Chapter 12

A Hunter's Decision

Joshua spent his time planning as Seungkwan opened comms in the South. He waited for the teams that were going east to arrive on the eastern side of Berlin before opening comms.

Right now Joshua was video chatting with his brother discussing how they would take back Berlin. "If only we had more information," grumbled Joshua. "I know, we're not even sure who has Berlin under siege," said Ryeowook. "It's not father, is it?" Asked Joshua. "No," said Ryeowook. "I've been keeping an eye on him," he said. "Besides, why would he go through all this just to confront you?" He asked. "I wouldn't put it passed him actually," said Joshua.

"Joshua," called Seungkwan as he walked over. "What's up?" Asked Joshua as he turned to Seungkwan. "Comms are open in the south, East is having a little bit more trouble," said Seungkwan. "Who's teams are headed there?" Asked Joshua. "Daehyun, Yoongi, Yongguk and his betas," said Seungkwan. Ryeowook hummed in response. "That's not going to be enough," he said. "Just 5 people? Yeah that's not going to be enough," said Joshua. "Not bashing on Yongguk or anything," he said. "I can see if any of our pack can make it," said Seungkwan as he went to text the group chat on Skype.

"Okay, looks like Jun and his group are headed that way," said Joshua as he checked the group chat. "Good, the more people headed that way the better," said Ryeowook as he turned his head to listen to someone talk in the background. "What's up?" Asked Joshua. "Looks like we're heading out, some groups are going to go to the northern side of Berlin, Sungcheol and them are heading out so I'm going to pack up here and go, I'll see you in a few hours," said Ryeowook. "Alright, see you," said Joshua as he waved before hanging up.

"We're gonna need someone to do a recon mission," said Sungjin as he walked into Joshua's hotel room. "See if they could gather any info on who's there," he said. "I could," said Joshua. "Are you sure about this?" Asked Minhyuk as he looked up from his phone. "I do recon missions all the time," said Joshua as he scratched the back of his head. "I'll be fine," he said. "Take Dowoon with you then," said Sungjin. "We can take a car into Berlin," he said.

Joshua nodded and got up, going to grab his backpack and slinging it onto his back. He packed up his laptop, turning to Minhyuk. "Keep comms open alright? I don't know when I'll be back," he said. Minhyuk nodded. He headed out with Sungjin, going to get Dowoon then a rental car.

"Always gotta get a jeep huh hyung?" Asked Dowoon as their car arrived. Joshua shrugs. "It's habit, sue me," he said, chuckling some. "Let's go do this recon mission then," he said, getting in the Jeep. Dowoon got in the passenger seat and buckled up. Joshua sat in the driver's seat for a minute before starting the jeep and driving off, heading to Berlin.

"You seem tense," said Dowoon. "I'm just anticipating this mission is all," said Joshua. "I haven't done recon missions in a while," he said. "You're small, we can manage something I'm sure," said Dowoon. "In animal form maybe," Joshua said with a sigh. "We'll figure out something," said Dowoon. "I'm sure of it," he said. Joshua nodded and drove into the city.

"Hm," said Dowoon as he looked around. "We only have a limited time frame here," said Joshua as he stopped at a stoplight. "I know," said Dowoon. "I know a spot we can go to for information, do you mind stopping there?" He asked. "You know the area, where do we need to go?" Asked Joshua. "Go straight, then there's a small side street a mile up the road, turn there," said Dowoon. Joshua continued driving for a bit, making the turn when it came up.

"Stop here," said Dowoon after Joshua drove down the side street for a bit. Joshua pulled into a parking space and looked at the building that Dowoon had pointed to. "A cafe?" Asked Joshua. "Trust me," said Dowoon as he got out. Joshua got out and followed after him.

Dowoon headed up to the counter. "Is Chan home?" He asked in German as he took out his pocketwatch with his faction's emblem on it. "I'll get him for you sir," said the barista. "I'll get you two coffees," he said. Dowoon nodded and went to sit down with Joshua sitting beside him.

"Didn't expect you two to be here," said Wonwoo as he walked over with Mingyu. "Recon mission too?" Asked Joshua. "Mm," said Wonwoo. They got their coffee and continued to wait for their informant to show up.

"Wow, wasn't expecting a party," came a familiar voice as Chanwoo walked over. "It's been a long time Jisoo," he said to Joshua. "It has, hasn't it," said Joshua as he smiled some. "The burning question I have though, is why did you fake your death?" He asked. Chanwoo chuckled some. "I'll explain it later," he said. "Right now, I believe you want information," he said, sitting down in front of Joshua as the others sat around Joshua.

"The person who has Berlin under siege is someone everyone's been keeping an eye on," said Chanwoo. "The only reason he hasn't done anything yet is because of all the attention given to Berlin," he said. "Who is it?" Asked Joshua. "Junsu," said Chanwoo. "I knew it," said Joshua as he slammed his fist on the table. "No one believed it would be my dad behind this, and here we are," he said.

"Where is his base of operations?" He asked. "Center of town, here's the address," said Chanwoo as he wrote something down before handing it to Joshua then writing it on another piece of paper and handing it to Wonwoo. "Good luck, and be careful," he said, getting up and walking into the back.

Dowoon drank his coffee, shaking his head. "Why would a shapeshifter want Berlin?" He asked. "This is a prime spot in Europe, you can get to a lot of places from here," said Joshua. "But there's also that random chance that he did this to bring me out," he said. He brought out his laptop and turned it on, connecting to the internet and signing into Skype. He let the group chat know what was happening before checking the other group chats he was in.

Dowoon leaned back in the chair, watching Wonwoo and Mingyu interact with each other. "Do they know German?" Dowoon asked in German. "No," said Joshua as he looked up from the laptop screen. "What's up?" He asked in German. "Nothing," said Dowoon. "They aren't mates right?" He asked. "No," said Joshua. "Who do you think you're mated with?" He asked. "Erm," said Dowoon.

"You noticed it too then?" Asked Wonwoo as he turned to Dowoon. Dowoon nodded. "Well, this is awkward," Joshua said in English. "Do you two want to come back with us then?" He asked. "I'll let Sungcheol know," he said. "I'll head back, I need to head east," said Mingyu. "Be careful then," said Joshua. Mingyu nodded and got up, leaving the cafe.

"Come on," said Joshua as he got up, grabbing his bag and putting his laptop inside. "We'll head back to Wustermark," he said. Wonwoo and Dowoon nod before heading out with Joshua.