

“Alright. This way we don’t have to announce it a hundred times”, Wooseok agreed. Dongyeol grinned. He put his arm around Wooseok’s shoulders and was just about to inch closer to kiss him when someone spoke up.

“Here you two are...” It was Hwanhee. Wooseok’s face turned bitter. “Uh...I was just leaving but the hyungs are wondering where you are”, he said. “We were about to head back”, Dongyeol told him. Hwanhee nodded and took off without further words.

“Can’t you two just sort everything out?” he addressed Wooseok who still looked royally pissed. “Kogyeol is fine and I’m with you now so won’t you please talk to him again?” Dongyeol pleaded. “Still, he hurt you...do you expect me to just forgive him after you were crying because of him only yesterday?” Wooseok asked.

Dongyeol sighed. “I mean you did punch him in the face. Isn’t that enough of a punishment?” he tried to reason with the older. Wooseok huffed. “You think punching him in the face is really comparable to making you cry?”

The younger grinned at his words. “That’s sweet...kinda...” Wooseok’s bitter expression was slowly replaced by a small smile. “I’m fine, Wooseok. As much as I appreciate you standing up for me, I don’t want you two to keep fighting...”, Dongyeol said.

Wooseok sighed. He wouldn’t admit it to anyone but himself but he did kind of miss Hwanhee as his friend. He’d been mad at him ever since Kogyeol’s accident. And then there was the thing with Dongyeol. Their friendship hadn’t had a chance to recover.

“Are you really over him?” The younger nodded, sincerity clearly visible in his eyes. Wooseok rolled his eyes. “Fine...I’ll talk to him...”, he gave in. Dongyeol smiled widely and side-hugged Wooseok. “You’re lucky you’re so cute...”, the older mumbled.