Chapter 15

A Hunter's Decision

When they got back to Wustermark Jae met them outside the hotel. "Welcome back you three," said Jae. "What's up hyung?" Asked Brian as he got out of the Jeep with Joshua and Minhyuk getting out after a few minutes. "Nothing, the others were waiting your return, Wonwoo wants to speak to you Joshua," said Jae. "Sure, tell him to meet us in my room," said Joshua as he headed inside. Minhyuk followed after him. After a few minutes Jae walked inside with Brian following after him.

"What do you need Wonwoo?" Asked Joshua as Wonwoo entered the room. "I wanted to join your faction," said Wonwoo. "Any reason for doing so?" Asked Joshua. "It's not because of Sungcheol," said Wonwoo as Vernon and Seungkwan busied themselves with something on Vernon's phone. "It's not because of that night either," he added as an after thought. Joshua's expression turned serious as he clenched his hands into his fists, the trembling starting. A growl rumbled through Minhyuk's chest at that but Joshua put his hand up to calm him down.

"We don't speak of that night again," said Joshua as he forced the trembling in his hands to calm down a little. He took a deep breath and shook his head. "What is your reasoning behind this?" He asked. "Dowoon expressed wanting to join your faction, and he had talked to Sungjin about it," said Wonwoo. "I know there's a long process of interviews and things," he said. Joshua nodded and took out his laptop from his bag and turned it on. "Give me a couple hours, I need to think," he said. Wonwoo nodded and left the hotel room.

"Hyung," said Vernon after a few minutes. "Hm?" Asked Joshua. "What caused you to leave the pack house?" Asked Vernon. "Well," said Joshua. "When I became a regular shapeshifter again, my alpha aura woke with a vengeance," he said. "Apparently in my genes I am a main alpha and Sungcheol and I clashed a lot," he said. "Eventually it came to a boiling point and well," he said.

 

~



Sungcheol and Joshua were arguing over Joshua's faction because it was new and had apparently divided the pack in two. "I agreed to let you branch off, not take half my pack with you," said Sungcheol. Joshua growled. "I never took half your pack with me," he said, trying to keep his trembling hands still as he kept his anger in check. "I only asked and besides, only Vernon and Seungkwan agreed to join my faction, Minhyuk wasn't even a part of any faction so he asked to join mine," he said. "My brother had asked to join my faction, and his mate never had a faction to begin with," he said.

"What about Jeonghan? Jun? The kids?" Asked Sungcheol. "If you bothered to ask them instead of accusing me of stealing your pack mates then you'd clearly see that they never left in the first place," Joshua said, taking a deep breath. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked. "You'd think that after all these years I'd take over like this?" He asked. "You want me out so badly then just say it," he said, his voice quiet as he turned away and went to his room to grab his phone.

"Get out then," said Sungcheol. "Get your crap and get the hell out of this pack house," he spat. "Fine then," said Joshua. He grabbed his laptop and the charger for it along with his keys and phone. "Give my room to the kids, or trash it, I can see I'm no longer needed here," he said before leaving.

 

~



"Well, after that Jun, and Jeonghan both got into a huge argument with Sungcheol, even Chan threatened leaving," said Joshua as he sighed, leaning back in the chair and putting his hands behind his head. "By then the kids came over to stay at my brother's apartment, which was now our apartment and my faction's base of operations, neither of them wanting to be around with all the fighting going on," he said.

"Eventually we came to a truce," he said. "He apologized, but never asked for me to come back to the house in case something like that happened again, which I understood," he said. "I never left the pack, but after that night I was tempted to," he said.

"After so long, what's stopping me from leaving this time?" He asked. "I stayed because of you two, and for Minghao and DK, along with Chan and Jeonghan," he said. "I couldn't ask you two to come with me, and the two youngest are too young to be faced with a decision like that," he said. "Jeonghan had a reputation to keep with being a group leader and Chan couldn't leave Jun," he said.

"After a long talk," said Minhyuk. "I think it was Ryeowook that convinced Sungcheol to come to terms with the fact that you being a main alpha and him being a main alpha meant that you two couldn't be in the same house," he said. "So it worked out in the end I guess," he said. "I guess so," said Joshua as he set his laptop on the desk. "Well, I'm going to get Wonwoo and talk to him," he said, getting up and leaving the hotel room.

He knocked on the door to Sungjin's room, and Wonpil opened the door, grinning when he saw Joshua. "Wonwoo-hyung, Joshua's here," he said. "Hey now," said Joshua as he slapped Wonpil over the head. "That's Joshua-hyung to you," he said. "Ow," whined Wonpil. "Fine," he said, pouting. Wonwoo came to the door, nodding to Joshua. "We can take this down to the lobby," he said. Joshua nodded and headed down to the lounge area in the lobby with Wonwoo following after him.

"This is going to be rather difficult," said Joshua once they sat down in the lounge area. "Considering what had happened that one night, however I am willing to give you a chance to join, if Sungcheol lets you," he said. "He'll probably end up starting up this argument again, and I want to avoid it at all cost," he said. Wonwoo nodded. "Okay," he said.

"If he says no, then you can stay with his faction but Dowoon will still go through the interviews and things," said Joshua. "So," he said, getting up and going to pat Wonwoo on the shoulder. "Talk to him," he said before heading back to his hotel room.