Chapter 6

A Hunter's Decision

Minhyuk woke, whimpering into Joshua's back as he clung to Joshua, clutching the back of Joshua's shirt as he tried to quiet down his whimpering. Joshua grumbled and turned around, bringing Minhyuk to his chest in a hug as he whispered sweet words in his ear as he tried to calm Minhyuk down.

They heard Cory wake up from a nightmare, with Jimin's muffled voice trying to calm him down. Ryeowook's muffled voice came from the hallway, asking if everything was alright. When they heard Jimin give a muffled confirmation that Cory was okay they heard footsteps and Joshua saw the door to their room open. "You alright?" Asked Ryeowook as he peeked his head inside. "Yeah," said Joshua. Minhyuk hummed in response. "Alright," said Ryeowook. "I'll get started on coffee," he said. "Join me in the kitchen whenever," he said before closing the door. They heard the footsteps head into the kitchen.

Minhyuk buried his face into Joshua's chest mumbling about not wanting to get up yet. "I know," said Joshua as he reached over and grabbed his phone off the nightstand to see if they got any new missions. He laughed lightly when he saw a selfie from Vernon and Seungkwan. Seungkwan had an arm over Vernon's shoulder grinning. He was the one holding the camera. "What's up?" Asked Minhyuk as he turned slightly to look. "Aw, cute," he said, smiling slightly. "You think they're gonna ever come back to the US?" He asked. "I asked them when I was sent to South Korea to check on them and kill my next list of vampires and they were quite fine with being there," said Joshua. "Oh, okay," said Minhyuk.

"We should get up," said Joshua after a few minutes. "I guess," mumbled Minhyuk as he moved away and sat up. Joshua got up and stretched before walking out of the room to go brush his teeth and get ready for the day. Minhyuk got dressed before heading into the bathroom and brushing his teeth after Joshua left the bathroom to go into the kitchen were Ryeowook was making breakfast with Siwon.

"It's been so quiet," mumbled Siwon. "Hey," said Joshua as he glared at Siwon. "Don't knock off on the nightmares," he said. "Experiencing the aftermath is one thing, but actually experiencing the nightmares is another thing," he said. "Sorry, sorry," said Siwon as he sighed.

"Hyung," said Ryeowook as he turned to Joshua. "Mm?" Asked Joshua as he looked at Ryeowook. "Isn't there something you told me if Cory started having nightmares?" He asked. "Oh," said Joshua as he heard Jimin and Cory leave their room and make their way into the kitchen. "Sorry about waking you guys up," said Jimin as he scratched the back of his head. "No, it's fine," said Siwon. Cory scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

Minhyuk came out of the bathroom, nodding to the others. "Well, let's get breakfast," said Ryeowook as he turned back to the stove to check on breakfast. There was a knock on the door and Joshua went to answer. "Oh, hey Kihyun," he said, letting Kihyun in. "Hey Kihyun," said Jimin as he tackled Kihyun. "You got done with your mission?" He asked. "Yeah," said Kihyun as he chuckled some. "I guess Jungkook told you where we were?" Asked Cory as he walked over. Kihyun shook his head. "You guys used the group chat," he said, chuckling some. "Oh, right," Cory said, scratching the back of his head. "Well, you ready to head home?" He asked Jimin. "Yeah, let's eat breakfast first," he said.

After breakfast was over Cory and Jimin packed their bags, putting it in Kihyun's jeep. Joshua came outside to say goodbye as he nodded to Cory and Jimin. "Sorry I couldn't stay any longer," said Kihyun as he scratched the back of his head. "No problems," said Joshua. "Just be mindful of Cory, he's been having nightmares again," he said. "Again? Alright," said Kihyun. He waited for Jimin and Cory to be done before he got into the jeep. Jimin was driving while Cory was in the back. Joshua waved to them until they were out of sight, shaking his head some before heading inside.

Minhyuk tilted his head at Joshua, noticing something. "What's up Josh?" He asked. "Nothing," said Joshua. "Just kind of reminiscing on old times," he said. "What do you want to do today?" He asked. "Can we just have a movie day? Ryeowook and Siwon wanted one," said Minhyuk. "Sure," said Joshua. "Who's picking the movie?" He asked. "I will," said Siwon.

"Please be in English," said Minhyuk. "Subtitles are fun and all but I want to understand the language," he said. "Yeah, we can do that," said Ryeowook. "Choose a movie Siwon," he said to Siwon. "Make sure it's in English," he said. Siwon nodded and browsed through the list of movies, deciding to go with the Aliens franchise.

Joshua went to get popcorn and curled up on the floor with Minhyuk while Ryeowook and Siwon were on the couch. "Oooh, this is a classic, saw this in theaters," said Joshua. "Really?" Asked Minhyuk. "Yep," he said. "I remember this movie," said Ryeowook. "It was rather odd," he said, chuckling some. "Mm," said Siwon.

After Aliens, Joshua paused the movie to refill their popcorn and grabbed everyone a drink before coming back with the popcorn and move on to Alien 3. "What time is it?" Asked Ryeowook. "A bit after 3," said Joshua. "When was you two's last mission anyway?" Asked Siwon. "Erm, last month," Joshua said in Korean. "Ah," said Siwon.

"Did he ask when our last missions were?" Asked Minhyuk. "Yeah," said Joshua. "Okay, I'm starting to pick up more on these conversations," said Minhyuk as he chuckled some. "Good," said Joshua as he turned back to the movie. "Still a lot to teach you, but we're getting somewhere," he said, smiling a bit. "You're a great teacher Josh, admit it," said Ryeowook as he chuckled some. Joshua laughs, shaking his head.