We Can Work It Out

It Happened in Jeju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nam Ji Hyun looks down with shock at the man down on the floor. Was he stalking her?

“Are you stalking me???!”

“What? No!!” he sits up, wincing slightly as he rubs his shoulder.

Nam Ji Hyun steps back a little but grips the broom of her handle. Ready to fight him off if she had to. 

She had been busy cleaning and grooving along to her favorite Beatles record when this, this psychotic stalker had burst into her home. She glares at him wondering how he had found her.

Just shows, she thinks, it’s the pretty ones that you have to watch out for. Despite his good looks, he was one crazy bastard. Why was he here anyway and how did he find her? Was he upset about the accident earlier? It wasn’t him that had landed face first in the dirt.
 

Chang Wook raises both hands and slowly gets up. “Look, I don’t know who you are, but I’m just here to rent this place," he explains. 
 

"My manager called to arrange it. See.” He reaches slowly for the phone in his pocket and tries to pull up the email from his Manager with the details. However, the page refuses to load and he notices with dismay that he does not have any mobile phone signal.
 

“Umm...I’m not getting any coverage”

“How convenient,” she scoffs, her expression skeptical.

“If you have Wi-Fi I can pull it up,"  he offers.

The woman in front of him seems to think this over and he starts wondering if perhaps this was some big cosmic screw-up. Could his Manager have messed up the booking? Or maybe he was at the wrong place? After all he had just been following directions from a hand drawn map. 

A voice calls from the front door and breaks their little stand-off.

“Ji Hyun-ie~”

An older lady who bares a slight resemblance to the younger one in front of him walks in and pokes her head into the bedroom.

“Oh, hello!" she smiles, seeing the newcomer in the house. "You must be Ji Chang Wook-shi. Welcome to Seonheul,” the lady's eyes twinkle. “I see you’ve met my niece Ji Hyun.”

Nam Ji H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter