Chapter 18

A Hunter's Decision

Joshua looked up when it started to rain. He had managed to sit under a small overhang so he wouldn't get wet but he moved to sit on something so he wasn't sitting on the ground. He continued to plan with the others, deciding to go with what they had done when Hyungwon went to confront his father.

"I think it'll work anyway," said Joshua. "Have everyone on standby if something goes wrong," he said as he looked at skype wondering what the others in the call thought. "I think it'll work," said Kyuhyun. "You talk like you have experience with this," said Moonbin. "We did," said Ryeowook as he scratched the back of his head.

"Hyung, is it raining?" Asked Ryeowook. Joshua nodded. "I'm fine, I'm under a overhang," he said. "Is there any reason that Sungcheol isn't here in the call?" Asked Moonbin. "Not really," said Joshua. "Just Sungcheol being moody because people from his pack want to join my faction," he said. Kyuhyun snorts. "Kids," he said. "If I recall hyung, Sungcheol is around Joshua's age," said Moonbin. "Age doesn't always mean maturity," said Joshua. "It may be the case with Sungcheol," Ryeowook said with a chuckle. 

"I don't know what his problem is," grumbled Joshua. "He's an alpha, the main one at that," said Kyuhyun. "It's natural for him, to want to do everything to keep the pack together, I'm surprised he never kicked you out because you started a faction," he said. "His reasoning for keeping me around was the fact that I stayed around for so long," said Joshua.

"We've had our fair share of people coming and going with the pack, mostly because no one liked Sungcheol," he said. "The only groups that stayed was Jeonghan and Jun's groups," he said. "Jeonghan and Jun really stayed for me, and the rest of their groups stayed for them, well except our two youngest," he said. "They stayed for me, as I found out when I got kicked out of the pack house," he said. "They didn't join their respective groups until Hoshi saved Minghao from a werewolf hunter and Minghao found DK when he was out doing a mission for Kris," he said. "That was... 3 years ago?" He asked. "Mm," said Ryeowook.

"Anyway," said Joshua. "So we each send people to meet up at the coffee shop," he said. "And then I drive to the location, they're expecting me so," he said. "We enter the building and go confront my father, and try to get him to hand over Berlin back to us," he said.

"There has to be some weird reasoning that he decided to take over Berlin out of all places," grumbled Moonbin. "It was to draw me out of hiding," Joshua said, sighing. "He isn't aware that I don't even use my human name anymore, but most people know it by now," he said. "Which I find very odd because we were in South Korea pretty recently, you'd think he'd confront me then," he said. "Hyung, I don't even think he was in South Korea at the time," said Ryeowook. "I guess," said Joshua.

"We'll head out in 2 days then?" He asked. "Sure," said Moonbin. "I'll send someone your way," said Kyuhyun. "Same, but if Sungcheol decides to tag along," Ryeowook said, tilting his head. "I'll deal with it then," said Joshua. "Stay safe," he said before hanging up and closing his laptop.

He sighed as he leaned back, looking up at the cloudy sky. He then heard Minhyuk's voice as Minhyuk called for him. "Josh?" Asked Minhyuk as he came up to the roof. "Over here," called Joshua as he wondered if he should move or not. Minhyuk walked over, his head tilting to the side. "It's raining," he said. "I know," said Joshua. "I'm under a small overhang so," he said, shrugging. He got up and made sure his laptop would stay dry before heading inside with Minhyuk following after him.

"How'd planning go?" Asked Vernon as Joshua entered the hotel room. "Fine," said Joshua. "Everyone agreed to go with the plan we did when we went after the Chae's," he said. "Someone's going to die coming out of this then," said Vernon as his expression turned blank. "I know," said Joshua. "But I am prepared for the consequences of what we are going to do," he said.

"Now the real planning we need to do begins then," he said as he sat down at the desk and put his laptop on it. "Who's going with me to the coffee shop then?" He asked. "I'm going," said Minhyuk as he looked determined. "I'm not going to let you go die," he said. "Dowoon wants to help," said Vernon. "Brian and Jae can be our way out then," said Joshua. "We'll need someone to be with the Jeep and be an escape in case something happens," he said. "Alright," said Vernon. "You should do that with everyone else, not everyone is going to fit in the Jeep," he said. "I'll let my brother, Kyuhyun and Moonbin know then," said Joshua as he went to do that.

Sungjin poked his head in the doorway, knocking. "What's up Sungjin?" Asked Joshua. "Mind if Wonwoo rooms in here for the night? Nothing against him, but Dowoon wants to spend one last night with us," said Sungjin. "Er," said Joshua. "I guess?" He asked. "Wonwoo's going to have the floor then, we don't have any room," he said. Sungjin nodded and left the room.

Wonwoo came into the room, scratching the back of his head. "Dowoon seems to want to join your pack," he said. "I figured," said Joshua. "Do you want to come with us?" He asked. Wonwoo nodded. "Alright," said Joshua. "Get some rest everyone, we'll be heading out in two days," he said.

That night Joshua hung out on the roof under the overhang, looking up at the dark sky as it continued to rain. He was nervous, having not seen his father since he left South Korea, but he was determined to put this feud behind them once and for all. He laid down against the little bit of raised concrete under the overhang and threw his arm over his eyes to try and sleep.