Chapter 12

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

Double update today because 11 and 12 are kinda short 

 

-Flashback-

“So, you and Jinwook seem pretty serious...”, Hwanhee stated and took a sip of the smoothie Kogyeol had treated him to. The older smiled. “Well, I guess two months of being together could be considered serious”, he replied. “I don’t know...it sort of just clicked right away”, he added with a giddy expression on his face.

“Oh~ do you love~ him?” Hwanhee teased which earned him a slap on the arm from his older friend. “You’re a brat, you know that?” Kogyeol asked. Hwanhee grinned in response. “So I’ve been told”, he answered.

“So, what about that girl you were so into a while ago? Anything new?” the older questioned. “Nah...she’s not really what I’m looking for. Turns out she doesn’t care a wink about ice hockey. She refuses to even go near the rink!” Hwanhee explained. Kogyeol hummed.

“Maybe I should date guys, too...I don’t understand how girls work”, Hwanhee deadpanned, even though he didn’t sound particularly serious about his words. “Dating guys, huh? Big words coming from a ladies’ man like you”, Kogyeol teased the younger. Hwanhee chuckled.

“Well, let me tell you that dating guys isn’t much different. It’s not about the gender. It’s about communication and compatibility...”, Kogyeol told him in a more serious matter. “Wow, I guess you’re not just better than me when it comes to ice hockey...”, Hwanhee stated. Kogyeol laughed and slightly shoved his friend.

-Flashback end-

Hwanhee stared at his friend’s motionless yet peaceful face. He knew facing him would be hard but right now Hwanhee just downright felt like a monster. He couldn’t stop the tears that were running over his face.

“I’m so sorry...”, he choked out. He broke down on the chair next to the older’s bed and buried his face in the blanket that covered most of Kogyeol’s body. He let out all the bottled-up emotions. Dongyeol was right. He needed this. All the guilt came washing over him at once.

Hwanhee sat back up and wiped his face before trying to speak again. “I...I never meant to hurt you. I’m so sorry I got you here...”, he croaked out. “And I’m sorry for not showing up earlier...I just felt so damn horrible for what I did for you. I hope you can forgive me...”, Hwanhee said.

He paused to calm down and collect his breath. “You really need to wake up. Jinwook needs you more than everything. He’s spending every free minute here...I wish I could make this right...”, said. He wasn’t even sure if Kogyeol could hear him but he felt like he needed to tell him all of that.