Chapter 25

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

“Let’s sit down over there. The doctor said to take it slow...”, Jinwook said a few days later when he and Kogyeol were outside in the hospital garden to take a walk. “I’m fine...I’m not some old grandpa”, Kogyeol argued but sat down with Jinwook nonetheless.

“I just don’t want you to overdo it”, the older told him. Kogyeol sighed and put an arm around Jinwook’s shoulders. “How do you feel, though?” he questioned. Jinwook looked at him with a confused expression. “Me?” “Yeah...are you eating enough?” Kogyeol asked.

“I’m alright. I ate a lot and I slept well. Don’t worry about me”, Jinwook assured him. Kogyeol eyed him worriedly. “Really!” Jinwook emphasized. Kogyeol sighed again. “I just can’t imagine how hard it must have been for you to see me like this...”, he admitted.

Jinwook lowered his head. “It was pretty hard and I admit that I didn’t really take care of my body but you’re okay now and that’s enough for me to be okay, too. This is nothing sleep and food can’t fix”, he explained and rested his head on Kogyeol’s shoulder.

The younger still felt a little guilty about being the reason for Jinwook’s bad condition. He didn’t want the older’s life to depend on his own. Although, Kogyeol couldn’t deny that he probably also wouldn’t have taken care of himself had the roles been reversed...

“What do you think is going on with Wooseok, Dongyeol and Hwanhee? I can’t stop thinking about the weird tension between them”, the older switched subjects. “Well, I know that Dongyeol likes Hwanhee...maybe something happened between them”, Kogyeol suggested.

“Yeah, maybe...but how does that include Wooseok?” Jinwook asked. Kogyeol shrugged. “No idea...but I think Wooseok wanted to come visit me later. Maybe he’ll tell me what’s going on”, he answered. “I hope so...”, Jinwook replied and checked his phone. “I think I have to go...today’s Saturday so the shops close early. If you want me to eat enough I should go and buy something”, he said. “Let’s get back to your room first, though”, he added and helped Kogyeol up.

~

Wooseok did indeed show up later. Jinwook had just left when Kogyeol’s younger friend arrived. “Hey, how are you holding up?” he questioned. Kogyeol shrugged. “I’m good. This hospital is boring as , though”, he replied. Wooseok chuckled and sat down on the older’s bed.

“I haven’t seen you here over the past few days...”, Kogyeol stated. Wooseok tried to hide a grin and looked down at his lap. Kogyeol raised his eyebrows and smirked. “Did something interesting happen in the outside world?” he asked.

Wooseok got his face under control again and shook his head. “Are you sure? You look different”, Kogyeol drilled. He needed some info on what happened outside of this hospital. He missed hanging out with his friends so he wanted to at least know what they were up to. Especially his best friend.

“Different? I haven’t changed anything”, Wooseok replied innocently. Kogyeol hummed. “Alright then...so, I wanted to talk to you about Dongyeol”, he spoke up again. Wooseok’s eyes widened slightly. “W-what about him?” he asked.

Kogyeol, of course, noticed his friend’s change of expression but he decided not to address it for now. “Well, I was wondering why he and Hwanhee were so awkward the other day...”, the older said. Wooseok shrugged. “How am I supposed to know that?” he mumbled.

“You punched Hwanhee in the face so I figured you might know...”, Kogyeol explained. Wooseok sighed. “Alright, fine. You’re my best friend so I might as well tell you...”, he finally gave in. “So...Hwanhee got drunk the other night and he kissed Dongyeol, they fought and Hwanhee took off...”, he started.

Kogyeol sat up a bit. “Dongyeol called me to help find him and we did and took him to Dongyeol’s place. He pretended not to remember the kiss but Dongyeol told him that he liked him and got rejected. So he came to me that night, crying...”

Kogyeol noticed how bitter Wooseok’s expression had turned. “I put him to sleep and went to Hwanhee’s place. He was with some girl which made me angrier than I was anyway so I punched him...afterwards I went back to my place and comforted Dongyeol some more. I took him home the next day and that was the day you woke up. Apparently, Hwanhee waited for Dongyeol at home and they talked...”, Wooseok explained.

“Why did you and Dongyeol fight, though?” Kogyeol questioned. Wooseok sighed. “I told him that I couldn’t understand what was so great about Hwanhee...it wasn’t really a fight. I practically just yelled at him. And then I told him that...”, Wooseok trailed off, blushing at the thought of telling Kogyeol about his feelings for Dongyeol.

“I told him that I’m in love with him”, he admitted. Kogyeol sat up straight, his eyes widening in disbelief. He stared at Wooseok for a few seconds, as if to check if he was pulling a prank on him.

You? I mean...I know you two are close but...since when?” Kogyeol asked when he realized that Wooseok wasn’t joking. “A long time...”, Wooseok said with a small smile on his face. “How did I not notice?” the older mumbled to himself.

“Anyway, what happened then?” he questioned. Wooseok blushed a deeper shade of red. “I walked away and got coffee. Meanwhile, he talked to Hwanhee again but then he came to find me. At first, I thought he was going to reject me and I planned on avoiding him but instead, he kissed me...and I’m telling you right now – it was the best kiss in the world. Like, it was hot but also kinda sweet...I don’t know, I’ve never felt anything like this, you know? And the way he held me like I was-...”, he cut himself off with the ultimate blush on his face when he found his best friend grinning at him.

“Look at you swooning. You really are in love, Kim Wooseok”, Kogyeol said. His tone wasn’t mocking but still kind of amused. Wooseok smiled sheepishly, still a little embarrassed about how carried away he’d just gotten. “I guess I really am...”, he mumbled.

Kogyeol furrowed his brows. “Wait, are you and Hwanhee okay, though?” he questioned. Wooseok’s smile dropped. He sighed and shrugged. “Dongyeol wants me to talk to him but I have no idea how to approach him. I mean, I blamed your accident on him, I punched him...is this even something I can fix?”

Kogyeol hummed in thought. “I guess you won’t know unless you try. Hwanhee thinks that you hate him...you just need to show him that you don’t”, he advised the younger.