Chapter 22

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

Double update today cause I'm feelin kinda ty (despite today being my Pristin bias' birthday which I'm excited about) and I need to bring my mood up! So here you go guys.

“What was that all about?” Wooseok questioned when he trusted himself enough to form proper sentences again. Dongyeol tried to find the right words for what had just happened. But right now he had a hard time keeping himself from kissing Wooseok again.

“Hello? Earth to Dongyeol?! Mind explaining to me what just happened?” Wooseok asked impatiently. “Uh...I just kissed you”, Dongyeol said while staring at the older’s reddened, slightly swollen lips. Wooseok sighed. “No . I want to know why you kissed me. You like Hwanhee, not me. If this is some kind of joke-“ “It’s not! I promise it’s not a joke!” Dongyeol interrupted him.

Wooseok crossed his arms over his chest and gave Dongyeol an expectant look. The younger tried to find the right words but he found everything about Wooseok so distracting all of a sudden. Was it hot in here?

“Let’s just get back to the others...”, Wooseok said and walked past Dongyeol. “Wait!” the latter called after him, causing him to stop in his tracks and turn around. Dongyeol wanted Wooseok to believe that this wasn’t some kind of game or joke to him but he struggled to put it into words that didn’t sound like complete garbage. At least, now that there was a little more distance between them the need to jump Wooseok’s bones had decreased a little bit.

“I kissed you because...after you told me that you were in love with me I felt like something changed...it sounds weird but I talked to Hwanhee and all I could think about was going after you...”, he finally began to explain. “I challenged him to kiss me this morning because I wanted him to reconsider his feelings for me but-...wait, hear me out”, he cut himself off when Wooseok was about to say something.

“When we kissed I didn’t feel what I felt with you just now...it was...amazing”, Dongyeol said. Wooseok raised his eyebrows. “What, so Hwanhee rejected you and you went to find a rebound?” he questioned. Dongyeol waved his hands frantically. “No! I mean...he did reject me but the strange thing is that I didn’t really mind anymore, you know? After you told me how you felt I realized that it must have been you all along”, he explained.

“I don’t know why I didn’t see it sooner but earlier when Hwanhee told me that he wanted to stay just friends I felt like my crush on him was just that...a stupid crush. But you...”, he trailed off.

“Me what?” Wooseok asked. His features had softened a little and he looked genuinely interested in what Dongyeol had to say instead of just expectant. “With you I always felt kinda...safe? I guess I can rely on you. You stand up for me and protect me. You even got injured because of me...”, he nodded at the older’s bandaged hand.

“I guess my dumb crush on my best friend overshadowed the real feelings I have for you. I always thought that my strong feelings for you were platonic. And then when Hwanhee felt so down after Kogyeol’s accident my need to take care of him took over and made my crush seem stronger...strong enough to confess to him and almost ruin everything and..., I don’t know how to explain myself...”

Dongyeol looked down at his feet. Wooseok probably thought that he was talking bull. He just didn’t know what to say to make Wooseok believe that he wasn’t a rebound. Because he really wasn’t.

The older stepped closer again. “So what you’re saying is...”, he trailed off. Dongyeol looked up again. “I’m saying that I return your feelings...”, he said. They were incredibly close again. Dongyeol blushed when he realized how beautiful Wooseok’s eyes were up close. Without saying anything Wooseok leaned in to reconnect their lips again.