Chapter 8

A Hunter's Decision

Their flight to England went rather smoothly, and they landed in London. "Where is your first vampire?" Asked Joshua as they walked out of the airport after getting a rental car sent to their location. "Here," said Minhyuk as he showed the location on his phone.

"Alright, let's get a hotel and sleep off this jet lag," said Joshua as the rental car pulled up. He thanked the driver and got into the driver's seat with Minhyuk in the passenger seat. "Always have to get a Jeep or an SUV huh?" Asked Minhyuk as he looked around the SUV. Joshua chuckled some as he drove off, heading to the nearest hotel.

They got checked into the hotel and Joshua grabbed his laptop and set up at the desk, opening it and turning it on. He made sure he was connected to the internet as he signed into skype. Minhyuk laid on one of the double beds, connected to the internet on his phone as he browsed through his text messages. "I know we don't have phone service but I hope people are smart enough to sign into Skype," grumbled Joshua. "They should be," said Minhyuk as he looked up from his phone.

"What are you checking anyway?" Asked Minhyuk as he heard Joshua typing furiously. "I'm just trying to look for routes to your vampires in France," said Joshua. "Do you want to go to Germany from there or go to Spain?" He asked. "Well you have your vampires to kill too," said Minhyuk. "Isn't one of yours in Spain?" He asked. "We can go there then make our way up to Poland," he said. "Sure," said Joshua.

"Room Service!" Came a voice from outside. "We didn't order room service?" Asked Minhyuk as he looked towards the door. "I know who that is," Joshua said with a chuckle. "Come in Sungjin!" He called. "Aw, ruin the fun why don't you," said Sungjin as he entered the room. "You can yell at Jae for telling us you were here," said Joshua as he pointed at the laptop. "Damn it Jae," grumbled Sungjin. "What brings you to England?" Asked Joshua as he turned his chair to look at Sungjin. "We got our missions here," said Sungjin as he shrugs. "Dowoon and I anyway," he said.

"So Dowoon is here," said Minhyuk as he tilted his head to the side. "Yeah," said Sungjin. "You guys aren't completely human?" Asked Minhyuk. Sungjin tilted his head to the side. "He doesn't know?" He asked as he turned to Joshua, who shook his head. "I didn't think we'd run into you immediately," said Joshua.

"When are you guys coming back to the US? Sungcheol's been asking about ya'll," he said. "Not anytime soon," said Sungjin as he scratched the back of his head. "Our faction's still pretty new," he said, shrugging. "Once we establish ourselves in Spain we'll come for a visit," he said. "Mm, makes sense," said Joshua. "We could become allies," he said. "Oh right, you made your own faction too," said Sungjin. "We'll talk officially when we're back at my place," he said. "Sure," said Joshua as he leaned back in the chair. "I'll leave you two be then," said Sungjin before he turned and left the room.

"Okay, spill the beans," said Minhyuk as he put his phone down. "Fine," said Joshua as he sighed, getting up and stretching before going to sit in the other double bed, bringing his laptop with him.

"Do you know of the animals that can disguise themselves as humans?" He asked. "Those exist?" Asked Minhyuk. "Yes," said Joshua. "They aren't shapeshifters, nor are they werewolves for the wolves that can disguise themselves as humans," he said. "They basically put up this illusion of a human form, with varying degrees of clothes on, depending on climate and other things," he said. "The most famous depiction of them is actually in the anime Wolf's Rain, which is accurate to a degree," he said, shrugging. "But humans didn't evolve from wolves, or other animals for that matter," he said. "The animals themselves evolved that way," he said.

"So the Eurasian Wolf," said Minhyuk. "In some places in Europe they're completely extinct but are they really?" He asked. "Sungjin's pack are Eurasian wolves," said Joshua. "You'll meet them later, maybe we'll run into Dowoon while we're here," he said. "Have you seen their wolf selves?" Asked Minhyuk. "I've only seen Sungjin's, he's nothing too extravagant, just a normal Eurasian Grey Wolf," said Joshua. "It's pretty normal for them, but there's definite personalities for each wolf that makes them different," he said.

"Do you want to sleep in the other bed or sleep in the same bed?" He asked. "Same bed please," said Minhyuk. Joshua nodded and got up, going to take a shower. Minhyuk played on his phone a little bit more, waiting for Joshua to come out of the shower before going to take his turn in the shower once Joshua came out of the bathroom.

Minhyuk came out of the bathroom, looking towards the bed and spotting Joshua in his animal form. He chuckled some and went over and pet Joshua on the head, smiling when Joshua started purring. "I figured you'd be in animal form," he said. "We don't get much privacy anymore," he said, sighing as he laid down beside Joshua, throwing an arm over Joshua's body and falling asleep listening to his purring.