Chapter 2

A Hunter's Decision

The next day Hoshi dropped off Minghao and DK, as Joshua managed to get tickets to the baseball game so they could go spend the day with Cory and Jimin. Ryeowook and Siwon declined on going, wanting some time to themselves which everyone respected. So after everyone was ready to go they headed out to the stadium, ready to watch the game.

DK and Minghao got along with Jimin and Cory, much to Joshua's amusement. It seemed that the two youngest would accept anyone, which was good until Minghao found his pure blood mate. "And there they go asking all sorts of questions," Minhyuk said as he watched the two youngest interact with Cory. "You have to remember, Cory is a new face to them," said Joshua as he scratched the back of his head. "I guess," said Minhyuk.

"Guys, you can leave Cory alone now, he looks a bit uncomfortable with you asking him so many questions," said Joshua. "Sorry hyung," said Minghao as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "It's alright," said Cory as he chuckled some. "I'm just a bit overwhelmed is all," he said.

"It's keeping my mind distracted more than anything," he said in Korean as he looked at Joshua. Joshua blinked before nodding. "I see," he said in Korean. "Wouldn't want you to relapse right here and now," he said. Minhyuk and Jimin look between Joshua and Cory as Minghao tilted his head to the side. "Nothing," Joshua said in English as he smiled at Jimin and Minhyuk. "Minghao, why don't you and DK take Minhyuk and Jimin to grab some hot dogs," he said. Minghao nodded and went to do that, dragging Jimin and Minhyuk over to the hot dog stand with DK.

"Do you even know of my past?" Cory asked in Korean. Joshua shrugs. "I don't look into people's pasts but I do know about your violent history," he said in Korean. "When your ex packmate signed up for the faction I had to go through all the forms and that was even after Vernon and Seungkwan went through them," he said. "I had to look into each person's history to be completely sure of accepting them into the faction or not," he said. "Hm," said Cory. "Besides, I don't judge people by their pasts," said Joshua. "Why should I when mine is just as bad?" He asked. Cory nodded. "Alright then," he said.

"Hey, you still have your other mate to find don't you?" Asked Joshua. Cory nodded. "Don't let what happened to Hyungwon happen to them," said Joshua as the others came back with food and drinks. "Here you go hyungs," said Minghao as he handed Cory and Joshua their hot dogs and drinks before going to sit down to watch the game with Minhyuk, Jimin and DK. Cory and Joshua followed after him.

The game went on for the entire day, everyone enjoying themselves as the day went on. Minghao managed to catch a home run ball and Dk cheered with him as Minghao held up the ball. Jimin cheered with them, as Cory and Joshua chuckle as the camera showed them on the big screen. It got the team that was behind up a few points and win the game.

"Yeah!" Yelled Minghao. "My team won!" He yelled as he got up and ran up the stairs to run around the back of the seating area. "He's gonna get kicked out by security," Jimin said with a sigh. "Don't worry," said Joshua. "DK will get him," he said as DK went to get Minghao. Jimin, Joshua, Minhyuk and Cory got up to chase down the duo so they could beat the crowd and go home early.

Things were tense on the ride home, though the two youngest were doing their best to diffuse the tense atmosphere by talking amongst themselves. Cory sat in front while Joshua drove and Jimin and Minhyuk were in the back with the two youngest.

"You did good today Cory," Joshua said in Korean. "Mm," said Cory. "I'm gonna be honest though," he said in Korean. "The last time I relapsed was a few months ago, I'm due for another one," he said. "I figured, you've been tense since the game started," said Joshua. "Good to keep you distracted then," he said. Cory nodded. "When was the last time you went home anyway?" Asked Joshua. "I went last month," said Cory. Joshua nodded and pulled up to the pack house to let Minghao and Dk out.

"Thanks for inviting us hyung!" Said Minghao as he waved before going inside. DK waved before following after him. Joshua chuckled some and drove off, heading back to his apartment building.

Joshua made sure to text his brother telling him that he was heading home so they could be decent. He was pretty sure of what those two were doing the entire day they were gone. "I swear to god if they aren't decent when we get there," Minhyuk mumbled from the backseat. Cory and Jimin chuckled. 

When they got there Ryeowook and Siwon were in the livingroom watching a movie. "Well, I see you two had a productive day," Joshua said in Korean so Siwon could understand him. Ryeowook laughs. "We weren't spending the day in bed, we actually got some laundry done," he said in Korean. "Got done just before you got here actually," he said, shrugging. "Mhm," said Cory. "What did they do?" Asked Minhyuk. "Laundry," Joshua said making a quote gesture with his hands. Jimin laughs. "Sure sure," he said.

"Hush you," said Siwon as he tossed a pillow at Jimin. Jimin squeaked and hid behind Cory. "Mind repeating that in English?" He asked with a pout as he tossed the pillow back at Siwon. Cory sighed. "Don't use me as a shield," he said as he shook his head in amusement.

"Who won anyway?" Asked Ryeowook. "The Red Sox," said Cory. "Oh cool, I saw the screen when Minghao caught the ball," said Ryeowook. "That was funny," he said, chuckling some.

"Did you two eat?" Joshua asked in Korean as everyone settled down in the livingroom. "Yeah," said Ryeowook. "We ordered pizza," he said in English. "Is there any left?" Asked Jimin. "I think there's a box left," said Ryeowook. Jimin got up and went into the kitchen to see, coming back with the box and sitting down. He shared the pizza with Cory, Minhyuk and Joshua as they watched a movie with Ryeowook and Siwon.