Chapter 11

A Hunter's Decision

They stopped in Cologne, getting off the train and going to stretch their legs and wait for the train that will take them ever so closer to Berlin. It had been an awkward ride for everyone, but once they were on solid ground again Wonpil decided to play a prank on Minhyuk.

"I suggest you don't," said Sungjin when he saw what Wonpil was going to do. "He's jumpier than usual, and it's not a good thing to provoke a werewolf," he said. Wonpil pouts. "What's the worst he can do?" He asked. "Kill you?" Asked Joshua as he walked over. "Seriously, Minhyuk's not in good standing right now," he said. "I suggest you don't," he said. Wonpil sighed. "Fine," he whined before going to bother Jae as they waited on the next train.

"He wouldn't though, would he?" Sungjin asked Joshua. Joshua shook his head. "No," he said. "But I wouldn't put it passed him," he said. "How rare is it for him to be outside of the US?" Asked Sungjin. "Very," said Joshua. "We don't even get called outside of the US that much," he said. "Hm," said Sungjin. "It's Woozi and DK that get sent out more than we do," said Joshua. "This must be really important then," said Sungjin.

"Oh, you guys are here too?" Came Jeonguk's voice as he walked over with Hongseob. "Hey Jeonguk," said Joshua. "Hongseob couldn't come alone so I went with him," said Jeonguk. "We left after Vernon and Seungkwan left so," he said, shrugging. "Where are they?" Asked Joshua. "Wustermark, they wanted to meet you there," said Jeonguk. "Yeah, everyone else is in Poland right now," said Joshua.

"We're all headed to Wustermark it seems," said Joshua as their train arrived. "Mm," said Sungjin. Everyone got on the train, going to their respective sleeping cabins. There was a knock on the door to the sleeping cabin Joshua and Minhyuk were sharing with Taeyong and Jae popped his head in. "I got kicked out, mind if I join you?" He asked. "Sure," said Joshua. Minhyuk and Taeyong nod in agreement. "Top bunk is free," said Taeyong as he pointed. "Thanks," said Jae as he climbed onto the top bunk and laid down.

"How you feeling Minhyuk?" Asked Joshua. "This is my first major siege thing, I'm nervous," said Minhyuk. "Don't worry," said Joshua. "I'm most likely leading the attack from Wustermark with whoever's there when we get there," he said. "If anything, I can pretty much get us through there without anyone getting killed, we have humans and regular wolves on this raid," he said. "We'll have to open comms when we get to Wustermark, see who else is on the way," he said.

"This train has wifi at least," said Joshua as he sat on his bunk, setting up his laptop. "True," said Jae. "What does Skype say?" He asked. "Erm," said Joshua. "We got the western side of Berlin covered, so I think there's still people trying to get South and East," he said. "North is getting taken care of by Kyuhyun and whoever's with him, I'll let the remaining groups trying to get to Germany to just go to the South and Eastern side of Berlin," he said.

"You have comms open?" Asked Joshua as he looked at Jae. "Erm," said Jae. "That's more Sungjin's thing," he said, shrugging. "I'm sure he does though," he said. "How do ya'll get your missions then?" Asked Minhyuk. "Easy, share one phone number," said Jae. "They just send our name with the text the mission is on so we know who goes where," he said.

"Oh, Yugyeom, Aron and Jackson are headed south, with JR and Jinyoung heading east," said Joshua as a messaged popped up on Skype. "We need a few more teams heading East here," he muttered as he typed a reply back. "Daehyun and Yoongi are going east," said Minhyuk as he showed his Skype message. "Same with Yongguk and his betas," he said.

"Wait, since when did Jinyoung become a hunter?" Asked Taeyong. "Recently, I offered to let him join my faction and he agreed," said Joshua. "Hm," said Taeyong. "It helps his sanity, as we found with Hyungwon," said Joshua. "Figured it would," said Taeyong. "He needed to vent that somehow," he said.

"How much farther?" Asked Jae. "We still got another two hours," said Joshua. "Catch up on sleep, I'll keep an eye on comms," he said. Jae nodded and let the illusion fade before stretching out on the top bunk and falling asleep. Taeyong laid down on the bottom bunk and fell asleep. Joshua kept comms open as he and Minhyuk kept an eye on which teams went where.

Sungjin knocked on the door an hour later, poking his head in. "Jae," he called, as Jae woke, turning his head to look at Sungjin. "Just making sure you were here," said Sungjin. "Wonpil wants his cuddle buddy back," he said. Jae snorts. "Hell no," he said, sitting up and stretching. "I was enjoying the silence," he said. He put his human illusion up, showing that he was sitting up with one knee raised as he leaned slightly on it. Joshua chuckled some. "Minhyuk's a great cuddle buddy," he said. Minhyuk groaned. "I am not," he said, hitting the top bunk with his fist. "I don't want to be his cuddle buddy," he said.

"Jae, go keep him company," said Sungjin. "Fine," said Jae as he hopped down, leaving the cabin. "You were right hyung," grumbled Minhyuk. "Leave him be, Jae's usually like this until he gets comfortable with you," said Sungjin. "It's only due to how we all grew up, Jae's a little different," he said. "Mind if I room in here?" He asked. "Sure," said Joshua as he pointed to the bunk above Taeyong. Sungjin nodded and climbed onto the bunk before laying down and letting the illusion fade as he curled up into a ball and fell asleep.

"We made it," said Joshua as he looked out the train window. "Wake up guys," he said as he packed up, shaking Taeyong before shaking Sungjin. He turned to Minhyuk and woke him up. There was knocks on the cabin door and Dowoon poked his head in. "Awake yet guys?" He asked. "Yeah," said Sungjin as he stretched, letting his illusion appear. He hopped off and headed out with Joshua and Minhyuk following after him.

Taeyong came out to the platform a few minutes later, meeting with his team. Seungkwan and Vernon walked over, waving. "Long time no see hyung," said Vernon. "I got comms open to the north, and as soon as we have confirmation in the south I'll open comms there," said Seungkwan. "Good," said Joshua. "Do we have a hotel nearby?" He asked. "Yep, booked tickets for you two, the others need to book them themselves," said Seungkwan.

"This is my first time meeting those wolves," said Vernon as he spotted Sungjin talking with his pack. "Don't worry about them, they are pretty much on our side," said Joshua. "I met what I think were either Sungjin's relatives or one of his packmates's relatives when I went through Europe before the first World War," he said. "We actually got to the US just before World War 1 Started," he said.

"Let's get to the hotel then," said Taeyong as he walked over with his team. "I'm sure the others can make their way over," he said. Joshua nodded and headed to the Hotel with the others following after him.