Chapter 4

A Hunter's Decision

The day went by quick after lunch, with everyone basically getting a chance to get what they wanted. No one wanted to go home as they hung out around the mall. Chan and Jun went home with Woozi before dinner with Joshua promising to drop off the two youngest as Jimin decided to explore around again, claiming to not have looked around the stores long enough to be satisfied.

Cory and the others lounged on a bench in front of a store that Jimin dragged Minhyuk into, exclaiming that Minhyuk just had to look at this store with him. Minghao and DK went to get more pretzels so Joshua and Cory were left to themselves for a little bit.

"You've been a little quiet," Joshua said to Cory. "I think it's just me being tired," said Cory. "I haven't been getting much sleep," he said. "Nightmares?" Asked Joshua. "You'd hear me if it was nightmares," said Cory. "True," said Joshua. "Things are a bit different now I guess for you," he said. "Maybe you're just homesick," he said. "Probably," said Cory. "I think being homesick is part of the reason because I'm not from here," he said.

"Even after spending a year here I'm not really used to calling this home," he said. "Home is where you grew up," said Joshua. "I'd love to return home someday, if I wasn't being hunted down by my father," he said. "You still have family?" Asked Cory as he tilted his head to the side. "Mhm," said Joshua. "I wonder if my family is still alive, it's highly unlikely though," said Cory. "It's just me, and when I left for Japan it didn't seem like my parents wanted another child," he said. "Hm," said Joshua.

Minghao and DK came back with pretzels and drinks sitting down beside Joshua. "What pretzels did you two get?" Asked Joshua. "The sugar kind," said Minghao. "I got the salty pretzel," said DK as he held up his. "Don't eat anymore, I'm getting dinner for you two and my brother," said Joshua. "Granted he didn't go out with Siwon again," he said and went to make sure by texting his brother to see. When he got a response he nodded. "Yep, we're getting dinner for them too," he said. "If Jimin doesn't want to get left behind, I suggest one of you go get him," he said. "I'll get him," said Cory as he stood, going into the store to go find Jimin and Minhyuk.

Cory came back out of the store with Minhyuk and Jimin following after him. Something about Cory had Joshua keep an eye on him as they went to get dinner. Minghao and DK kept the mood light as they got pizza for dinner. Joshua got Subway sandwiches for Ryeowook and Siwon before getting Chick-Fil-A with Jimin, Minhyuk and Cory.

After dropping off the two youngest at the pack house Joshua drove home, making sure to text Ryeowook to let him know they were on their way home. Cory was silent as he sat in the passenger seat, looking out the window. Joshua drove in silence, being in his own thoughts as Minhyuk and Jimin were in the back talking quietly.

"You're being quiet again," Joshua said in Korean as he drove, being stuck in traffic. "Mm," said Cory. "I'm going to be okay," he said in Korean. "Just trying to... Be normal," he said. "Cory," Joshua said carefully as he stopped at a stoplight and turned to Cory. Cory turned to Joshua with his head tilted to the side. Joshua blinked and shook his head.

"Nothing, Joohyun," he said, causing Cory to blink. "Oh," Cory said, his voice quieter. "I wasn't even aware of this," he said. "It's a good thing I noticed," said Joshua as the light turned green and he continued driving. "Mm," said Cory. "You never told me how you know me," he said. "I'm sure you'll remember," said Joshua as he shrugs.

"You two okay up there?" Came Minhyuk's concerned voice. "I heard you use Cory's human name," he said. "Everything is fine, caught it early," Joshua said in English. "Alright," said Minhyuk. Jimin had fallen asleep in the backseat.

"Where are we going?" Asked Cory. "I feel like driving around for a bit," Joshua said in Korean. "Unless you want to go home now?" He asked. "We can go home now, I think Jimin's asleep back there," said Cory. "Alright," said Joshua as he made the turn towards home.

When they got there Cory helped Jimin up to the apartment, Minhyuk following after them with Ryeowook's dinner. Joshua stood outside the apartment building, looking up at the sky. He seemed to be waiting for someone as Cory came outside.

"Seriously, spill it, how the hell do you know me?" Cory asked. Joshua sighed. "Alright, but let's take a car ride," he said. Cory looked wary. "I am not going to kill you, you will literally kill me before I will lay a finger on you," Joshua said in Japanese. Cory let out a deep breath before nodding. Joshua motioned for him to get in the jeep before getting into the driver's seat. Cory got into the passenger seat and Joshua took a minute to text the group chat saying he was out doing some last minute things before starting the jeep and driving off.