Chapter 1

White Night [JinGyeol x WooXiaoHee]

Ice Hockey was a fast sport; Jinwook was very well aware of hat. He had never been a huge fan of it but his friends all played and it's also how he met his boyfriend Go Minsoo, whom everybody only called Kogyeol.

Today, everything went a little too fast. The team was practicing as usual and everything went fine until a few of his teammates collided. One of them fell and hit his head on the ice – and he didn't get up. Wooseok was already next to him, carefully pulling the helmet off his teammate's head, offering his knees as a pillow. Jinwook took his own helmet off as well and skated over to the scene.

His mind went blank when he saw Kogyeol's pale face and his motionless body lying on the ice. He kneeled down across from Wooseok and pushed Kogyeol's hair back, calling out his name repeatedly, hoping he'd wake up. Jinwook didn't know how much time passed until the paramedics took him away. He didn't even know who had called the ambulance. Somebody pulled Jinwook to his feet and off the ice. The group gathered in the dressing room, most of them still too shocked to say a word.

The person who'd helped him up turned out to be Dongyeol. The younger took off his friend's skates and then sat down next to him. Suddenly, the dull silence was broken when Wooseok, who had been with the paramedics until now, burst through the door and went right for Hwanhee.

„ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ING MIND?!“ he yelled and grabbed the younger by the collar. „WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PLAY THIS HARD AT PRACTICE?! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! IS THIS YOUR ATTEMPT TO GET OFF THE BENCH FOR THE NEXT GAME?!“ Hwanhee could only look back at him with widened eyes.

„Hey, man, this isn't the time“, Dongyeol spoke up. He got up from his seat and tried to grab Wooseok's arm but the older yanked it free. „This is exactly the time! This kid has been jealous of Kogyeol forever and look what he's done now!“ Dongyeol pulled Wooseok back by his hockey jersey with force and faced his angry friend. He nodded in Jinwook's direction. The oldest was still blankly staring at the opposite wall even though all the others had gotten up to prevent any potential fights.

Wooseok's features softened and Dongyeol hesitantly let go of him when he was sure he wouldn't attack Hwanhee again. „I'll take Jinwook to the hospital to check on Kogyeol. The rest of you wash up and go home first. It doesn't make sense if we all go there“, Wooseok instructed them. Dongyeol could see that Hwanhee wanted to protest so he reached for his friend's hands and pulled him to his feet. There was no need to set Wooseok off again. „You heard him. Come on“, he said. Hwanhee slumped his shoulders and nodded.

„I'll keep you guys updated on Kogyeol. Let's go, hyung“, Wooseok said and waited until Jinwook slipped into his shoes. Like Wooseok he was still wearing his hockey clothes but neither of them really cared at the moment.