Chapter 1

A Hunter's Decision

Joshua sat in the living room of his apartment, watching some TV. He had moved out of the pack house because his brother and his mate had moved in. He didn't stay too far away from the pack house because, well he was still a part of Sungcheol's pack. There was no animosity between Joshua, his brother and Sungcheol and the others, they accepted him because he stayed around for so long. It felt weird for them to kick him out so he stayed.

"Hi Josh," said Minhyuk as he walked into the livingroom. "Hey," said Joshua as he looked from the TV and at Minhyuk. "What's up?" He asked. "Did you get your next missions?" He asked. "No," said Minhyuk as he walked over and sat beside Joshua. "I just miss it being us, it's been quiet," he said. Joshua nodded. "It has been quiet," he said.

"I'm surprised the two youngest didn't drag you out shopping," he said with a grin. Minhyuk laughs. "I'm not one for shopping, you know that," he said. "Sure sure," said Joshua as he chuckled some. "Where's your brother anyway?" Asked Minhyuk. "I think he went to get dinner or something, or go on a date with Siwon, they were never really specific," said Joshua as he shrugs. "Mm," said Minhyuk as he turned his attention to the TV. "What are we watching anyway?" He asked. "Some TV show that popped up randomly," said Joshua. "Hm," said Minhyuk.

There was a knock on the door and Joshua tilted his head in confusion before getting up and going to answer the door. "Oh, hey guys," he said when he saw Jimin and Cory at the door. "Hi," Jimin said with a grin. "Where's Kihyun?" Asked Joshua. "He was sent out on a mission, Cory wanted to come to Boston so," Jimin said with a shrug. "Hey Jimin," said Minhyuk as he came to the door. "Hi Minhyuk," said Jimin.

"This is Cory, he's my pure blood mate," he said. "Hi," said Cory as he scratched the back of his head. "Hey," said Joshua. "Come on in, don't let me be rude here," he said, laughing some as he moved to let them in. Once they were in the apartment Joshua closed the door behind them.

"So what brings you to Boston? Other than letting Cory sight see," Joshua said as they settled down in the livingroom. "Nothing really," said Jimin. "We would've had Kisu come with us but he's busy with Youngjae and Jooheon," he said. "Hm," said Joshua. "Have you heard from Jinyoung yet?" Asked Minhyuk. Jimin shook his head. "As far as I know, he's been busy with missions," he said. "It's sad, what had happened to Mark," he said. "Yeah," said Minhyuk. "It couldn't be avoided though," he said, sighing a bit. Joshua nodded some.

"You know," said Cory as he changed the subject. "Hongseob talks about how he's grateful that you formed a faction in South Korea all the time," he said. "Really?" Asked Joshua as he chuckled some. "I figured that some of the smaller vampire hunters needed a boost," he said. "I started with South Korea because it was home to me," he said. "I was surprised actually, when Sungcheol said it was okay for me to create my own faction," he said. "Mm," said Cory.

"So how long are you two staying?" Asked Minhyuk. "A couple days, there's a baseball game going on at the stadium," said Jimin. "I've never seen a baseball game before, there's a lot of talk about it but that's it," said Cory as he shrugs. "Hm," said Minhyuk. "When is it?" He asked. "Tomorrow I think," said Jimin. "We got tickets already so," he said, shrugging.

"It'd be a fun thing to take the two youngest to," said Joshua. "Oh god, those two will be bouncing off the walls," said Minhyuk. Joshua laughs. "It'll get rid of their excess energy," he said. "They need to calm down like seriously," he said. "It might help," Cory said with a grin. "If anything, this is a chance for Jimin to burn off the excess energy too," he said.

"Yah! I'm not as bad as those two you punk!" Said Jimin as he lightly punched Cory in the arm. "Besides, I can burn off the energy in other ways," he grumbled, causing Cory to blush. "We came here to relax and enjoy a game of baseball, not do that," grumbled Cory. Minhyuk and Joshua laugh. "Someone's frustrated," Minhyuk said with a snicker. "Please, if anything Jimin's the most ually frustrated," said Cory. Jimin sighed and excused himself, going into the bathroom.

"He's still young, it'll go away with time," said Joshua as he chuckled some. "At least you aren't there when Jungkook and Changkhyun are going at it," Cory said with a sigh as he shook his head. "That bad?" Asked Minhyuk. "Jimin asked for a and both Kihyun and I outright refused, what does that tell you?" Asked Cory as he gave a deadpanned look. Joshua snickered. "No wonder he's more moody than usual," he said.

"Well, you two can have the guest room, just don't ya know, dirty the sheets," said Minhyuk as he snickered. "We aren't that bad!" Said Cory as he facepalmed. "One day you'll give into his demands," said Joshua. "Unfortunately you have a point, but he doesn't get the reason why I'm so hesitant," said Cory.

"It's about your past isn't it?" Asked Minhyuk. Cory nodded. "Something could happen in the middle of it and people could get killed," he said. "It is possible," said Joshua. "But you know how to snap yourself out of it," he said. "Not when I'm already in that state," said Cory. "They do know how to snap me out of it but one day that's going to fail," he said. "I just have a feeling it will," he said.

Jimin came out of the bathroom after a few minutes, nodding at Joshua and Minhyuk before smiling some at Cory. "Well, let's get unpacked and settled in shall we?" He asked. "Sure," said Cory before they headed out to grab their bags.