Chapter 17

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

“Thank you for being there for me last night, Wooseok”, Dongyeol thanked the older when they sat in the pickup truck, standing in front of Dongyeol’s place. “No problem. Try to cheer up a bit”, Wooseok replied. Dongyeol looked at his lap. “I’m really putting you through a lot, aren’t I?” he asked suddenly.

“What do you mean?” Wooseok questioned. Dongyeol looked at him, a slight pout on his full lips. “Well, I call you out of bed at 4am or stand on your doorstep, crying like a baby. I’m a lot to deal with right now.”

Wooseok put his hand on one of Dongyeol’s. “You’re never too much for me. You know that you can always come to me with anything no matter what time of day. I told you before that I care about you...probably more than I should...”, he assured him, mumbling the last bit under his breath so Dongyeol wouldn’t hear.

“Now...go inside and try to get some real sleep. You barely got any last night”, Wooseok said. Dongyeol nodded and got out of the car. However, before he closed the door he leaned over the passenger’s seat and quickly pecked Wooseok on the cheek. “You’re the best, hyung. Love you.” He pulled back and closed the car door.

Wooseok watched Dongyeol disappear in his apartment building while faintly touching his cheek where the younger’s lips had touched it. A goofy smile spread on his face as he started the engine and drove off.

~

Dongyeol stopped dead in his tracks when he entered his room to find Hwanhee sitting on his bed, twirling his thumbs nervously. He didn’t even have to ask the older how he’d gotten in here. Hwanhee was very well aware of the exact location of the spare key.

“What do you want?” Dongyeol asked, carelessly throwing his jacket aside. He noticed the bruises on Hwanhee’s face. He realized that Wooseok probably did that when he left yesterday. For some reason he felt a little better, knowing that Wooseok would stand up for him like this.

“To apologize...I shouldn’t have been like that to you. I should have taken your...feelings into consideration...”, Hwanhee said. “Well, you didn’t...” “I’m sorry! I was overwhelmed! I didn’t even know that you were into guys and suddenly you like me? How would you have reacted?” the older exclaimed.

“So you’re just acting like an and cut off our friendship?” Dongyeol asked followed by a huff. “And you run straight to Wooseok!” Hwanhee shot back. Dongyeol furrowed his brows. “Why is that so wrong? He cared enough to help me get your drunk home the other night. Why is me ‘running’ to Wooseok a bad thing? He’s someone I can rely on!”

Hwanhee sighed and averted his eyes for a second. “Okay, look. I didn’t come here with the intention to fight. I don’t want to lose my best friend...”, he said way calmer than just a minute ago.

“Neither do I...but how are things going to be between us from now on? I said that I like you, Hwanhee. And I can’t just pretend I never said it just like you can’t pretend that you never heard it...”, Dongyeol answered. Hwanhee sighed. “I’m sorry...I wish I could return your feelings. I really do”, he emphasized when Dongyeol rolled his eyes. “But I could kiss you right now and still be straight...”

Dongyeol gave Hwanhee a challenging look. “Do it then...”, he said before he could stop himself. Hwanhee’s eyes widened. “W-what?” “Kiss me. Once. Sober. Show me how straight you really are because before the other night I don’t recall you being a drunk-kisser!” Dongyeol clarified.

Hwanhee’s expression changed. His face went from surprised to determined as he got up and took a few striding steps towards Dongyeol. The younger barely had time to register what was going on before Hwanhee all but crashed their lips together. This time, though, Dongyeol kissed back.

Dongyeol didn’t know what to feel. Hwanhee’s lips were soft and despite the forceful approach he was gentle. This was what he wanted for a long time, wasn’t it? But there was a feeling inside of him that made this feel like something wasn’t quite...right. He brushed it off, blaming it on the suddenness of the kiss.

Suddenly, a phone rang and they jumped apart. Dongyeol needed a few seconds to realize that it was his phone. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at it. “Hyung?” he picked up slightly out of breath. Hwanhee had turned away from him the second they had pulled apart.

“Dongyeol! It’s Kogyeol!” Jinwook exclaimed on the other side of the line. “What about him is? Is he okay?” Dongyeol questioned, half-panicking. “He’s fine. He just woke up!” Jinwook told him. “He’s awake? Oh my god, we’ll be right there!” Dongyeol replied enthusiastically.

They hung up and Dongyeol looked back at Hwanhee who had faced him again when he figured that the call was about Kogyeol. “Let’s go. He’s okay!” Dongyeol said. 

 

Okay I know Kogyeol kinda woke up in a very Disney kinda way like mama shows up n boom! But I felt like I had to use the opportunity because I didn't want him to wake up just like that. I hope it's not too sudden or too unrealistic for your guys because (unfortunately) I'm no psychology student and idk if what the doctor told Jinwook might be a thing irl so...yea...but since this is fiction...
Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter!