Chapter 20

A Hunter's Decision

Joshua was better the next day, ready to go. "I'm ready to head out," he said, heading down to the lobby with Mingyu, Minhyuk, Wonwoo, Vernon and Seungkwan. Dowoon and the rest of his pack met them in the lobby, ready to go. "Who all is going?" Asked Joshua as he looked around. "I am," said Minhyuk. "So am I," said Vernon. "I'm going," said Wonwoo. "Alright, the others can stay here for now," said Joshua. "Let's go," he said, heading out to the Jeep.

Joshua drove to the coffee shop with Minhyuk in the passenger seat while Wonwoo, Vernon and Dowoon sat in the back. "Can you see who is at the coffee shop now?" Joshua asked Minhyuk as he gave his phone to Minhyuk. Minhyuk checked Skype. "Taeyong and Moonbin, Doyoung and Hobi, and Sungcheol and Ryeowook," he said.

Joshua clenched his hands on the steering wheel, before sighing. "Whatever, I'm human, I left when he kicked me out," he grumbled as he pulled up to the cafe. "No ill intentions alright? We can fight this out afterwards," he said. Everyone nodded as they got out of the Jeep and headed into the cafe.

"Hey Hobi," said Minhyuk as he grinned. "Yo," said Hoseok as he grinned. "Good to see you again hyung," said Moonbin as he walked over. Joshua nodded. "Likewise," he said. "Hey hyung," said Ryeowook. "What's up Ryeowook," Joshua said with a smile. "Joshua," said Sungcheol. "Sungcheol," said Joshua as he nodded. "I don't want to face your animosity right now," he said. "So can it and let's get this over with," he said.

"Well, I brought a truck," said Moonbin. "I can drive and sit out there and wait for ya'll," he said. "Sure," said Joshua. "Who's going to the building with me then?" He asked. "I am," said Minhyuk and Ryeowook. "Me too," said Wonwoo. "Alright, let's go," said Joshua as he headed out with Moonbin and the others.

Moonbin drove while Joshua was in the passenger seat. The others were in the trunk, talking amongst themselves. "Sungcheol is a real douche bag," said Moonbin as he drove. "You don't say?" Asked Joshua. Moonbin chuckled some. "But really though, why'd you stay with him for so long?" He asked. Joshua let out a sigh. "I was a beta at the time, I think due to that I couldn't leave, plus he was the only person who really accepted me," he said. "I owe it to Sungcheol because he accepted me and let me stay," he said. "You're human now it seems," said Moonbin. "You can leave that pack," he said. "I know," said Joshua.

They reached the building, and Moonbin looked at it. "Well, good luck," said Moonbin as he turned off the ignition. Joshua nodded and got out, closing the door. "Let's go," he said to the others. They hopped out of the truck and followed Joshua into the building. The doors closed and locked behind them and the lights turned off.

One of the lights again and Joshua spotted his father. "I was expecting you Jisoo," said Junsu as he walked over with his hands in his pockets. "Father," said Joshua as he kept his expression blank. "What brings your mutt friends here?" Asked Junsu. "We're here to end this damn feud once and for all," said Joshua.

"Why did you go this far just to bring me out of hiding?" He asked. "To bring you back of course, Jaejoong told me about your visit to his territory," said Junsu. "Isn't a parent supposed to let go of their offspring when they choose to leave to pursue their own dreams?" Asked Joshua. "A parent is supposed be proud of their child's accomplishments," he said.

"What have you accomplished then Jisoo?" Asked Junsu. "I created my own faction for one," said Joshua. "I changed my name to Joshua, and I'm no longer a werewolf," he said. "I got out of the pack that caused me so much trouble, and I'm happy with my mate, who found his other mate in me," he said. "I'm leading a successful career as a vampire hunter, what else do you want to know?" He asked.

"I just want you to come home," said Junsu. "I may, if you hand back Berlin," said Joshua. "I need to branch off from the old pack, because I want to continue my career as a vampire hunter," he said. "But you have to accept that I work with werewolves, and... I've stopped changing," he said. "I've decided to finally start living my life as a human," he said.

"You drove mom away you know," said Ryeowook as he spoke up. "I don't even know where she went but stop this nonsense," he said. Junsu sighed. "Fine, I hand Berlin back in the control of the werewolves," he said. "I'm going to leave here, come visit some time Ji-Joshua," he said. Joshua nodded, smiling slightly. "I will," he said, before turning when they heard the doors unlock and swing open. "Don't do anything stupid," said Wonwoo as he eyed Junsu before leaving with Joshua and the others.

"You know," said Minhyuk as they stood outside the building. "Your father seems like less of a douche bag than Sungcheol," he said. "Father finally got with the times it seems," said Joshua as Moonbin pulled up in the truck. "It went well?" Asked Moonbin as Joshua got in the passenger seat and the others got in the trunk. "Yep," said Joshua. "He's handing Berlin back, but we should have a group stay around to make sure he stays on his word," he said. "Don't worry, Chanwoo can take care of that," said Moonbin. "Let's go," he said before driving off in the truck, heading back to the Cafe.

"It went well?" Asked Dowoon as they got back to the cafe. "Yep," said Joshua as he got out of the truck with the others. "Good, we can finally do all our missions," said Vernon as he chuckled some. Moonbin laughs. "Well, good luck to you," he said as Taeyong came out of the cafe. "Not gonna stick around then?" Asked Joshua as he turned to Moonbin. "No," said Moonbin. "My pack is anxiously waiting my return, and it took a lot of convincing to let Taeyong come along," he said. "We better head back then," said Taeyong as he got in the truck. Moonbin waved before driving off.

The rest of the afternoon was full of celebrations as the siege on Berlin finally ended. Chanwoo and Jinwoo provided free coffee to everyone as celebrations went on. Joshua had updated all the group chats on Skype and were met with many congratulations, even one from Yixing himself. They all knew this would be the last time everyone would really be together, having fun like this. They knew that after today, everyone had to return to their missions, and finish whatever they had to do.

Sungcheol confronted Joshua just before he left to head back to Wustermark with the others. "Hyung," said Sungcheol. "Hm?" Asked Joshua as he turned to Sungcheol. "I'm sorry," said Sungcheol. "I shouldn't've been too hard on you or the others," he said, scratching the back of his head. Joshua shook his head. "Don't worry about it," he said.

"But I've made the decision, I'm leaving the pack as soon as I get done with these missions," he said. "I never fit in anyway, I stuck around because I owed it to you for letting me stay," he said. "It's not me you should be apologizing to either Sungcheol," he said, before getting in the Jeep where the others were waiting. "Good luck on your missions then," he said before starting the Jeep and driving off.