Chapter 11

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

“You okay?” Wooseok asked once Dongyeol had maneuvered his drunken friend onto the backseat of the truck. “Yeah...”, Hwanhee mumbled. Dongyeol got in next to him and let Hwanhee put his head in his lap.

“Don’t you dare throw up. If anything gets on my precious baby I won’t hesitate to snap your neck”, Wooseok threatened. “I didn’t know you cared so much about me, hyung”, Dongyeol joked while patting Hwanhee’s hair comfortingly. Wooseok cleared his throat and started the engine. “I meant my car!” he clarified.

Dongyeol chuckled and looked down at Hwanhee who had already fallen asleep in his lap. He kept running his hand through his friend’s soft, brown locks, glad to have found him before he got hurt.

“Thanks for coming with me, Wooseok. I really appreciate it...”, Dongyeol spoke up again. “I’m mad at him but that doesn’t mean that I want him to get hurt...I’m not that cold”, the older replied. “I know...” “And I really do care about you, Dongyeol. That’s why I came with you.”

~

“Are you sure that Jinwook doesn’t hate me?” Hwanhee asked several hours later when he and Dongyeol were taking the elevator up to the third floor of the hospital. Hwanhee slept it off and agreed to finally visit Kogyeol today.

Dongyeol didn’t know whether Hwanhee remembered all the details from last night but if he did he was doing a pretty great job at hiding it. They hadn’t spoken about the kiss at all.

“I’m sure. Jinwook is way too worried about Kogyeol to be mad at you”, Dongyeol answered his best friend’s question. “That didn’t stop Wooseok either”, Hwanhee mumbled. “That’s different and you know it.”

The elevator doors opened and the two of them stepped out on the hallway. They found Jinwook sitting on a chair in front of Kogyeol’s hospital room. “Hey, is everything okay?” Dongyeol asked him. Jinwook jumped at the sound of his voice and looked up.

“Oh...yeah. A nurse is with him right now...” he replied. Then, he spotted Hwanhee standing half a meter behind Dongyeol and looking at his feet. Jinwook got up and walked over to him. Hwanhee didn’t look up, afraid to meet the older’s eyes.

“I’m glad you’re here”, Jinwook said and Hugged Hwanhee who looked confused but relieved as he returned the hug. “I’m really sorry, hyung...”, he apologized quietly. “Don’t be so hard on yourself. I know it wasn’t your fault”, Jinwook answered and pulled back to give Hwanhee a reassuring look.

The nurse stepped out of the room and smiled at the three of them before taking off. Jinwook pulled back and looked at Hwanhee. “You should go inside. I’m gonna go get some coffee”, he said. Hwanhee nodded. Dongyeol decided to keep Jinwook company so Hwanhee braced himself to go inside alone.