Chapter 3

A Hunter's Decision

The next few days were a bit odd between Joshua, Minhyuk, Cory and Jimin. Minghao and DK had dragged the four of them out shopping, as Chan and Jun tagged along. Minghao had learned from Joshua that Cory needed the distraction so to the mall they went.

"Oh sure, bring one of the group leaders along," Joshua said as they met Chan and Jun at the mall. "Hyung, I'm his beta of course he'd get dragged along," said Minghao. "I'm not that bad Josh," Jun said with a snort as they walked into the mall. "Not as bad as Jeonghan's nagging sometimes anyway," he said with a snicker. "I'mma tell him you said that," Joshua said with a laugh. "Like Jeonghan will do anything," DK said with a chuckle. Minghao grabbed Cory and Jimin by the arm and dragged them both into a store with DK following after them. The others stood outside the store and waited for them.

"How's things at the pack house anyway?" Asked Joshua as he turned to Jun. "Quiet," said Jun. "Jeonghan got called out, and then Hoshi got called out a day later, and Mingyu and Wonwoo got called out with Sungcheol a few hours after Hoshi," he said. "It's just me, Chan, Woozi and the kids," he said. "Woozi had some stuff to do so that's why he's not out with us," he said. "Forever the introvert," Minhyuk said with a snicker. Chan chuckled. "He's more interactive with those he's close to," he said. "Which is not saying much," he said.

"So what's up with those two?" Asked Jun. "I'm aware of Cory's past, I'm pretty sure everyone is since Jeonguk's extraction came to light after Kihyun's," he said. "It's a distraction thing," said Joshua as he shrugs. "Relapsing won't do him any good, and Jimin's just ually frustrated," he said, chuckling at the last bit to lighten the mood. "The young ones are usually like that," Jun said with a snicker. "Says the youngest of the group leaders," Chan said with a smirk. "Yah! That doesn't make me the youngest old man!" Jun said, punching Chan in the arm. Chan chuckled some.

Minghao came out of the store after a few minutes, pouting. "It didn't go well did it?" Joshua asked. "No," said Minghao. "Jimin took over the shopping once he caught on to what I was trying to do," he said. "Oh no," said Minhyuk. "If I remember anything from before I left Jimin's gonna spend hours in there," he said. "It's all about the distractions," said Joshua as he shrugs. "I guess," said Minghao.

Jimin dragged Cory and DK out of the store with a few bags. "What did you buy this time?" Joshua asked Jimin. "More jackets," Jimin said matter-of-factly. Cory scratched the back of his head. "I happened to mention wanting more zip up hoodies and he went crazy," he said. "Did you have to go into the most expensive store in the mall just look for hoodies?" Asked Joshua. Jimin shrugs and drags Cory to the next store, taking Jun and Chan with him. The others followed after them.

"Oh boy," said Minghao as they stood in front of the next store. "Jun's gonna get tired of Jimin really quick," he said. "Nah," said Joshua. "He has to deal with you and DK on a daily basis," he said with a snicker. "Yah!" Said Minghao as he pouts. "I'm not that bad," he said.

They spotted Cory coming out of the store alone, carrying the bags they assumed held his hoodies. "Having fun?" Asked Joshua. Cory scratched the back of his head, chuckling some. "I guess," he said.

"How are you on relapsing?" Joshua asked in Korean. Cory's expression turned serious as he turned to Joshua. "I'm fine," he said in Korean. "You do know how to snap me out of it?" He asked. Joshua tilted his head to the side before nodding. "Don't worry," he said. "I know what to do, I was there," he said. Cory tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Don't worry about it," Joshua said, forcing a grin as Jimin and the others came out of the store. Jimin turned to Joshua and Minhyuk next, before grabbing them and dragging them to the next store. The others follow after him.

"Minghao," said Cory as they stopped in front of the next store. "Hm?" Asked Minghao. "You can understand Korean can't you?" Cory asked in Korean as he turned to Minghao. Minghao grinned but said nothing more. "I knew it," Cory said with a chuckle. "I grew up speaking it," Minghao said in Korean as he shrugs. "Joshua-hyung was even a bit taken aback when he learned I could understand him and his brother and his brother's mate," he said with a chuckle.

"I can understand some of it," said Chan as he shrugs. "I did spend a lot of time with Joshua when I was with Sungcheol," he said. "Back when it was just us three anyway," he said. "Language barriers and the like, Sungcheol knew some Korean and I could speak enough to get me by," he said. "Mm," said Cory. "Ya'll and your bilingual selves," grumbled Jun as he sighed. Cory chuckled. "The older we are the easier we pick up on other languages," he said. "I spent a good 4 or 5 years in the US before I went home in the 60's," he said.

"Can I trust you then, to not bring any of our Korean conversations to the others?" Cory asked Chan and Minghao. "Of course," said Chan. Minghao nodded in agreement. "Now you have me curious," said Jun as he tilted his head to the side. "Don't worry about it for now," said Cory as he looked back at the store.

They were joined by Woozi after Jimin passed the one hour mark in the store. "Oh, Mr. Introvert decides to join us for once," said Jun as he turned to Woozi. "Hush Jun," Woozi said with a scowl. "I got tired of being cooped up in the house," he said. He eyed Cory for a second before looking at the store. "Who's in there?" He asked. "Jimin, Minhyuk and Joshua," Cory said with a shrug. "Where's DK?" Asked Woozi. "I think he mentioned going to get pretzels or something," said Minghao as he shrugs.

"Also, now that you're here you may get dragged into the next store," Cory said with a shrug. Woozi snorts. "I'd like to see him try," he said. Cory grinned. "You're asking for it," he said, spotting Jimin come out of the store with Joshua and Minhyuk. "Hm," said Jimin as he turned to Woozi. "Hi Woozi! You're next!" He said, grabbing Woozi's arm and literally dragging him to the next store. Joshua, Minhyuk and Cory burst out laughing with Cory shouting "I told you so!" The others quickly made work to follow after them after DK found them after getting pretzels for himself and Minghao.

"Was that Woozi hyung?" Asked DK as he munched on his pretzel. "Yep," said Minghao as they stopped in front of the next store. "Either Jimin's gonna have him try on everything or Woozi's going to run out of that store screaming," Joshua said with a snicker. "Either or, it's gonna be funny," said Minhyuk as he shook his head.

After a few minutes Woozi came out of the store looking grumpy, having a pout on his face. "Damn Jimin and his alpha aura," he grumbled. Jun snickered. "Jeonghan's going to have a laugh when he hears this," he said. Jimin came out of the store with the biggest grin on his face. "You liked it, admit it," he said. "Fine," said Woozi as he sighed. "Let's go get lunch," Joshua offered to diffuse situation. "Sure," said DK and Minghao as they ran to the food court. The others followed after them.