Chapter 9

A Hunter's Decision

Joshua was woken by loud knocking at the door so he stretched, returning to human form as he moved out of Minhyuk's arms. He sat up, grumbling about the time as he checked the time on his laptop before shouting that the door was open, waking Minhyuk in the process.

Sungjin walked in, grinning. "Hey hyung," he said. "Sorry for waking you but," he said, shrugging. Joshua shook his head. "We're trying to sleep off the jet lag here," he said, chuckling some. "We took the train here," Sungjin said matter-of-factly. "Sure, you have that luxury," Minhyuk mumbled as he stood, stretching.

"Where's Dowoon?" Asked Joshua. "Down at the cafe getting breakfast," said Sungjin. "We were heading out to get our vampires here after breakfast, was wondering if you wanted to tag along," he said. "Sure, give us a few minutes," said Joshua. Sungjin nodded and left the room. Joshua got up and went to brush his teeth and changed clothes. Minhyuk changed clothes before going into the bathroom to brush his teeth after Joshua left the bathroom. Once they were ready they headed out, heading down to the lobby and meeting up with Sungjin and Dowoon.

Minhyuk blinked, seeing the two large wolves in the lobby. "Oh yeah, we also see them in their true forms, I guess it can be a perk or something, we see the illusion most of the time though," said Joshua. As he said that Minhyuk saw the human illusion come back up, with Sungjin scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. "We have to compensate for you two it seems," Sungjin said, laughing some. "Don't worry about it," said Joshua as he chuckled some. "Let's get breakfast then," he said before heading into the cafe with Minhyuk, Sungjin and Dowoon following after him.

Dowoon ate breakfast in silence, checking his phone for anything new. Sungjin talked with Joshua and Minhyuk felt like the odd one out. "Why the long face?" Asked Dowoon, causing Minhyuk to jump. "Oh, no reason," said Minhyuk. "I just feel a little left out, that's all," he said. Dowoon chuckled some. "Leader-nim is always like this around Joshua-hyung," he said. "You get used to their banter after a while," he said.

"You seem like the curious type though," he said. "What questions do you have?" He asked. "Erm," said Minhyuk as he thought about it. "Do you need to go shopping for clothes?" He asked. "No," said Dowoon as he laughs. "Everyone has their trademark thing with them, I'm usually dressed in a white shirt and Jeans, Jae has his glasses and his guitar pick on a necklace, Brian and Sungjin have their guitar picks which are on actual necklaces, and Wonpil has his choker," he said. "Interesting," said Minhyuk.

"So... You're just regular wolves?" He asked after thinking of another question. "I mean, I guess so," said Dowoon. "We don't really interact with werewolves so I don't know how we compare to each other," he said. "I guess we don't heal as fast as you guys do, we don't need to worry about clothes, stuff like that," he said. "We're just wolves basically," said Sungjin as he shrugs, causing Minhyuk to jump.

"What's got you so jumpy today?" Asked Joshua as he tilted his head to the side. "I don't know, maybe the fact that I'm away from home?" Asked Minhyuk. "Homesick already?" Asked Sungjin. "Mm," said Minhyuk. "He usually doesn't get vampire hunting missions outside of the US," said Joshua. "He tags along with me when I'm out hunting but it's rare for him to get missions outside of the US," he said.

"I saw the influx of people from Chanyeol's faction coming over to Europe, must be something really big then," said Sungjin. "Taeyong and his team got pulled out of South Africa because of it," he said. "Jae was there to meet them at the airport before we left," he said. "Doyoung and Hobi are probably in Poland with Kyuhyun," he said. "With their team anyway," he said. "There has to be an underlying reason for most if not all the US teams to get sent to Europe," said Joshua.

"Next thing you know, Sungcheol's entire pack is here," said Minhyuk. "It's possible," said Joshua. "Even Jun's team said they were ready to go fight some vampires if they were absolutely needed," he said. "If Yongguk gets called out, we know this is really serious," he said. "Or Chanyeol himself," said Dowoon. "Mm," said Minhyuk. "Maybe it's a meeting or something," said Joshua. "For all teams?" Asked Sungjin. "Check your email," said Joshua. Sungjin checked his email on his phone.

"All teams report to corresponding European Faction bases or Yixing's pack house in Germany if you can make it, Berlin is currently under siege, abort all missions that all teams are currently on and make your way to Germany or corresponding European Faction bases," said Sungjin as he saw the email. "We need to go then," said Joshua as he stood, throwing some money down to pay for breakfast before running up to the hotel room to check Skype and pack up. Minhyuk went to do the same thing.

"Okay, I got confirmation that we need to go," said Joshua as he pulled up the same email. "Skype got blown up it seems, everyone in Sungcheol's pack is heading straight to Germany," he said. "Yoongi, Daehyun and Yongguk are in Poland with Doyoung, Hobi and his team, and then Taeyong and his team are in Spain," he said. "I think we need to go straight to Germany from here," said Sungjin as he entered the room. "You guys packed?" He asked. "Yeah," said Joshua as he closed his laptop and grabbed his bag. "Yep," said Minhyuk as he grabbed his back. "Dowoon went to get your Jeep, let's head out," said Sungjin. Joshua nodded and left with Minhyuk and Sungjin.