Chapter 16

A Hunter's Decision

Joshua was in the middle of conversing with Minhyuk when he got a call from Sungcheol on Skype. He picked up, waving to Sungcheol and his brother. "What's up?" He asked. "I heard that Wonwoo found his other mate," said Sungcheol as he waved to Minhyuk, Vernon and Seungkwan who were in the background. "Yeah," said Joshua. "Did he get in touch with you or did Mingyu tell you?" He asked. "Mingyu told me," said Sungcheol.

"Where are you guys now?" Asked Joshua as he checked his other skype messages. "East of Berlin," said Sungcheol. "Heard Moonbin even came out of Africa to join this raid," he said. "Yep," said Joshua. "Chanwoo talked about it, he's in the south," he said. "I'd love to work with Moonbin again," said Sungcheol as he scratched the back of his head. "I don't even know what we're going to do," said Joshua. "But we'll come up with something," he said. "Everyone is here to give their input if you need it," said Sungcheol. "Thanks Sungcheol," said Joshua.

"Hyung," said Ryeowook. "Hm?" Asked Joshua. "Mingyu had a conversation with me in what little Korean he could speak," Ryeowook said in Korean. "Mm," said Joshua. Sungcheol knew this was a serious topic so he left, leaving the two brothers by themselves. "He also said something about joining your faction," said Ryeowook. Joshua sighed. "I'm going to tell you what I told Wonwoo," he said in Korean. "The only way they can join is if Sungcheol lets them," he said. "I'll let him know," said Ryeowook. Joshua nodded. "I'll see you around then," he said. Ryeowook nodded and hung up.

Joshua leaned back in his chair, sighing as he shook his head. "I feel like I've taken half the pack again," he grumbled. "Sungcheol is either going to disband his pack and go solo or banish me," he said. Minhyuk sighed. "I don't know if he'll go to such lengths," he said. "He still has Jeonghan and Jun and the rest of their teams," he said. "He's possibly losing his two best betas," said Joshua. "We'll make it work," said Minhyuk. "Somehow anyway," he said. Joshua nodded.

"Hyung," said Wonpil as he poked his head in the door. "We need to go scout the building out," he said. Joshua blinked before nodding. "Well, let's go then," he said, getting up. He went to his bag and searched through it, finding his phone. "I'll keep in touch when I have internet," he said. "If we're not back in two hours send someone after us," he said. Minhyuk nodded. Joshua left the hotel room with Wonpil following after him.

"You're not being your usual hyper self," said Joshua as he drove the Jeep to Berlin. Wonpil snorts. "I'm not that bad," he said. "It's a defense kind of thing more than anything," he said. "Hiding the real me from others, only Sungjin and Dowoon know about it," he said. "Hm," said Joshua as he stopped at a stoplight.

"Wonwoo is a cool guy," Wonpil said, scratching the back of his head. "I was a but hesitant to get to know him but," he sad, shrugging. Joshua smiled slightly. "I've known him for years now," he said. "He's been one of Sungcheol's most loyal betas, him and Mingyu," he said. "Chan and I were his betas before Jeonghan and Jun joined us," he said. "Hm," said Wonpil.

They reached the building after a few minutes, Joshua parking across the street from it and turning off the jeep. "A plain building it seems," said Wonpil as he looked at the building. "Seems so," said Joshua as he checked to see if he could get internet service. He set up a VPN so no one could trace his phone as he updated the group chats on Skype.

"Do you want to try and scout the inside of the building?" Asked Wonpil as he looked around. Joshua looked up from his phone before shrugging. "I don't want to get caught yet," he said. "We're only scouting, not doing a recon mission," he said.

There was a knock on the window and Joshua turned to see Chanwoo standing there. Wonpil rolled down the window wondering what was up. "Ya'll are more obvious than anything you know," said Chanwoo as he grinned. "I've been asked by Moonbin to scout the area so," he said, shrugging. "Did you find anything useful?" Asked Joshua. "Not really, mind if I climb in?" Asked Chanwoo. Joshua nodded and Chanwoo got into the back of the Jeep, sitting down as Wonpil rolled up the window.

"It's been quiet, no one really enters or leaves the building," said Chanwoo. "Something about the place gives me the chills, like there's something going on inside that I can't put a finger on," he said. "From what I've gathered, Junsu is there, but I'm not sure of the layout of the building so," he said, shrugging. "Hm," said Joshua as he looked at the building again. "Is there anything else you managed to gather?" He asked. "Not exactly no, this is from Jinwoo who managed to get himself inside," said Chanwoo.

"Who is Jinwoo anyway?" Asked Joshua. "A member of Moonbin's faction," said Chanwoo. "He also runs that cafe," he said. "He runs a pack near Berlin but they don't do much hunting anymore," he said. "It's only Mino who hunts now since the others work at the cafe," he said. "Hm," said Joshua.

"Well, everyone's waiting on when you want to tackle this building," said Chanwoo. "I need more info about the layout of the building," said Joshua. "I can do that," said Chanwoo. "Alright, where do you want me to drop you off at?" Asked Joshua. "The cafe is fine," said Chanwoo. Joshua nodded and started the jeep, heading to the cafe.

Jinwoo stood outside of the cafe when they pulled up, and Chanwoo got out. "Thanks," said Chanwoo. "I'll keep in touch," he said. Joshua nodded and waved before driving off back to Wustermark.