Chapter 14

A Hunter's Decision

Chanwoo walked over after a few minutes with their coffee and sat down, giving everyone their coffee. "Hello again Jisoo," he said. "Chanwoo," said Joshua as he looked up from his laptop. "I was wondering what you were up to," said Chanwoo. "Minhyuk wanted to explore so," Joshua said with a shrug. "And I decided to tag along," said Brian.

"So, what brings you back?" Asked Chanwoo. "Well, are you aware of your brothers and their pack being in Berlin?" Asked Joshua. "I am," said Chanwoo. "The funny thing is, I called them here, but they only know my code name Chan," he said. "My brothers were the only ones to make it, the others are busy with something going on in Asia," he said. "Hm," said Joshua.

They look up when they heard the door open, and Yunhyeong and Jinhwan walked into the cafe, looking rather tense. They walk up to the Barista and asked for Chan, showing their pocket watches. "I'm over here," called Chanwoo. "Get them two coffees Jinwoo," he called. "Sure," said Jinwoo as he went to do that.

Yunhyeong and Jinhwan walk over, nodding to Joshua and Minhyuk before making a double take on Brian who just chuckled some. Chanwoo motioned for them to sit down as Jinwoo walked over with two cups of coffee, refilling Joshua and Minhyuk's cups. Jinwoo walked back to the counter and cleaned up the coffee machine, taking other orders.

"So, what did you call us here for?" Asked Jinhwan as he looked at Chanwoo. Chanwoo smiled slightly as he drank more coffee. He removed his cap, placing it on his knee. "Hey hyungs," he said. Yunhyeong blinked. "C-Chan?" He asked. "The one and only," Chanwoo said with a grin. Jinhwan was silent, his expression blank.

"Well, this is a change," Jinhwan said after a few minutes of silence. "What did you call us here for?" He asked. "I wanted to give you a way out," said Chanwoo. "A chance to leave the werewolf hunting world behind to join the largest vampire hunting faction in the world," he said. "You don't have to take my offer," he added. "You're welcome to continue hunting werewolves, but I know you want to stop," he said. "You already work for Kris, you have a way out already, but you can get complete protection from the other werewolf hunters if you join my mate's faction," he said.

That statement caused a look of surprise to cross Jinhwan's face before he schooled it to become blank again. "Is that why you faked your death then?" Asked Yunhyeong. Chanwoo took a second to drink his coffee as he nodded. "I am surprised then, that you went to that length," said Jinhwan as his expression turned cold. "You have to remember," said Chanwoo. "That back then you would've been against the idea of my mate being male," he said.

"He has a point," Joshua chimed in after a minute of being hesitant. "I've been through years of being chased by my father, being hounded by my imprint's father because my imprint was male," he said. "But, I'm glad that my mate, who found his other mate in me, doesn't have to go through that pain," he said. "Things are different now," he said. "And I think he finally sought you out because things are different," he said.

"I'm not here to cause trouble," said Joshua when Jinhwan turned his attention to him. "I'm just here because I also wanted to know why he faked his death," he said. "We knew each other back then, when I was staying on Jinyoung's father's farm and working," he said.

"Hanbin's going to be super surprised then," said Yunhyeong. "We'll have to discuss things with the others, see what they want," he said. "Good luck on taking back Berlin, Junsu's stupid for doing this," he said. "Moonbin's your mate right?" He asked. Chanwoo nodded. "We'll get in contact with him next time we're in Egypt then," said Jinhwan. "Who knew, that the biggest informant in all of Europe was you," he said, getting up and downing the rest of his coffee before walking out the door. Yunhyeong watched him with a sigh before getting up. "Glad to see you alive Chan, you can tell us the entire story when you feel the need to," he said going to pat Chanwoo on the shoulder before heading out after Jinhwan.

"So those people killed my father," grumbled Minhyuk as he stared into his coffee cup. "Hey, it's not all bad you know," said Joshua as he put a comforting hand on Minhyuk's shoulder. "I know," said Minhyuk as he drank more coffee. "I just wish I had my memories of that time," he grumbled. Chanwoo shook his head some and got up, putting his cap on. "Well, I better return to work then," he said. "Be careful going home, Junsu's got his informants all over the place now, trying to see who is where," he said before returning to the counter and going to help Jinwoo.

"You've been quiet Brian," remarked Joshua as he updated the group chat on Skype to tell everyone that iKon was gone from Berlin. "I guess," said Brian. "I just have a lot on my mind right now," he said. "Are we needed at home yet?" Asked Minhyuk. "No," said Joshua. "We've only been here for about two hours," he said. "Besides, I let them know that we were on a coffee break, Dowoon does know where this coffee shop is located so," he said.

"Well, we're closing now," said Chanwoo as he walked over after a few hours. "Is it that late already?" Asked Joshua as he looked at the time. "Yeah," said Chanwoo. "Careful on heading home," he said, grabbing the coffee cups. Joshua nodded and stood stretching and waking Minhyuk and Brian before packing up his laptop. "You be careful too," he said to Chanwoo. "Always," said Chanwoo. Joshua smiled some before walking out of the shop with Minhyuk and Brian.