Chapter 15

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

"Dongyeol? What's wrong? What are you doing here so late?" Wooseok asked when he opened the door to see his crying friend standing there. Dongyeol didn't answer and just practically threw himself at Wooseok who was quick to hug him.

"What happened?" he asked. Dongyeol's body was shaking with sobs as he let Wooseok gently drag him inside and close the door. "Talk to me...I want to help you", Wooseok said, feeling more than worried. Dongyeol usually didn't cry unless something was seriously wrong. Wooseok's first thought was Kogyeol but he figured that it would be Jinwook on his doorstep if his condition had worsened.

He hugged Dongyeol once again and they just remained like this for a few minutes until the younger's sobs had quieted down. He pulled back and took Dongyeol's hand, leading him to his room where he sat the younger down on his bed. He went to grab a tissue from his study desk.

"So...do you want to tell me what happened? Did someone hurt you?" Wooseok asked carefully, sitting down next to the younger. He had the worst imaginations of what could have possibly made Dongyeol cry like this running through his mind.

Dongyeol needed a few more seconds before he answered. "I...told Hwanhee", he said with a choked voice. Wooseok's face hardened. „I told him that I like him and he says that he remembers kissing me but he doesn't want to remember because he's not gay and...-" Dongyeol got cut off by another sob.

"And then he said that we probably shouldn't hang out for a while so I left his place and came here...", he explained. Wooseok felt anger boil up inside of him. Hwanhee could be with the one person Wooseok wanted more than anything in the world and he turned him down in such an insensitive way?

"You should stay here tonight..."; Wooseok said comfortingly. "It's getting late and my parents don't mind you sleeping here." Dongyeol sniffled and nodded. "I'm sure...", Wooseok paused to grind his teeth "...I'm sure Hwanhee will come around." He wanted to tell Dongyeol to forget about that jerk and to give him a chance instead. But he knew that Hwanhee meant a lot to Dongyeol and he knew better than to manipulate their year-long friendship.

"Get some sleep, okay? I have to go somewhere but I'll be back before you know it", Wooseok told him, trying his best to hide how angry he was at Hwanhee. Dongyeol lay down on his older friend's bed, still sniffling occasionally. Luckily, he didn't ask where Wooseok was going.

~

Wooseok slammed the door of his car and stormed over the lawn to the front door of Hwanhee's house. The younger was just sending off a girl with a kiss. That only fueled Wooseok's anger even more. How could be so calm when he didn't even know where his best friend had ran off to after he treated him so cold-heartedly!

The girl turned around to leave when they both spotted Wooseok. He ignored her and placed a solid punch in Hwanhee's face. The girl squealed and ran away. "Woo-" Another punch cut Hwanhee off and caused him to fall backwards onto the grass.

"If you keep hurting the people I love I swear you'll live to ing regret it, Lee Hwanhee! I've had it up to here with you", Wooseok shouted. He straddled the younger, blinded by rage and went for another punch. This time however Hwanhee dodged it by moving his head to the side.

Wooseok's punch hit the grass – hard. Hwanhee used the older's short distraction due to the pain, to push him off. "What the hell has gotten into you?" Hwanhee exclaimed as they both got to their feet. He wiped some blood from under his nose and his lip.

"Dongyeol stood on my doorstep, crying because of you!" Wooseok yelled, trying his best not to attack Hwanhee again. "Wait...you're in love with Dongyeol?" Hwanhee asked, referring to what the older had said earlier. Wooseok glared at him. There was no point in denying it anymore. In fact, he even wanted Hwanhee to know.

"Damn right, I am! But I'm holding back because he likes you, !" he replied. Hwanhee huffed. "I can't help it if I'm straight!" he snapped. "I have absolutely no problem with you being straight but if you don't return his feelings at least be nicer about it! He's your best friend, for goodness sake! You're lucky I just hit you!" He turned around and left a speechless Hwanhee behind.

He got back into his car and drove home. His right hand hurt like a . He usually didn't punch people – or grass, for that matter. But he didn't care all that much about the pain. It was worth it; finally being able to let out all the bottled up anger on Hwanhee.

He arrived at his place and carefully sneaked inside, careful not to wake his parents. Dongyeol was still awake when he entered his bedroom. His back faced Wooseok but he was still sniffling from time to time.

Wooseok crawled into his bed and wrapped an arm around the younger's waist. Dongyeol's breath hitched in surprise but he relaxed when he realized that it was just Wooseok.

"It's gonna be okay...", he mumbled. Dongyeol let out a shaky breath. "I don't know about that", he replied. Wooseok hated how sad he sounded. He just wanted to kiss Dongyeol and cuddle him and make him forget all about Hwanhee for now. But he couldn't. Not right now. Maybe never...