Chapter 17

A Hunter's Decision

Joshua was in his room alone while Seungkwan, Vernon and Minhyuk were out getting food when Wonwoo knocked on the door. "Come in," said Joshua and Wonwoo walked in. "What's up?" He asked as he looked up from his laptop. "I was wondering if I could talk to Sungcheol with you," said Wonwoo. "With me in the room?" Asked Joshua. Wonwoo nodded. "Alright, let me see if he's online," said Joshua as he stood and went over to the desk and put his laptop on it before sitting down and seeing if Sungcheol was online. Wonwoo pulled up a chair and sat in it.

Sungcheol picked up and waved, spotting Wonwoo behind Joshua. "What's up?" He asked. "Is Mingyu there?" Asked Joshua. "I think this might involve him," he said. Sungcheol got up and went to get Mingyu before coming back to sit down with Mingyu sitting beside him. "What's up hyung?" Asked Mingyu. "Ryeowook informed me of what you had asked him," said Joshua as he deadpanned. "Oh, right," said Mingyu as he scratched the back of his head.

"Anyway," said Wonwoo as he looked nervous. "I was wondering if it was okay to join Joshua's faction," he said. Sungcheol was silent for a few minutes and Joshua wondered what was going through his head. "Now you don't have to yell at me like last time," Joshua said with a snort as he stood, going to grab his phone. "I also told him, that to join my faction you'd have to say yes so talk it out now, I don't want to hear the arguing," he said before leaving the hotel room.

"He's still pissed about that night," said Wonwoo as he sighed. "And for the record, I'd be too if I got accused of stealing half the pack when I had no intentions to do so," he said. "And I wanted to join too," said Mingyu as Sungcheol turned to him.

Joshua slid against the wall outside the hotel room, sighing a bit. He was listening in on the conversation though it was slightly muted, being in his own thoughts.

Dowoon walked by and stopped, wondering what was wrong. "Wonwoo's talking with Sungcheol," muttered Joshua as he shrugged. "Oh, right," said Dowoon. "I've also been doing some thinking," said Joshua. "I will let you join my faction, however I need confirmation from Sungjin since he is your pack leader and leader of your faction," he said. "Sure," said Dowoon. He sat beside Joshua, leaning his head against the wall as he looked up at the ceiling.

Wonwoo came to the door, opening it and looking around, spotting Joshua and Dowoon. "Did it go well?" Asked Joshua. Wonwoo shook his head. "Not as well as I'd hope," said Wonwoo. "He threw insults left and right before saying no and leaving the room," he said. Joshua snorts. "Alright then," he said. Dowoon sighed. "You werewolves have a weird way of dealing with these things," he said. "Well, I would've been alpha but since I was a beta at the time, I just let Sungcheol take over," said Joshua.

"The pack structure is a bit different than a normal wolf pack," he said. "We have the main alpha, then the natural alphas who are the main alpha's betas, then the other alphas and occasionally a couple natural betas," he said. "I was a natural beta when I was turned into a werewolf but if I had stuck with my father's pack and not get turned I would've become the main alpha," he said.

"How does that work then?" Asked Dowoon. "How is a er, 'main' alpha chosen?" He asked. "From what I know, it's usually given to the oldest person in the pack," said Joshua. "Or it's a pure blood who feels confident enough to become the alpha," he said. "Hence why Changkhyun, the youngest in Doyoung and Hobi's pack is the alpha," he said, before getting up. Dowoon stood and looked at Wonwoo, his expression saddened for a second before he made it blank. "It's alright," he said. "We'll manage something," he said.

"I don't want you to leave Sungcheol's pack for mine," said Joshua. "It'd be weird for one, and another, I may be a main alpha but I was never one for being an alpha, that's more my brother's role now," he said. "So it's really up to him anyway," he said. "Let's go talk to Sungjin then," he said. "They're outside sitting next to the fountain," said Dowoon. Joshua nodded and headed outside with Dowoon and Wonwoo.

"Hey Josh," said Sungjin as he spotted Joshua and the others as they walked over. "Sungjin," said Joshua. "I was informed that Dowoon wanted to join my faction," he said. "I did say for him to ask you first," said Sungjin. "What was your say in it?" He asked. "I said that I'd need your permission, not only as a pack leader but also as a leader of the faction," said Joshua.

"As a pack leader, I allow him to join your faction," said Sungjin. "As a faction leader, I will allow it, just take care of him alright?" He asked. Joshua nodded.

"Gonna guess that things didn't go well with you," said Sungjin as he turned to Wonwoo. Wonwoo shook his head no. "You'll work something out I'm sure," said Wonpil. "Your pack leader seems like a douche bag," said Brian as he looked towards the fountain. "Well," said Joshua as he chuckled. "If we weren't just regular animals I'd tear him a new one," said Jae as he chuckled some.

"You know," said Sungjin as he tossed a coin into the fountain before turning to Joshua. "I feel like we can pass off as siblings, maybe we were siblings in another life or something," he said. "Maybe," Joshua said with a small smile as he turned to the fountain. "Well," said Sungjin as he put a hand on Joshua's shoulder, causing Joshua to turn to him. "If you need a spot to get away from things, or a new place to stay, come to Spain alright? We got you covered," he said. Joshua nodded.

"Well, I need to go plan," said Joshua as he looked at his phone. "If Minhyuk and them come back while I'm still planning tell them I'm on the roof," he said. Wonwoo nodded before Joshua left, going to grab his laptop and head up to the roof for a private place.

----

A/N: The end of this chapter is actually a reference to another series I wrote featuring NU'EST, NCT, BTS, EXO, SEVENTEEN, and Day6. Feel free to check that series out :D