Chapter 10

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

-Flashback-

“That was fast”, Sungjun stated when he caught Kogyeol sneaking a kiss from Jinwook outside the dressing rooms after practice. Jinwook blushed at both the kiss and getting caught. Sungjun grinned at them. "When did you two happen?” he asked. “Just get changed, Sungjun”, Wooseok interfered with a just as huge grin.

Sungjun winked at them and then went inside to change. “Good practice today. Getting you on the team was probably the best idea Hwanhee ever had”, Wooseok told Jinwook before he followed Sungjun inside the dressing room.

“Do you want to grab a bite to eat? I’m starving”, Kogyeol suggested. “We could order Chinese and hang out at my place”, Jinwook said. Kogyeol grinned. “Sounds good...”, he answered. “Let’s get changed and leave.”

An hour later the two of them sat on Jinwook’s bed cross-legged and watched a random show on the older’s tablet while eating their take-out.

“Jinwook...”, Kogyeol suddenly spoke up. “What?” “This...thing between us...what exactly is it?” Kogyeol questioned. Jinwook paused the show and looked at the younger. “Well...I like you. A lot...but if things are going too fast for you I-“ “No, no, they’re not going to fast! I like you too! I just want to know if we’re serious and like, if the others can know and all...”, Kogyeol clarified.

“I was hoping that we’re serious. I don’t make out with just anyone first thing in the morning, you know”, Jinwook half-joked, bringing up last week’s events. “As for the others...I’m fine with them knowing if you are.” Kogyeol nodded, a giddy smile spreading on his lips.

They had only met a few weeks ago, yet it felt like it had been years already. Inside, Kogyeol knew that he’d hold on to this guy with all he had. Even though that wasn’t much.

-Flashback end-

Jinwook opened his eyes and looked to the side. The alarm clock on his bedside table read 4:30am. At least, he’d gotten a few short hours of sleep. Of course, his dreams were filled with memories of Kogyeol. It’d been one and a half weeks...when would his boyfriend finally wake up?

~

“I’ll wait here. You go and check if he’s in there”, Wooseok said as he came to a stop in the ice hockey stadium’s parking lot and killed the engine. Dongyeol was already half out the car before Wooseok could even finish his sentence. He stormed to the stadium’s back door to find it unlocked as usual.

“Hwanhee?” he called out for his best friend. His voice echoed through the empty stadium. He heard a noise, like a sob coming from somewhere. Dongyeol breathed a sigh of relief when he recognized his friend’s voice. It seemed to come from the spectator’s area.

“Hwanhee?” he asked again. He saw a figure sitting on one of the many seats around the rink and rushed over. “Thank God, I found you...”, Dongyeol said and pulled his sobbing best friend into a hug. He felt the older’s arms wrap around his waist tightly.

“It’s okay...”, Dongyeol mumbled and patted Hwanhee’s head comfortingly. “No...nothing’s okay! Kogyeol won’t wake up!” Hwanhee cried. “Of course he will. And when he does everything is going to be just fine...” “No...he’s going to hate me just like Wooseok does. And I’m sure Jinwook hates me too...”, Hwanhee agreed.

His voice was muffled by Dongyeol’s oodie but it was still coherent. “Nobody hates you, Hwanhee. Wooseok’s a little mad at you but he took me here and helped me find you. He cares about Kogyeol a lot but he also cares about you. Just like I do and just like Jinwook does. Come home with me...”, Dongyeol said soothingly.

“I always ruin everything...”, Hwanhee mumbled. The younger pulled away from his friend and cupped both his cheeks in his hands. “That is not true, you hear me? You’re my best friend and I can’t stand seeing you like this so please, come home with me, sleep it all off and then let’s visit Kogyeol. I promise it’ll make you feel better”, Dongyeol tried to convince him.

Hwanhee sniffled as Dongyeol let go of him. “Fine...”, the older finally said. “Alright, let’s get going then...”, Dongyeol got up and pulled the still wobbly Hwanhee to his feet as well, steadying him on their way back to Wooseok’s car.